Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:19:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler Interview
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler Interview  (Read 2165 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« on: March 07, 2006, 11:17:30 AM »

Former GUNS N' ROSES and current ADLER'S APPETITE drummer Steven Adler recently answered several a few questions for his official fan site, StevenAdler.net. An excerpt from the chat follows:

Q: How was the tour that you just came back from?

Steve: "Dude, it was great. I did something like 25 shows; Germany, Italy, Spain, England - dude, you gotta see my hand. I gotta have an operation on my hand!"

Q: What happened?

Steve: "It got caught! This guy closed the door on me, the sliding door on a van. I did so many shows with it, so painful you wouldn't believe!"

Q: So dude, that's answers part of the controversies?

Steve: "Dude, I was doin' great! I wasn't doin' nuthin'! Drinkin' my Jaeger, puffin' my bud! Honest dude, you know I'd tell you!"

Q: Well what about the whole band thing?

Steve: "Dude, it was so important for this whole thing to go fucking off smoothly. And it did. I did fifteen shows in England, almost in a row. I kicked ass and had a great time, made a new DVD, and I did it. I wanted Keri back, but I never called him up and said anything to him."

Q: But, I mean, these guys were your bros, and you kinda?.

Steve: "I told them, I said 'I don't want to get rid of you! I don't want to throw you away! I love ya! I want to work with you! I just have to try to do this!' I had to prove myself! That South America shit? Dude, I got that band together in five fuckin' days! I did it! I didn't cancel, I proved myself. Everytime I've gone to Europe it ended up costing me eight to ten thousand dollars! I didn't make dick there!"

Q: Right, but wouldn't it be better to think about that before you go?

Steve: "Dude, I did think about it, I thought it was going to be different!"

Q: Well, you know what people were thinkin', that this guy Adam Bomb came along and fucked things up?

Steve: "Oh, Jesus Christ! The only thing he said to me, made me feel, that I could do this thing on my own. It was good and it was bad and it was ugly. I learned a lot, but still I got fucked over. The first night I played with him, we did well, and I thought, 'Cool, maybe this is want I need.' I mean, I hope, that I can still work with Sheldon and the guys sometime. But I know they're pissed. I...fuck.... with the other guys, Robbie and them, they were wanting to cancel the shows in South America that time, and I said 'No way!' I just had to prove that I could do it on my own. I did it, I pulled it off."

Q: But like Chip, he was your bro?

Steve: "Dude, he still is! He called me last night! We're gonna be doing some recording and shit! Look, I'm just so tired, and my hand? Dude, you know me."

Q: Well, did you tell them, over a single night, that "Adam Bomb is the new manager, if you don't like it you can leave?"

Steve: "You gotta understand, please, everybody would go home making money. What happened was, I got ripped off again. Being with Adam, I learned more business."

Q: Well, what would you say to the guys, Sheldon and them?

Steve: "I'm sorry, I made a mistake. I never wanted to get rid of you. It was ugly and I'm sorry."

Read the entire interview at StevenAdler.net

Fuck 'Em All.
Jonathan
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 11:34:15 AM »

I think he likes the word 'dude'. Tongue

On the serious note, thanks for the interview.
anythinggoes
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 11:41:36 AM »

shit beaten to it never mind

the mans still alive then  ok
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 01:23:01 PM »

He keeps saying this was something he had to try - what? - playing with out and out cover bands.  I don't get it other than poor Stevie got fucked over again.? ?Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 07, 2006, 04:31:12 PM by pugdog1987 » Logged
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 03:18:07 PM »

I think it's a great interview.. finally a normal, good one after that MS piece of shit. He sounds down to earth again, as far as that goes Grin

And it's good to hear he realizes he fucked up and admits it and that he wants to make a record. With a little luck Izzy is gonna be involved too.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 04:31:34 PM »

Well I think thats a progress hope he can stay in trail  ok  yes

No man can be my equal
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: