Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 11:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Record price estimates
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Record price estimates  (Read 7893 times)
_shaggy_
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: April 09, 2012, 04:50:48 AM »

Can someone please give me an idea of how much the following vinyl records/cds are worth in $/??

>EP/Live From The Jungle
>Live Era SEALED
>Live Era
>Appetite original pressing SEALED
>EP (the black cover with Axl on the front)
>Paradise City Holster pack/7"
>Paradise City picture disc
>Paradise City white picture disc
>Paradise City 12" SEALED
>Sweet Child 7" w/Peel off sticker SEALED
>Sweet Child 7" w/Tattoo SEALED
>Sweet Child 7" Jap promo
>Nightrain picture disc
>Nightrain uncut picture disc
>Nightrain 7" w/Patch SEALED
>Don't Cry Hologram 12" SEALED
>Live And Let Die 12" SEALED
>WTTJ 12" w/Patch SEALED
>WTTJ 3 track blue 12" SEALED
>WTTJ poster bag 12" SEALED
>both WTTJ picture discs
>YCBM clear 12"

>Sweet Child Jap 3" cd single
>Paradise City Jap 3" cd single SEALED
>Yesterdays Australian cd single w/poster SEALED
>KOHD Australian cd single w/poster SEALED

cheers
littlehon
Opening Act

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 06:59:43 AM »

its hard to give a valuation on these records as one week an item will go on ebay for a lot of money and the next week they could go for next to nothing , depending on if theres new collectors around and you got 2 battling it out , ive looked through your list and i dont see nothing mega rare but theres a lot of items that will make tidy money on ebay , here a rough guide of what i think stuff will make

e.p live from the jungle (standard 6 track) will make between ?15-30
live era sealed will make between ?80-150
appetite original usa 1st issue sealed will make between ?45-100
e.p black cover (original)will make between ?15-60
paradise city holster pack ?5-15
paradise city picture disc  ?8-20
paradise city white pic disc ?12.50-25
paradise city 12" sealed ?8-15
scom with sticker/tattoo ?5-15
scom jap 7" (standard) ?10-20
nightrain picture disc ?7.50-15
nightrain uncut picture disc ?30-55
nightrain 7" with patch ?4-10
dc 12" sealed ?10-20
lald 12" sealed ?10-20
wttj 12" patch sealed ?10-25
wttj 12" sealed ?8-15
wttj posterbag sealed ?8-20
wttj 1st issue picture disc ?25-40
wttj 2nd issue picture disc ?12.50-25
ycbm 12" picture disc ?4-10

scom 3" jap cd  ?10-25
pc 3" jap cd sealed ?20-40
yesterdays cd/poster ?10-45 ??
kohd cd/poster  ?10-45 ??

hope this helps but is only a rough guide , some items may make more and some may make less
troccoli
VIP

Please allow me to introduce myself

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 07:19:49 AM »

Can someone please give me an idea of how much the following vinyl records/cds are worth in $/??

>EP/Live From The Jungle
>Live Era SEALED
>Live Era
>Appetite original pressing SEALED
>EP (the black cover with Axl on the front)
>Paradise City Holster pack/7"
>Paradise City picture disc
>Paradise City white picture disc
>Paradise City 12" SEALED
>Sweet Child 7" w/Peel off sticker SEALED
>Sweet Child 7" w/Tattoo SEALED
>Sweet Child 7" Jap promo
>Nightrain picture disc
>Nightrain uncut picture disc
>Nightrain 7" w/Patch SEALED
>Don't Cry Hologram 12" SEALED
>Live And Let Die 12" SEALED
>WTTJ 12" w/Patch SEALED
>WTTJ 3 track blue 12" SEALED
>WTTJ poster bag 12" SEALED
>both WTTJ picture discs
>YCBM clear 12"

>Sweet Child Jap 3" cd single
>Paradise City Jap 3" cd single SEALED
>Yesterdays Australian cd single w/poster SEALED
>KOHD Australian cd single w/poster SEALED

cheers

Yeah, I?d have to agree with the prices quoted by LittleHon for the most part.  Of course everything depends on condition and pictures are everything.  Also, I am assuming that everything listed in the top section are vinyls right?  Because if not, then some of those quoted prices will be off.  As for Live From The Jungle, it depends on what version it is.  Are there 6 or 5 songs listed on the back?  Is the OBI strip still with it?  Is it a promo?  What inserts come with it?  Also, and no offense here, try to make sure that these items are truly sealed and haven?t been resealed or placed in sleeves that have been sealed.  If you are going to list them on eBay, my advice is to first decide on what price you are willing to let the item go for.  Make that your start price.  Personally I really don?t see the value in starting lower and having a reserve ? you?re just gonna pay more fees.

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
littlehon
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 07:28:24 AM »

i was gathering the live from the jungle e.p was the standard 6 track , although i have 4 different versions of that e.p , i have the basic 6 track version , i have a 5 track version label and cover with apology letter, i have a 5 track promo label and cover with apology letter and i have a 6 track vinyl with 5 track cover all with obi !
hitmanhart408
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 10:51:03 AM »

are you selling these items? maybe I can make an offer on one or two of those items
_shaggy_
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 04:31:04 AM »

thanks littlehon, i really appreciate your thoughts.

i'm not really sure how i would go about verifying the authenticity of the sealed records to be honest with you. some of the records have tight seals and some of them are slightly looser. to answer your question troccoli, i think it's the 6 track version and it has the obi with it. loving your site by the way  ok

sorry hitman, i'm not looking to sell these anytime soon...
troccoli
VIP

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 11:04:54 AM »

thanks littlehon, i really appreciate your thoughts.

i'm not really sure how i would go about verifying the authenticity of the sealed records to be honest with you. some of the records have tight seals and some of them are slightly looser. to answer your question troccoli, i think it's the 6 track version and it has the obi with it. loving your site by the way  ok

sorry hitman, i'm not looking to sell these anytime soon...

Hey man.  Thanks for the compliments on my site.  Yeah I hear you, I'm not sure myself sometimes how to tell a legitimate seal from one that's not.  But for the 3" cds (either European or Japanese) it should be easy to tell.  Nice collection you got!

All I need is some clarity and someone to tell me WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!!!! GOD DAMN IT!!!!
_shaggy_
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 11:13:49 AM »

Your welcome. I love browsing through your site seeing all the great and unusual items you've picked up. It's even inspired me to do a similar site for RHCP, which is the main band I collect.

Back to the subject of sealed vinyl singles - I messaged a seller (who used to run several record stores) on ebay a while ago and he said that most records pre-2000 arrived in the US unsealed and were then sealed by the US distributor who wrapped them for shelving (due to piracy in the 90s sealed stuff was unwrapped by US customs).

So, what can you do eh? I'm not sure if they do that for general album releases but I guess at some point the record is 'handled' by someone. I guess being wrapped on arrival is better than nothing Huh

_shaggy_
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 11:32:27 AM »

on a side note - can anyone tell me why the SCOM picture disc is so expensive whenever it's on ebay (apart from the obvious reason that it looks bitchin')?
littlehon
Opening Act

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 11:49:10 AM »

it never used to be expensive , ive noticed that it goes for big bucks now especially with the stickered plastic sleeve ! saying that most vinyls/picture discs have gone right up in price the last year or so , i can remember buying things for ?10 and being readily available and now you can buy the same thing for under ?30 , great news if your tim with a massive collection !!
troccoli
VIP

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 09:21:34 AM »

Your welcome. I love browsing through your site seeing all the great and unusual items you've picked up. It's even inspired me to do a similar site for RHCP, which is the main band I collect.

Back to the subject of sealed vinyl singles - I messaged a seller (who used to run several record stores) on ebay a while ago and he said that most records pre-2000 arrived in the US unsealed and were then sealed by the US distributor who wrapped them for shelving (due to piracy in the 90s sealed stuff was unwrapped by US customs).

So, what can you do eh? I'm not sure if they do that for general album releases but I guess at some point the record is 'handled' by someone. I guess being wrapped on arrival is better than nothing Huh

Interesting info about records and sealing, thanks

on a side note - can anyone tell me why the SCOM picture disc is so expensive whenever it's on ebay (apart from the obvious reason that it looks bitchin')?

Did you see that another uncut one just sold for over $400!!!

it never used to be expensive , ive noticed that it goes for big bucks now especially with the stickered plastic sleeve ! saying that most vinyls/picture discs have gone right up in price the last year or so , i can remember buying things for ?10 and being readily available and now you can buy the same thing for under ?30 , great news if your tim with a massive collection !!

It definitely is great news.  The only problem is that all the stuff I do want to sell if back on the west coast.  Not to mention the fact that I'm really tempted to sell everything after Axl just shit all over the fans.

littlehon
Opening Act

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 12:00:46 PM »

it was mine that sold for ?260 tim  Grin
spookeend
Rocker

Love kills more than booze can make up for

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 12:38:01 PM »

With all this collection stuff, it's all about finding that one person who wants to pay for it.

Some stuff is so hard to put a price tag on, since they are only of real interest to the dedicated collector (as the ones here who reacted). As i noticed, you are not selling now, so, warming up the market?
_shaggy_
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 07:18:03 PM »

Not to mention the fact that I'm really tempted to sell everything after Axl just shit all over the fans.

I've only just read Axl's letter - a real shame in my opinion but hey ho. How much would take for it all? lol hihi

it was mine that sold for ?260 tim  Grin

Shocked Congrats - I take it you have another copy then? And if you don't mind me asking, did you make a profit on it compared to how much you paid for it?

With all this collection stuff, it's all about finding that one person who wants to pay for it.

Some stuff is so hard to put a price tag on, since they are only of real interest to the dedicated collector (as the ones here who reacted). As i noticed, you are not selling now, so, warming up the market?

No, well, not to anyone on this site. If you had seen my previous thread you would have noticed that I was selling off my collection. A guy offered me money for what I listed and he ended up taking nearly everything for what I deem a good price for both of us. What I didn't want to sell is what is listed above. I'm still in two minds as to whether to sell it, but this thread wasn't to advertise my stuff. I've spent too long with my feet dipped in the GNR collecting pool and I've got to the point where I can't afford to dive in so I'm pulling out. I have no idea about how much this stuff is worth apart from what I paid for it hence my thread. Who better to advise me than people like troccoli and littlehon?

One thing that sways me to selling is the fact that I have someone who is interested. I don't know whether I will get a chance like this again and I'm not sure if a sealed GNR single's value will ever increase.
troccoli
VIP

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 07:30:52 AM »

Not to mention the fact that I'm really tempted to sell everything after Axl just shit all over the fans.

I've only just read Axl's letter - a real shame in my opinion but hey ho. How much would take for it all? lol hihi

Ha ha ha.  I know right.  Trust me, if someone ever did offer the right price I would be tempted.  Because imagine the time and effort to go into listing everything individually on eBay - yikes!

No, well, not to anyone on this site. If you had seen my previous thread you would have noticed that I was selling off my collection. A guy offered me money for what I listed and he ended up taking nearly everything for what I deem a good price for both of us. What I didn't want to sell is what is listed above. I'm still in two minds as to whether to sell it, but this thread wasn't to advertise my stuff. I've spent too long with my feet dipped in the GNR collecting pool and I've got to the point where I can't afford to dive in so I'm pulling out. I have no idea about how much this stuff is worth apart from what I paid for it hence my thread. Who better to advise me than people like troccoli and littlehon?

One thing that sways me to selling is the fact that I have someone who is interested. I don't know whether I will get a chance like this again and I'm not sure if a sealed GNR single's value will ever increase.

I sure hope prices go up!  The RRHOF induction may help with that.  I am not trying to get into whether or not it should affect prices, just saying it might!

littlehon
Opening Act

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 11:48:19 AM »

yeah i do have another 2 copies of the uncut , the reason i listed it for such a high price was the amount of new collectors about paying stupid money for items , sometimes paying as much as 6 times what an item is worth , yeah i did make alot of money on it , i bought the 3 i had about 3/4 years ago for a fraction of what i sold it for  Grin
_shaggy_
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 03:08:41 PM »

beer sweet return on that uncut picture disc! I wish the RHCP market could give those kind of returns....

troccoli - if you don't mind me asking, how much do you reckon you've spent over the years? I don't even want to think about I've spent on RHCP.. nervous

if you started listing now I'd bet you'd have finished by the time we see another GNR record  hihi
wadey
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 04:02:12 PM »

yeah i do have another 2 copies of the uncut , the reason i listed it for such a high price was the amount of new collectors about paying stupid money for items , sometimes paying as much as 6 times what an item is worth , yeah i did make alot of money on it , i bought the 3 i had about 3/4 years ago for a fraction of what i sold it for  Grin

there are loads more new collectors in the GnR market, which is definatly a good thing if your offloading
i sold one of my PC Uncut (white version) a couple of months ago for ?120.... giving me a profit of ?117  rofl

i was actually watching your SCOM, not to buy though just lurking lol.....
i sold maybe 30 GnR items over the last few months and was quite suprised how well i did  ok

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
troccoli
VIP

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 04:14:33 PM »

beer sweet return on that uncut picture disc! I wish the RHCP market could give those kind of returns....

troccoli - if you don't mind me asking, how much do you reckon you've spent over the years? I don't even want to think about I've spent on RHCP.. nervous

if you started listing now I'd bet you'd have finished by the time we see another GNR record  hihi

yeah, good question.  I am trying to figure this out myself just to come up with a baseline of how much I should insure my collection for.  Do you have a link to your RHCP site?

littlehon
Opening Act

« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 04:28:52 PM »

there was actually over 10 people watching it , i listed it about a month before but someone put one in an auction and it made ?175 so i pulled it off when i saw the other one then relisted it , i knew it would sell , couple of massive spender out there at the moment , its getting a nightmare to buy stuff for a reasonable price , ive been after a spaghetti incident cast iron cd holder which is limited to 1000 , look how much this one went for http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200713527016    shocking !!!!  another one went for 250 euros but one did go in usa for ?22 but the seller did open the listing for uk bidders and had listed it poorly ! gutted
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: