Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:47:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227899 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  New Idea For Better Downloading Sales
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Idea For Better Downloading Sales  (Read 1558 times)
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« on: August 27, 2007, 09:58:59 PM »

The Foo Fighters are offering fans who (legally) download their new album Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace before the release date a chance to get concert tickets before the on-sale date. Dave Grohl?s gang has linked up with iTunes for the promotion, which will also include the immediate download of the band?s new single ?The Pretender? and a bonus track called ?Seda.? Those who preorder the album via Apple?s digital service will be given a password for Ticketmaster.com that would allow them to scoop up Foo tickets before the general public.

I think this is a great idea...They should do it for cd sales to

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 10:33:30 PM »

The Foo Fighters are offering fans who (legally) download their new album Echoes, Silence, Patience, and Grace before the release date a chance to get concert tickets before the on-sale date. Dave Grohl?s gang has linked up with iTunes for the promotion, which will also include the immediate download of the band?s new single ?The Pretender? and a bonus track called ?Seda.? Those who preorder the album via Apple?s digital service will be given a password for Ticketmaster.com that would allow them to scoop up Foo tickets before the general public.

I think this is a great idea...They should do it for cd sales to

Ryan Adams did this also.  Without the presale, the scalpers would have raped what little tickets there were because he plays smaller intimate venues.  His tickets are going for about $100 a piece at minimum on ebay so $32 plus $9.99 for the itunes download isn't that bad at all.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 06:21:06 AM »

btw, all you who illegally download off well known torrent sites, it actually does count, and does help the artist as record industries keep an eye on how many download a latest release album for more accurate workings out on how popular and artist is!

html sucks
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 04:38:02 PM »

They still don't make any money off of it, though.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: