Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 05:31:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227834 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Here's a thought!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Here's a thought!  (Read 6588 times)
0lorin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: December 11, 2004, 05:03:38 PM »

As all you guy's will know, you can estimate roughly what time period a guns song was recorded (appetite mainly, obviously other songs came about later) live performance's especially I mean, or studio recordings(demos too), judging by what Axl's singing voice sounds like.
The earlier the better in my opinion. You all know how raspy and hoarse he became during the illusion tours especially late 92-93, and how good he sounds in, for example ritz 88.

Well...

I happened to stumble across a Don't Cry demo from 1986 today.
While listening to it I suddenly realised who Axl sounded like in it - only Axl 2002 with his "new" "clean" "crisp" voice!!
He really does.
Here is my thought:

Don't you think that if CD ever sees the light of day and GN'R embark on a epic tour for a couple of years to conquer the world, mabye even releasing another album along the way ( ok), is it likely that axls voice might go the same way as it did before? Gradually getting raspier as tours go on, till it gets to the point where it sometimes just sounds, bad.

What do you guys think?
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 08:48:22 PM »

IndiannaRose has been saying that for a long time if I remember correctly
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 03:30:23 AM »

axls voice might go the same way as it did before? Gradually getting raspier as tours go on, till it gets to the point where it sometimes just sounds, bad.

What do you guys think?

yeah, thats exactly what i think, he's had all that time between the Illusion tour n' the 02 tour, his voice was clean n' ready to go, but after time i beleive he's gonna get more raspier like you said.

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
ChristineP
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 03:03:21 PM »

As all you guy's will know, you can estimate roughly what time period a guns song was recorded (appetite mainly, obviously other songs came about later) live performance's especially I mean, or studio recordings(demos too), judging by what Axl's singing voice sounds like.
The earlier the better in my opinion. You all know how raspy and hoarse he became during the illusion tours especially late 92-93, and how good he sounds in, for example ritz 88.

Well...

While listening to it I suddenly realised who Axl sounded like in it - only Axl 2002 with his "new" "clean" "crisp" voice!!
He really does.
Here is my thought:

Don't you think that if CD ever sees the light of day and GN'R embark on a epic tour for a couple of years to conquer the world, mabye even releasing another album along the way ( ok), is it likely that axls voice might go the same way as it did before? Gradually getting raspier as tours go on, till it gets to the point where it sometimes just sounds, bad.

What do you guys think?

How in the hell did you stumble on a demo of DON'T CRY from 1986?Huh?? CURIOUS?Huh?? I would love to hear that one!!!!!!!!!  Christmas is coming!!!  You can send it to me Cheesy
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2004, 03:41:21 PM »

The only 1986 recording of Don't cry I know is the Roxy performance on january 18

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2004, 05:28:04 PM »

I have a demo version of 'Don't Cry' that was released on the UK CD single. It is 1000 times better than the 2 album versions put together. It drips with so much emotion that I welled up the first time I heard it. yes

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2004, 05:51:37 PM »

axls voice might go the same way as it did before? Gradually getting raspier as tours go on, till it gets to the point where it sometimes just sounds, bad.

What do you guys think?

yeah, thats exactly what i think, he's had all that time between the Illusion tour n' the 02 tour, his voice was clean n' ready to go, but after time i beleive he's gonna get more raspier like you said.

Listen to 'The Blues' frmo MSG '02...'You know i tried so hard to make you....' Vintage Ax right there i'll tell ya... Also a couple other shows he did it to... Once the man does about 70 shows i think he'll be half and half with his voice...Thats if he can do that many shows with nothing happening though  Undecided
0lorin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2004, 12:01:06 PM »

Well...

He really does.
Here is my thought:

What do you guys think?

How in the hell did you stumble on a demo of DON'T CRY from 1986?Huh?? CURIOUS?Huh?? I would love to hear that one!!!!!!!!!? Christmas is coming!!!? You can send it to me Cheesy

Its even got some some little extras, Axl talking softly over slash's solo , " don't you cry, cause I'll be coming back home to you, its not too long, I'll be back - for you"

Kinda cheesy really, you can tell he's really young.

I've got 3 different demo's, one from 86, one from 87 or 88 and one from 90 or 91. I'm pretty sure there is another one kicking about my laptop.

Suddenly remembered that Don't Cry is the first song gnr wrote. I definently read this somewhere. I wonder if it was the first song that Axl, Izzy, Duff, Slash and Steven wrote together, I know there was different people kicking around in the early years.
Wonder if that 86 demo could be the first gnr song ever?!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2004, 12:09:52 PM »

Isn't that the demo version from the Don't Cry single?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2004, 12:17:38 PM »

IndiannaRose has been saying that for a long time if I remember correctly
He definetly has been talking for a long time about his voice and the clarity from the earlier years..  He did sound clearer and more high pitched since the return compared to the later days of the old gnr..

I think axl's pitch can be a little much, I personally like the rasp alot, it had that diorty gritty sound to it.. The type of sound you get from drinking n smoking.,.

I hope we have that kind of worry where axl tours so much that his voice gets the raspier sound to it.. Either way rasp or high piotched I just want something..
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2004, 12:40:26 PM »

Suddenly remembered that Don't Cry is the first song gnr wrote. I definently read this somewhere. I wonder if it was the first song that Axl, Izzy, Duff, Slash and Steven wrote together, I know there was different people kicking around in the early years.

Axl and Izzy wrote it in a hotel room.

Axl: It was the first song written for Guns N' Roses. Actually we weren't Guns N' Roses yet, but we were starting to become a reality, and Izzy and I wrote a song and we decided we needed to get back together
0lorin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2004, 01:27:28 PM »

Axl and Izzy wrote it in a hotel room.

Axl: It was the first song written for Guns N' Roses. Actually we weren't Guns N' Roses yet, but we were starting to become a reality, and Izzy and I wrote a song and we decided we needed to get back together

COOL! I wonder how old they were?
0lorin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2004, 01:45:18 PM »

Isn't that the demo version from the Don't Cry single?

/jarmo

No idea Boss, don't own it. Its pretty good sound quality though, could well be.

On a different note, nudge nudge, wink wink, there is another fabulous forum I recommend you all should join called:? thegunsonline.com
Its got all the gossip and rumours and non information you could hope for. Although some sections hem hem, might interest you more than others, wink wink
Although I wouldnt bother with a section called, Let The Music Play yes,
Nope, nothing of interest at all Wink

Oh and knowing a bit of italian is always a good thing.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 01:49:11 PM by 0lorin » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2004, 01:52:42 PM »

On a different note, nudge nudge, wink wink, there is another fabulous forum I recommend you all should join called:  thegunsonline.com
Its got all the gossip and rumours and non information you could hope for. Although some sections hem hem, might interest you more than others, wink wink
Although I wouldnt bother with a section called, Let The Music Play yes,
Nope, nothing of interest at all Wink

For relentless pimping of websites please visit the BUY Product section of the forum.

Wink

0lorin
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2004, 01:58:59 PM »

Oh silly me.
I'm new, so I'll take that as a slap on the wrist and learn from it.
 Grin
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2004, 02:43:49 PM »

There IS a 'dont cry' from 1986. I have a 45' record of demos from 1986. I dont have a record player so i havent heard it yet but my grandma is getting a record player for christmas so i will definitely listen to it and check it out. It has demos of dont cry, heartbreak hotel, back off bitch. If it sounds any different than the demo version that came out on the dont cry single, i'll let you guys know.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: