Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:01:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Realistically, Where is this ship sailing?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Realistically, Where is this ship sailing?  (Read 16699 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: October 27, 2005, 07:04:55 PM »

I am as big if not bigger Gnr fan than the next person. And Im sure everyone knows that. But where is this ship sailing? Is the writing on the wall? I mean cmon. If in fact this GH is what it is, what does that say about the situation. From a realistic point of view

It tells me that the album we all have been waiting for is nowhere in sight. FOr whatever reason. And NOTHING can change that. And we the people, the support group, the fans who have been here for quite some time can say or basically do nothing about that.

2005 has come and gone. 2006 is upon us. If the GH is released in March that basically means Cd wouldnt be released until the Fall of 06.And you know what will happen from there. SO that brings us to 2007.And if it gets to that point,? How much longer can we expect the members of this band to stick around? How long can we expect them to "want" to do this and be emotionnally into it? Yea we might one day down the road get to hear Cd. But for many here, is that the way you want it to be? In a non band way? More like a forced legal issue type deal in some boxed set in like 15 yrs? Dont you want this band backing their efforts?

But anyways, for me personally its not looking too good the way things are panning out. We can hope for this and that. And have all these theories but this GH thing is bullshit. The last 1 was bullshit. This is just some more slaps across the face.

I love Axl and I love this band. But I just wish he would step up and deliver the goods.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2005, 12:22:43 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 07:07:38 PM »

I start to panic. that's Not in my habbits concerning GN'R. But I have a bad feeling. It doesn't smell good at all for me.
Either the GH 2 is a cover-up for CD, a hoax strategy of communication, or it's the end and members will leave.

PS: I have a bad "feeling" about the Tommy-Soul Asylum connection. Just an intuition. I wouldn't be surprised if...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 07:11:43 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 07:28:31 PM »

Tommy said he was only doing the gig for a couple of shows, last I heard. the guy's gotta eat after all.

Can someone explain why GH2 could be an indicator of the band's imminent demise?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 07:39:39 PM »

Not sure about imminent, but if the record company release GH2 then its because CD is nowhere in sight. I agree with another member who said it would be lunacy for a company to rehash old stuff if they had fresh, new material ready to go.

If CD is nowhere in sight, do you really think the band members will continue to associate themselves with Axl much longer?

Here today...ready to rock
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 07:42:33 PM »

Can someone explain why GH2 could be an indicator of the band's imminent demise?

Because if the label thought there was any prayer of CD being released within the next 6 months they wouldn't be releasing another greatest hits album.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 07:44:29 PM »

If CD is nowhere in sight, do you really think the band members will continue to associate themselves with Axl much longer?

As long as they are on the payroll, why would they officially leave the band? Only job in America you collect a monthly check to work on other people's projects or sit on your ass. Which ever you choose to do. Being in the band requires no committment, and they can keep getting paid. Tell me where any of them could find a better situation.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 07:45:40 PM »

How ironic is it that we get the OLD songs over and over again, first Live Era and then two Greatest Hits packages Tongue Certainly doesn't look good, but then again I've been realistic about this process the whole time anyway; there's nothing I can do to affect what is being published, so all I can do is observe. I certainly don't expect CD to come out any time soon, but if it does, I'll be pleasantly surprised Smiley

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 07:49:19 PM »

I've considered Axl a pilot without a destination for quite some time, that description remains....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 07:49:30 PM »

No offense guys, but when was the last good news? Or even the last update concerning the album? I am a huge fan as much as any of you, but I'm realistic too. To me nothing has been going since Dec. 5, 2002. Almost 3 years ago. That may have been (very) different if they showed up for RIR4 - Buckethead or not. I just keep my fingers crossed that 2006 will be the year.

Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 07:55:31 PM »

I've considered Axl a pilot without a destination for quite some time, that description remains....

It certainly seems that way.  But, just because we can't see the destination, doesn't mean that there isn't one in Axl's mind.  He may be taking an extremely long, maybe ludicrously convoluted, path to get there, but I believe that he knows what he wants.  He just doesn't care for any other schedule besides his own.

Ali
Evolution
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 08:08:18 PM »

All im gonna say is this. It's very weird for a band with approx. 50 recorded songs to have around 30 of them on Greatest Hits compilations.

I take this to mean: A) Guns is pretty much done
                                B) CD is disguise
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 09:42:37 PM »

I am as big if not bigger Gnr fan than the next person. And Im sure everyone knows that. But where is this ship sailing? Is the writing on the wall? I mean cmon. If in fact this GH is what it is, what does that say about the situation. From a realistic point of view

It tells me that the album we all have been waiting for is nowhere in site. FOr whatever reason. And NOTHING can change that. And we the people, the support group, the fans who have been here for quite some time can say or basically do nothing about that.

2005 has come and gone. 2006 is upon us. If the GH is released in March that basically means Cd wouldnt be released until the Fall of 06.And you know what will happen from there. SO that brings us to 2007.And if it gets to that point,  How much longer can we expect the members of this band to stick around? How long can we expect them to "want" to do this and be emotionnally into it? Yea we might one day down the road get to hear Cd. But for many here, is that the way you want it to be? In a non band way? More like a forced legal issue type deal in some boxed set in like 15 yrs? Dont you want this band backing their efforts?

But anyways, for me personally its not looking too good the way things are panning out. We can hope for this and that. And have all these theories but this GH thing is bullshit. The last 1 was bullshit. This is just some more slaps across the face.

I love Axl and I love this band. But I just wish he would step up and deliver the goods.

Younggunner, by no means is this an "I told you so" post, but it seems to me that you are starting to feel the way some of us 'negative posters' do.  It is almost a feeling of hopelessness.  Although you do not know what is going on, you just know that something is not right. 

Our posts are not 'Axl bashing posts' (at least mine anyways), but rather they all question what he is doing.  We all share your concerns about the band members leaving.  This is one of the main reasons why I want Axl to move forward as quickly as he can.  They will leave if nothing is produced.  I know a lot of people here say 'oh Axl will release when he is ready to release it, live your life', well guess what?  If Axl does take his time, there is a greater possibility of people leaving the band and the whole thing will fall apart. 

As far as the GH being a slap in the face, I am assuming you mean by the record company.  If that is the case, think about it through their point of view.  They have invested millions.  The first GH sold better than they expected.  I think this is the only fair way to push Axl to release the album while they earn on some of their 'investment'.  I can't think of any other way at this point to do it. 

So welcome to how 'we' feel buddy.  It is alright to question what he is doing right now, because it is looking grim at this point. 
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 10:18:40 PM »

Once the ship actually sets sail t's going all the way round the world , a couple times atleast! It wont be a fucking titanic next time , unlike the 2002 tour. Thats my predicition.  ok

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 10:20:42 PM »

I'm pretty much over it. I hope it comes out but my realistic expectations aren't really high at this point.

3 years with no word on whats going on can do that.

Kinda sad since Axl is one of the few artists left with immense talent who could realisticly have a great comeback & revitalize the music scene.

The ship has no rudder and is drifting aimlessly in uncharted waters.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2005, 10:24:51 PM »

In my opinion , the ship is still in the shipyard , being built. It hasnt set sail yet. But the grand voyage will be just that , grand!

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2005, 10:38:57 PM »

Maybe Axl is waiting for Democracy to actually happen in China before releasing the album.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Deez Nuts
Rocker

Village Gorilla Neck

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2005, 10:43:08 PM »

This latest thing about GH2 is starting to feel like the straw that broke the camel's back for me. ?I've been fairly positive over the years but I think younggunner really hit home about releasing CD with a band behind it. ?I want an opportunity to see the band again with them playing CD. ?So many times we say "all i care about is getting my hands on CD" when in all reality if we got that and the band was officially done, it wouldn't have as much satisfaction. ?

I was just thinking today what a messy situation GNR is right now, I mean they always are but there's just so many negative things going on right now. ?Lawsuits, record companies, bassist playing in one band, guitarist playing in another, no observation of Axl since December 5th, 2002, no written material since late March of 2004, Chris Pittman trying to find an extension chord so he can be plugged in next tour, etc.

My opinion:
* this is another greatest hits, no original material
* it will come out on said dates either in dec or mar
* axl will have between March 2006 til September 2006 to announce release date of CD
* if not we will be in this same position next year with release of Live Era 2 due Nov. 21st, (it's a Tuesday if anyone wants to check)
* if GH2 comes out in Dec., there's a chance for CD in '06, if it comes out in March, hello 2007

Fargo  Nov 15, 2002
NY       May 15, 2006
NY       May 17, 2006
Ames   Dec 1,   2006
Mpls     Dec 2,   2006
Sturgis Aug 13, 2010
Fargo Aug 11, 2021
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 12:53:37 AM »

I was as optimistic as anyone else during 1998-2002. When Axl re-surfaced and lo and behold had such a kickass band behind him, I was ecstatic in an "I told you so" sort of way to the "non-believers". Most of us were.

Something happened in December 2002 and this ship lost its compass. It has been floating aimlessly ever since. I was still relatively hopefully in 2003 but come on, a year goes by and not one word? That is just plain weird.

Other things happened, of course. Buckethead left. Other members assured us the ship was still "on course".

However, IMO, the FIRST GH album was the straw. There is absolutely no way in hell they would've released this against Axl's wishes if there was a brilliant Chinese Democracy anywhere on the horizon. Axl released a letter that seemed to indicate ... something.

Not a single goddamn thing has happened since then that we know of. It will soon be THREE YEARS since Philadelphia.

This rumour just makes things look even more ridiculous. I just don't see any reason for optimism right now. I hope I'm wrong.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 01:08:56 AM »

As long as they are on the payroll, why would they officially leave the band? Only job in America you collect a monthly check to work on other people's projects or sit on your ass. Which ever you choose to do. Being in the band requires no committment, and they can keep getting paid. Tell me where any of them could find a better situation.

If I were a serious musician and serious about my music, I wouldn't just sit on my ass & work on other people's projects and collect a paycheck.  For me, this wouldn't be a good situation, at all.  I'd want to make music, record an album that would be released, and tour.  It's not all about money, all the time.  People have come and gone from this band, and I think there's a certain amount of frustration that nothing's going anywhere.  Yeah, it would be a great gig to be in GnR with Axl Rose, but after so long with nothing happening, I'd want to get out there and make something happen on my own. 

I'm pretty much over it. I hope it comes out but my realistic expectations aren't really high at this point.

3 years with no word on whats going on can do that.

Kinda sad since Axl is one of the few artists left with immense talent who could realisticly have a great comeback & revitalize the music scene.

I agree.  I think Axl has immense talent and could have made a great comeback.  He is a musical genious.  But, yeah, this ship is drifiting aimlessly.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 01:38:54 AM »

Maybe Axl never intended on releasing CD. THINK ABOUT IT why would the rest of the band be out doing there own projects? wouldn't a band thats pos to being droping this huge CD thing be rehursing? I mean I don't see shit happening. I've become alittle pissed off myself and if that how Axl and the band want people to feel there doing a great job!  no Angry rant

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: