Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:40:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Realistically, Where is this ship sailing?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Realistically, Where is this ship sailing?  (Read 16700 times)
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 01:52:14 AM »

A band that plays together stays together, this band isn't realistily together at all. Who the fuck said CD was finished? And that it was being mixed, Oh thats a bunch of shit! If I was at Dizzy's show there would some shit happening!  vaction! That's it drool

A Lesson Learned is Life at its Best
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 03:05:03 AM »

Maybe Axl never intended on releasing CD. THINK ABOUT IT why would the rest of the band be out doing there own projects? wouldn't a band thats pos to being droping this huge CD thing be rehursing? I mean I don't see shit happening. I've become alittle pissed off myself and if that how Axl and the band want people to feel there doing a great job!? no Angry rant

Yeah, they would have surely spent those millions to the album, if that had been the plan!  no

Axl is crazy. No doubt. He has no direction. He has amazing ideas and then changes his mind, new concept, new great ideas, another lunatic period, scraps everything, new ideas... We don't know if the players still get paid since the record company stopped funding the project. I can hardly imagine someone who has some talent to sit on his ass for years just because he gets a lot of money, but in case there is no money for them and no album, no tour, then they'll leave. Right, except of Dizzy, but someone has to be there with Axl when he'll be 80 and find the ultimate direction of the band.

If the GH2 news are legit then I feel it's over. When the 2002 tour turned out to be a disaster I knew it'd be hard to come back. When BH left, I felt there'd be no more Nu-Guns N' Roses. With GH2 I'm afraid players will leave and what's even worse, the record company will sue or - if they really gave up on him - fire Axl. (It could be good if the company takes the rights and releases the material, but as I 'know' Axl, he'd rather die and kill everything they've recorded.)

It's unbelieavable that he's still interested in this project or even in music. He had been working on it for years and I think he just stopped. He had enough. It's only a theory but in the last 2 years I felt that the band members' 'bullshit' that CD'll come out and it'll be amazing was more of a support of Axl and a try to encourage him to come back to this world, fuckin' finish the album and release it than an info to the fans. Like Merck's '2005 will be the year of Guns N' Roses' promise... I doubt he meant GH2... He wanted Axl to come out of his cave and be the one he has to be: THE rockstar.

Such a shame that someone with such an brilliant talent ruins his career and limits himself to this 'mystic and lunatic genius' person who is unable to finish anything (but the shows and tours...).

I know I'll be bashed but in my hopes there is still a GN'R reunion. But I wake up and realize that with Axl nothing can be done and we won't have the magic again.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
badapple81
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2005, 03:41:09 AM »

It doesn't look too good. I'm trying to remain as positive and hopeful as I can.

I take Mysteron's "it's talk and no action" comment as the record company are just leaking information about a possible GH release to force Axl's hand, without actual intention to do so? I haven't heard of any objection from Axl's team or on behalf of Slash or Duff. All very weird.

We haven't heard anything for quite some time  nervous
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 05:41:49 AM »

Dec. 5, 2002. Wink

Oh wait, there was that press release last year that said Buckethead left the band and the band cancelled RIR4.

badapple81
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 05:48:29 AM »

It's funny, I read threads all the time complaining about lack of updates, and I kinda ignore them.. but now I wish Axl would just give us something small.. like "hang in there guys, it's on the way".. just to silence those who think it's all finished.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2005, 05:51:43 AM »

He did say last year he was hopeful it would come out within months. Things don't always go as planned. I personally would be extremely happy if the new album comes out (probably one of the best days in my life) but if it doesn't, I'll always be a GN'R fan anyway. I've been one for 14 years, and it's not gonna change anytime soon!

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2005, 07:45:17 AM »

Things look bad, even by GNR standards - a second GH shows desperation, they wouldn't do that if CD was on the horizon

Quick! To the bandwagon!
madagas
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2005, 08:13:36 AM »

My shipped sailed in mid 2003. Falcon, I think Axl has plans-as evidenced by his three album rant in London and previous interviews. However, he just can't execute the plan. At least not in a normal timeframe. Here's to 2008-2009-2010! The three album three year opus will be released! Ahhh, fuck it, in reality, we will be lucky to get anything from him ever again. Undecided
dub05
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2005, 08:36:23 AM »

WHEN ALL I'VE GOT IS PRECIOUS TIME.

THEY ARE THE WORDS MR ROSE SANG ON HIS FAREWELL TOUR 02.

THERE WILL BE SOME SORT OF RELEASE WITHIN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS ..GREATEST HITS ETC.

LE JEU SONT FAIT.

THANKS GNR FOR SLANE .

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2005, 09:06:54 AM »

And the Source is? dub05.

2005 has come and gone. 2006 is upon us. If the GH is released in March that basically means Cd wouldnt be released until the Fall of 06. And you know what will happen from there. SO that brings us to 2007. And if it gets to that point,  How much longer can we expect the members of this band to stick around? How long can we expect them to "want" to do this and be emotionnally into it? Yea we might one day down the road get to hear Cd. But for many here, is that the way you want it to be? In a non band way? More like a forced legal issue type deal in some boxed set in like 15 yrs? Dont you want this band backing their efforts?

No way in the hell!
I want to see the band together. Angry

the last round Angry        GH              CD Cry    contraband       Hollywood rose
next round                  GH2(?) /      CD ( Cheesy?)        contraband2     rapid fire(?)             

Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you, mate.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2005, 09:29:44 AM »

I am as big if not bigger Gnr fan than the next person. And Im sure everyone knows that. But where is this ship sailing? Is the writing on the wall? I mean cmon. If in fact this GH is what it is, what does that say about the situation. From a realistic point of view

It tells me that the album we all have been waiting for is nowhere in site. FOr whatever reason. And NOTHING can change that. And we the people, the support group, the fans who have been here for quite some time can say or basically do nothing about that.

2005 has come and gone. 2006 is upon us. If the GH is released in March that basically means Cd wouldnt be released until the Fall of 06.And you know what will happen from there. SO that brings us to 2007.And if it gets to that point,? How much longer can we expect the members of this band to stick around? How long can we expect them to "want" to do this and be emotionnally into it? Yea we might one day down the road get to hear Cd. But for many here, is that the way you want it to be? In a non band way? More like a forced legal issue type deal in some boxed set in like 15 yrs? Dont you want this band backing their efforts?

But anyways, for me personally its not looking too good the way things are panning out. We can hope for this and that. And have all these theories but this GH thing is bullshit. The last 1 was bullshit. This is just some more slaps across the face.

I love Axl and I love this band. But I just wish he would step up and deliver the goods.

Whatwas the reasoning behind releasing GH last year? Did we ever find out? Axl wasn't done recording or something? If that's the case then maybe buckethead's stuff is being redone now  Cry

You're right Younggunner, Something smells like shit around this whole story. And i don't like it. I truely do hope the GH2 moniker is a cover but. we sailed this ship in 2004. GH actually did come out.  Sad

But.... you know what? If CD doesn't ever come out, it's not like we're missing anything. You can't miss something you've never had. ( hihi that sounds like the lyrics to  a cheesy Def Leppard song or something nervous ) All we can do is remain loyal and hope that someday CD is released. either that or forget about it and move on to other things

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2005, 09:39:51 AM »

I think old troubledsome himself is watching and reading laughing at our crazy posts, saying to himself "Wow look what I can do, all my fans are mind fucked, even my band mates, now they know what its like to be me, oh well fuck'em" I'm gonna say this motherfucker has something up his sleeve. If were talking about where this ship is realistically sailing, I have to say I have no fucking idea, its be come a Pirate ship to the fans. Take from the fans, and give more money to Axl so he can pay the band to stick around alittle longer. Axl will get paid if they drop GH2 ($$$ royalitys$$$)
  A FUCKIN SHIPWRECK Angry no

Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2005, 09:49:41 AM »

I will sail along on this PIRATE SHIP with Old Captain Axl   rrrrr Mate Grin 

vinnylyons
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2005, 11:48:45 AM »

THERE WILL BE SOME SORT OF RELEASE WITHIN THE NEXT 6 MONTHS ..GREATEST HITS ETC.

LE JEU SONT FAIT.

THANKS GNR FOR SLANE .

you were right a couple of times dub 05 could this be the third time do you still claim to have house of blues dvd i'll believe you when you send be that clip you promised

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2005, 11:52:46 AM »

LE JEU SONT FAIT.

THANKS GNR FOR SLANE .

you were right a couple of times dub 05 could this be the third time do you still claim to have house of blues dvd i'll believe you when you send be that clip you promised

Huh? did I miss something? Huh

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2005, 11:53:32 AM »

I think this ship has merely been coasting in unchartered waters since December 2002. I really have to say an announcement, or even the album's release felt a hell of alot closer to realization than it does now. But isnt that the cycle we've all endured? It comes so close but drifts away so far. I dont see this terminology used for Axl very often, but thinking back to my highschool days when we studied tragic heroes in English class, Axl continues tp fit the mold perfectly. If I remember, a tragic hero is a unique human being who has the intelligence and gifts to achieve and rise to greatness, but unfortunately his tragic flaw leads to his downfall. Im sure everyone has their own interpretation for Axl's tragic flaw, but to me its that his music aspirations and goals far exceed his boundaries and capabilities to the point where the timetable of this project grows day by day, yet Axl contunues to persue that masterpiece material that collects in the back of his mind, no matter how hard it will be to not just write but complete in its entirety.

If this GH2 bullshit is for real than I really wonder what the new bandmembers think about this. Like imagine the casual fan going to Tommy and being like "who do you play with?" "Right now Im in GNR." "Reeeeeaaally?? I loved the GH vol 1 and 2." Thats certainly a jagged little pill to swallow. I dont think the new bandmembers hold a grudge to the popularity of old GnR but they truly want to distance themselves from the legacy and create from the ground up their own personal legacy. Whether members will leave as a result of this album remains to be seen, as does if CD is no where in sight, will someone leave aswelll?

For now, lets just hope there isnt a mutiny of Captain Axl on his very much flawed ship Cheesy

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2005, 02:33:59 PM »

Oh shit that was good! Your right about the New Guys in the band, for the record company to put out GH2 is like kicking those guys in the balls.  Axl's just sitting there letting the record company beat the shit out of his boys, thats fucked up. Axl if you need help let us fans know what we need to do.   

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2005, 02:39:29 PM »

Axl if you need help let us fans know what we need to do.? ?

Like what?

Another "boycot Greatest Hits (2)" thread/petition...

Roll Eyes

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Luigi
VIP

You Never Know

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2005, 02:44:34 PM »

I wouldn't know! maybe email address or phone no. raido stations etc.. we gotta be creative..

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2005, 04:15:16 PM »

Axl if you need help let us fans know what we need to do.? ?

Like what?

Another "boycot Greatest Hits (2)" thread/petition...

Roll Eyes

Fuck no, not another petition. But dirt, if us the fans as one presented a huge disatisfaction with GH2 out made a spectacle online, or in the real world about this album, it really could speak to Geffen who are behind all of this. All it could take is a united front that says in no certain terms: "Geffen this album is a fucking shame, if you think we've been waiting all these years to be bitchslapped yet again by your greed your fucking dead wrong. The only way any of us will buy your shitty GH album is if we need drink coasters. Give us CD or give us nothing"........well maybe not nothing...a live DVD in 5.1 is what im hoping for in the meantime.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: