Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 01:41:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Lisa Reed comments...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lisa Reed comments...  (Read 22246 times)
Karma_Police
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2006, 02:42:35 AM »

Boo Hoo. Leaks are a fact of life these days. If people sharing and listening to leaked material is gonna piss the band/Axl off then they're just too damn naive about it. If Axl would communicate more and give us a real reason to be patient maybe fans wouldn't go ape shit over a leaked song. It's their fault as much s it is our's.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2006, 02:42:59 AM »

Personally, why the hell are demos gonna piss them off??? ?I'd give my left fuckin nut for CD! ?Okay, that's an exaggeration, but you get the point. ?Hell, I would have paid $10 or $20 for the 1:20 clip. ?Honestly, I don't think Mrs. Reed understands how badly the Guns community wants to hear this album. ?

I liken it to the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark. ?You know, the scene where the ark is opened, and Indy and Marion are smart enough to close their eyes. ?Well I aint closing my ears!!! ?I'll gladly be destroyed by angels of death...as long as I can hear this fucking album! ? ok

Also, to Acquiesce about "crossing the line," yeah, how dare these fans want to share awesome music with the world. ?God damn, if it were the final tracks going onto CD, I'd understand the concern. ?Personally, the positives outweigh the negatives here...BIG-TIME!!!

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2006, 02:49:27 AM »

=
Also, to Acquiesce about "crossing the line," yeah, how dare these fans want to share awesome music with the world. ?God damn, if it were the final tracks going onto CD, I'd understand the concern. ?Personally, the positives outweigh the negatives here...BIG-TIME!!!

As a fan, I have no problem with fans sharing the music with each other, but I don't think it's right for the fans to feel its their place to debut these songs in a public manner. It's not our work.

Sending demos out to the radio can have a negative impact. The average joe may hear these demos and write off the new GNR without hearing the final product.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2006, 02:49:45 AM »

The reaction from Lisa and management may have been a bit different if some fans didn't start sending these tracks to various radio stations. I know those people meant well, but I think they crossed the line. It's no longer about a bunch of curious fans who just want to hear new songs by their favorite band. People took it upon theirselves to spread these tracks to various radio stations in the US and elsewhere when these songs clearly were not meant to be played on the radio. I don't blame them for being upset.

But isn't it ultimately the duty of the radio stations to know what they are able to play, and what they're not?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2006, 02:51:22 AM »

The Dirt, as usual, is on the ball here.  Rock on you crazy penguin, damn I need a drink!   beer

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2006, 03:01:01 AM »

The reaction from Lisa and management may have been a bit different if some fans didn't start sending these tracks to various radio stations. I know those people meant well, but I think they crossed the line. It's no longer about a bunch of curious fans who just want to hear new songs by their favorite band. People took it upon theirselves to spread these tracks to various radio stations in the US and elsewhere when these songs clearly were not meant to be played on the radio. I don't blame them for being upset.

But isn't it ultimately the duty of the radio stations to know what they are able to play, and what they're not?

The radio stations can get away with playing a song without legal repercussions as long as they stop when they are asked.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2006, 03:04:27 AM »

yeah I feel no sympathy whatsoever.  Fans have gone through cancelled shows, riots, and false statements.  Like others have mentioned, its one thing if we ever had a timeline.  Or if we had constant updates on the problems that have delayed Chinese Democracy for this long.  As far as I am concerned, this is the only shot I have at hearing the album because I still believe it will never be released. 
Elrothiel
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2006, 03:11:40 AM »

Oh look, a non-believer! How ORIGINAL!  Roll Eyes
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 03:20:34 AM »

The radio stations can get away with playing a song without legal repercussions as long as they stop when they are asked.

Are you sure? There isn't a common sense standard that applies itself in a situation such as this?

As far as I am concerned, this is the only shot I have at hearing the album because I still believe it will never be released.

Yeah. I'll take what I can get due to the possibility that nothing comes out. I hope it does though. ok

The Dirt, as usual, is on the ball here. Rock on you crazy penguin, damn I need a drink! beer

Oh, I'm rockin'!

peace

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 03:21:28 AM »

Oh look, a non-believer! How ORIGINAL!  Roll Eyes

oh look, a worshipper of Axl!  How ORIGINAL!  Roll Eyes
jameslofton29
What, me negative?
Legend

« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2006, 03:32:58 AM »

i dont want anymore leaks....i want to hear this album in full studio quality in my room. I wanna be surprised and not know whats coming on this album...so i hope that there arent anymore leaks and that there really is an announcement soon
If you dont want to hear any leaks, then dont download it the next time one happens. Simple as that. God isn't forcing you to download anything.

SLC, that was a GREAT post. I couldn't agree with you more.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2006, 03:47:31 AM »

SLC, that was a GREAT post. I couldn't agree with you more.

Thank you.

Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2006, 03:58:49 AM »

I look forward to more leaks. If this upsets Axl, oh well......

Well, years and years waiting for an album also upset us!

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2006, 04:16:46 AM »

I desagree with Lisa. I've been waiting for 12 years. It's HARD to wait so much. Enough is enough. Nothing is stronger than the Internet, and once the stuff is leaked, you can't stop the buzz machine and it's fine like that. Axl doesn't like that? I don't care. Does he think I like to wait for so long? He doesn't care. We all see our own interest, that's how it works.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 04:19:40 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2006, 04:17:25 AM »

Why not just have some bit of news? Or even a website? Or just a reason for why things are the way we are. The sharks are hungry Axl and the dolphins can't swim fast enough!
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2006, 04:30:19 AM »

yeah well, we're not married to lisa, and we want to hear gn'r. 14 years is a lot of time, and if there's something gn'r fans are, that's patient. and there wouldn't be any leaks if they wouldn't fail to deliever year after year.
thank god for the leaks, it gave us all new hope.

Chinese Democracy!
elevendayempire
Rocker

...Now I know you better...

« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2006, 04:58:37 AM »

I think this is the problem when you hear a lot of musicians or people in the industry spouting off about how leaks are Terrible Things; they're in the industry. Brian May, or Courtney Love or Slash or whoever... if they want to hear a new song by a band, all they have to do is ring up their mate and say, "Hey, could you chuck us over a demo CD?" They just don't understand what it's like to have no information whatsoever for over a decade...

SG
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2006, 05:20:25 AM »

i dont want anymore leaks....i want to hear this album in full studio quality in my room. I wanna be surprised and not know whats coming on this album...so i hope that there arent anymore leaks and that there really is an announcement soon

You said you don't want them to play new songs during a possible(?) pre-CD tour since you want to wait for the final product. And you were the first to download Better and the high quality I.R.S.  confused

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2006, 05:25:23 AM »

At Splat, we are/have been aware that an announcement is due in the next couple of weeks so we urge anyone who is thinking of leakng any more material to at least give GN'R a few weeks to respond in a positive manner before releasing any more material.

Hey, nobody has commented on the really juicy info in this Splat release: they have heard that an official announcement is forthcoming! Now I know many people have speculated this may happen, but this is a rather BOLD statement for them to make that seems to indicate they know something. I sure hope they are right!

As for Lisa Reed's comments, I can't even be bothered to comment on something so ridiculous as telling GNR fans they need to be patient.

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
suicide
VIP

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2006, 05:30:41 AM »

Why don't we get a statement from someone who is actually in the band??? Why do we have to hear these comments from a member's wife or from the management??? Why is it soo fuckin' hard for Axl, Dizzy or even one of the new guys to tell their fans what the fuck is going on??? Why do we have to cope with the lies and bullshit that has been spread for many many years??? Why do we even have to believe Chinese Democracy will be out soon, if even this year???
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: