Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 11:13:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  I got some news for you....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I got some news for you....  (Read 28500 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2006, 08:54:19 PM »

The first single should be the best rocker on the album. The first single will have to sell the album, it needs to be a killer song.

Agreed.  Again, my vote is "Better."   Then again, here's hoping the album features a good group of songs that we haven't heard at all yet...
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2006, 08:56:40 PM »

The first single should be the best rocker on the album. The first single will have to sell the album, it needs to be a killer song.

Agreed.? Again, my vote is "Better."? ?Then again, here's hoping the album features a good group of songs that we haven't heard at all yet...

Better as a "killer" song?  nervous

From the ones I've heard, my vote is for TWAT, but who knows? People keep saying The General is the big gun, so that could be it.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2006, 08:59:13 PM »

The problem with TWAT is that it's not the most radio friendly.  It's too long and the solo's take up too large a portion.  I think Better is the best choice of what we've heard but it all depends on what else they have.

They need to have a short, catchy, radio friendly song that sticks out from the first notes, which Better does.  Once they've reestablished themselves and gained some credibility they can start to release stuff that doesn't fit the perfect 'single' genre.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2006, 09:00:20 PM »

The problem with TWAT is that it's not the most radio friendly.? It's too long and the solo's take up too large a portion.? I think Better is the best choice of what we've heard but it all depends on what else they have.

They need to have a short, catchy, radio friendly song that sticks out from the first notes, which Better does.? Once they've reestablished themselves and gained some credibility they can start to release stuff that doesn't fit the perfect 'single' genre.

Well, maybe IRS then... whichever, I just hope it isn't Better.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2006, 09:04:41 PM »

Agreed.? Again, my vote is "Better."? ?Then again, here's hoping the album features a good group of songs that we haven't heard at all yet...

Better as a "killer" song?? nervous

From the ones I've heard, my vote is for TWAT, but who knows? People keep saying The General is the big gun, so that could be it.

In terms of a single, "killer" = catchy, memorable, and representative of the band's sound.  I'm not saying it should be the best track off the album per se, but from the demos so far, "Better" seems to fit the bill (in a purely subjective, opinion-filled way, of course!).  Hell, I don't really care what it is, as long as there is a single released and an album that soon follows...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2006, 09:05:46 PM »

Playing Better at school, yeah, the response was great...That should be the first single, unless there is something we don't know about.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2006, 09:08:06 PM »

The problem with TWAT is that it's not the most radio friendly.? It's too long and the solo's take up too large a portion.? I think Better is the best choice of what we've heard but it all depends on what else they have.

They need to have a short, catchy, radio friendly song that sticks out from the first notes, which Better does.? Once they've reestablished themselves and gained some credibility they can start to release stuff that doesn't fit the perfect 'single' genre.

Well, maybe IRS then... whichever, I just hope it isn't Better.

Why not?
Everyone I've showed it to, no matter what music they like, has loved it.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2006, 09:09:16 PM »

Yeah even the casual, not so casual GN'R fans like 'Better'. I played it for a girl at my school, and she's not really a big GN'R fan. She said she like 'Better' better than GN'R's old music. The next day she came in and told me that she downloaded all GN'R's new songs. Every person I played the new songs for agrees that 'Better' is the best. Thats not to say that there is anything better that will be on Chinese Democracy. But we can only go on what we've heard, so I say 'Better' from what we've heard. It catches both die-hard and new up and coming fans.

Sorry for so many uses of the word better.  hihi
destroier
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2006, 09:58:26 PM »

Whether you like "Better" or not, it's the most radio friendly song yet. IRS got lukewarm reception at best. The casual fan isn't going to want to sit through a long ballad like TWAT or Madagascar, or even The Blues. They need something fast, that stands out from the beginning, and changes tempo. "Better" does that while the intro to IRS can best be described as boring.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #49 on: April 15, 2006, 02:56:51 AM »

why do so some people still mention 'the blues' or 'madagascar'? axl said in 2002, that those tracks aren't considered as singles. although plans can change i don't think that it'S the case with those tracks.

from what we've heard ebtter would be an awesome single, but i guess it will be prostitute. if it's considered as the strongest track, then it's the best choice as a single/comeback-track.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2006, 06:06:39 AM »

She said that mgmt told her that the first single of this new era will be released 4-6 weeks from now to go with their launch.....she also said they werent gonna announce these warmups till Monday but MGmt gave all stations and the venue ok to do it today...

thanks for that and good luck to all yoiu guys trying to get tix

4- 6 weeks until a new single? wow, cant friggen wait to hear a finalised, brand new polished song drool

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2006, 06:13:29 AM »

If we're going purely on what we've heard, I think CD or IRS are the ones to choose from.

Better is a good song, a bit too heavy to recapture the Guns audience I think

It must be a rocker with real straight ahead impact, nothing to complex - definitley catchy and melodic

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
heinous
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2006, 06:33:55 AM »

I personally think the first single will be something we haven't heard yet....
tamatt27
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2006, 11:14:34 AM »

Ok, so I was talking to the dj of a radio station here in NJ. And trust me when I tell you this...shes straight foward and truthful..plus she knows Im a diehard gnr fan.....

so anyways here it goes....

Axl has been in the city for a number of reasons..One is obivious.....The other is that he was getting either the first single and or the album mastered.I think she said the first single....

She said that mgmt told her that the first single of this new era will be released 4-6 weeks from now to go with their launch.....she also said they werent gonna announce these warmups till Monday but MGmt gave all stations and the venue ok to do it today...

and btw...I will be trying to get as many tix as I can. SO if any1 doesnt get lucky and wants to go hopefully I can hook my loyal friends up..{haters or no haters}...{mike? Smiley}...

and hopefully some1 here can hook me up if i dont get lucky......

im gonan be right in front of axl fukin rose...ALL I HAVE TO SAY TO ANY1....IS WOW AND FUK U FOR HATING LOL...

SEE EVERY1 ON LINE IN A FEW WEEKS!
Fuck yeah!  I'm gonna definatly try my damndest to get tickets, but if not, can ya hook a brutha' up?  This shit is gonna be awesome! Shocked Cool Cool
JB9988
VIP

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2006, 11:27:08 AM »

i want maddy to be the single ifucking love that song. Its playing in itunes right now.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2006, 10:55:18 PM »

I personally think the first single will be something we haven't heard yet....

Exactly...

Gn'R's first commercial hit single in nearly 10 years isn't going to be one with a demo or bootleg already existing.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2006, 10:59:09 PM »

I think it will be Prostitute. Supposedly it is one of the seminal songs on the album, it has a great title, and supposedly has a mix of hard and soft melodies.

Fire that one up Axl.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2006, 11:25:50 PM »

I think it will be Prostitute. Supposedly it is one of the seminal songs on the album, it has a great title, and supposedly has a mix of hard and soft melodies.

Fire that one up Axl.

Agreed. Its a mixture of fire and ice, from what Buckmaster says...or was it Beltrami....can't quite remember  Huh
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 11:28:21 PM by ChineseIRS » Logged
Krispy Kreme
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2006, 11:54:09 PM »

Did anyone notice  that the original post stated (from a dj) that either a single  or the album  is being mastered, not sure which? Why not sure? Was the person speaking English? What is up with that?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2006, 01:27:26 AM »

that either a single  or the album  is being mastered, not sure which? Why not sure? Was the person speaking English? What is up with that?
because honestly I forgot what she said. I know it was one or the other. I think it was the mastering of the single though....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: