Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 02:48:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227897 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  First ever concert, can i take a camera? Birmingham
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First ever concert, can i take a camera? Birmingham  (Read 3903 times)
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: June 20, 2006, 07:02:30 PM »

Hi, Im going to birmingham concert on 25th i think it is. cant wait. anyway i just got an ace digital camera for my bday and want to take photos and put on htgth. will i be able to take the camera in to the concert, or will it be confiscated? also my phone is a xda2i so technically i could post live from the gig.
axlroses
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 07:05:53 PM »

Go with the phone and not the camera.
andypa1
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 07:08:43 PM »

damn that sucks. ok cheers anyway. I wish my dick was smaller then i could hide it in my pants or do they have scanners?
anythinggoes
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2006, 07:15:53 PM »

damn that sucks. ok cheers anyway. I wish my dick was smaller then i could hide it in my pants or do they have scanners?

good post seriously how big is it Huh

the camera what dya think i meant
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2006, 07:21:23 PM »

Just take a disposable one, if you get caught with it all they are gonna do is take your camera.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
EFISH
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2006, 07:23:07 PM »

haha.. anythingoes Cheesy

i just saw the first line of that post. i stared at it blankly for about 30 seconds. then i scrolled down and saw the other line.

you scared me for a second ?hihi

now, on to the main topic.. i wouldn't bring a brand new digital camera..

so far in 06 ive heard of many people getting it in, but many having it taken away.
me personally, i wouldnt risk it.. just go with the phone. ?ok

modify: i agree with mega, you should get one of those digital-zoom disposables. there more expensive than the usual ones (maybe 5 dollars more) but you can zoom in on the band, and then its digital goes right to your computer, and if its taken away, which is prob. wont be, who cares.. just a few bucks. Wink
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2006, 07:34:36 PM »

I took my digital camera to Hammersmith.Got some nice photos... The lady told me to put it away once, but I carried on taking photos and I had no trouble getting in the venue with the camera.
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 07:43:06 PM »

i had mine at hammersmith, got patted down they felt the camera and still let me in, but seeing the way the security were grabbing at cameras i decided against trying to get photos.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 08:02:52 PM »

Be careful.? The third NYC show, we snuck a camera in, and about halfway through the show, this big dude sat down next to us.? I had to leave early... to take care of some business, but when my buddy got up to leave, he was cornered by four or five dudes, who basically proceeded to beat the shit out of him until he gave up the camera (he does not like being intimidated and will take a beating before he gives up anything).? It was pretty fucked up.? ?ok? I don't know if they were Gn'R security people, or Hammerstein (I would guess Hammerstein), but it was not cool at all.

And - not only did they take the memory card out of the camera, they actually broke the lense on the camera and gave it back to him that way (the front lense part that zooms out was literally bent down and forward)...  not cool at all.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2006, 08:05:41 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
EFISH
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 09:59:05 PM »

is your friend the reason for axl saying "relax on that shit" durring Better.

i know he said that becuase security was beating the shit out of someone tyring to tkae pictures so.. possibly axl saved your friend from getting more hurt  Cheesy
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 10:15:59 PM »

bring a throw away if you lose it no biggie

Chuck Norris does not get frostbite. Chuck Norris bites frost

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
EFISH
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 10:19:15 PM »

mygnrdvd..

i remember jarmo telling you to please refrain from the chuck norris "jokes" at the end of every post.

personally, and i think many agree.. its really annoying..

and it isn't revelant to the topic.
mrgnrdvd
Headliner

Since 1940, the year Chuck Norris was born, roundh

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 10:21:30 PM »

sorry don't read my posts, Just trying to make a joke, a couple people emailed me and really like them

Chuck Norris kills anyone that asks, "You want fries with that" because by now everyone should know that Chuck doesn't ever want fries with anything. Ever.

Chuck Norris' roundhouse kick is so powerful, it can be seen from outer space by the naked eye.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 10:53:26 PM »

is your friend the reason for axl saying "relax on that shit" durring Better.

i know he said that becuase security was beating the shit out of someone tyring to tkae pictures so.. possibly axl saved your friend from getting more hurt? Cheesy

Hahah.. no, this happened after the show, when he was trying to leave from the Mezz2 area.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
EFISH
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 11:04:13 PM »

oh, alright..

damn, 5 guys beat him up just for his camera that he refused to give up.

thats a little crazy imo.
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 11:11:09 PM »

sorry don't read my posts, Just trying to make a joke, a couple people emailed me and really like them

Chuck Norris kills anyone that asks, "You want fries with that" because by now everyone should know that Chuck doesn't ever want fries with anything. Ever.

Jarmo is the admin of the board.   You should abide by his rules.  Since Jarmo already warned you and you continued to post the off topic Chuck Norris crap anyway, I'm giving you a negative karma point. 
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 08:12:19 AM »

no man,go to show and fuckin enjoy in show
My first gnr show was budapest,and had a great time,better than excepted

I have never seen so many tree
Shirell
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 08:17:26 AM »

Take a disposable camera.  Dont lose your birthday present when a disposable will do the job.
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 05:15:37 AM »

got mine into hammersmith no probs - but i did see security frog-marching some guy out with his camera - the guy stood by the door and crossed his arms and refused to leave - it was great!  (think he got to stay in the end).  Someone else next to me had to delete all images off their digital camera.  I got worried as there was loads of phones and cameras near me and waving right in front of Axl's face when he came close - but he didnt flinch.  I am quite small - so got away with sticking camera in the air and snapping v quickly  Wink 

disposable will take shit pics - but will prob still capture the mood for you.  good luck if you do  take it   ok
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: