Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 11:00:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why hasn't Rolling Stone or someone reputable given us a release date yet?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why hasn't Rolling Stone or someone reputable given us a release date yet?  (Read 12042 times)
14 Years Estranged
Opening Act

« on: September 18, 2006, 12:51:52 PM »

I have been keeping my eyes peeled and my ears perked since the New Years Eve show at the House Of Blues, when people were saying that the album will be coming. Since then its been six years, and finally Axl Rose himself has been repeating it like a broken record that the album will be out this year. Now, not to sound like a complete skeptic or anything, but We're already into the latter half of September... which leaves October, November and December for the projected release date to surface.

I was reading through Rolling Stone's September7, 2006 Issue (RS 1008), pictured below...

Now looking at the cover of this magazine I was nervous with anticipation seeing "The 2006 Fall Music Preview", deciding to check this section of the magazine out first I read through September, October, and getting to November I was hopeful to see something with Guns N' Roses... even if the release date was listed as "TBA"... however I read on through the article which stopped at December 5th.

Now, again... I don't want to sound like a pessimist or anything with what I have left above. I am sure that when a release date is given that it is going to be the biggest media event of this decade considering that a world renowned rock group ? Guns N' Roses ? will release the album that will define the largest moment in the band's legacy. I can envision Guns N' Roses... or at least Axl Rose getting either a mention on the cover of... or better yet, having his photo or that of the entire band on the cover of the album.

I just hope that with Axl Rose telling everyone since January that we will be getting the album this year that something doesn't come along and further postpone things any longer than they have been.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2006, 04:21:04 PM by 14 Years Estranged » Logged

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 12:53:46 PM »

nobody knows yet and people have been left hanging too many times to have somebody else print something...look at vh1 and the nov 2004 comment...made them look pretty stupid hihi

codenameninja
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 01:04:06 PM »

no body knows, not even Axl  hihi do you relly believe the album is finished? i like to think so, although i have my doubts  Roll Eyes
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 01:11:46 PM »

If the album doesnt drop this year it's gunna look really bad on Axl. Moreso then any other year just gien the fact that numerous times he has said it will be out this year.

Being the end of sept now almost I'm starting to get a lil nervous , but it's still very possible the album can and will happen this year.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 01:33:53 PM »

the fact that numerous times he has said it will be out this year.

so, I was wrong in thinking he said either "it's this year" or "absolutely" and no "will". hihi
chinese say it's the year of the cock till the begginning of next feb.
But I'd rather belive their lucky number.

finally Axl Rose himself has been repeating it like a broken record that the album will be out this year.

IRS? Cheesy 
that of the entire band on the cover of the album.
would be nice!
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 01:48:07 PM »

Nah... There's still time to put the album out this year. I might be very wrong, but I think Axl will try to keep it quiet until the very last minute. It'll come out this year, otherwise New GNR will be nothing more than a joke for both fans and haters.
Back Off Bitch
VIP

Fritz Lang

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 01:51:46 PM »

It might actually be this year... Axl @ VMA 2002 said "Soon is not the word".... He kept his deal on that one  Grin Now, Axl @ VMA 2006 said "This year" so, at least he's confident that it will...

12.10.91 Madison Square Garden
05.12.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
05.14.06 Hammerstein Ballroom
11.10.06 Madison Square Garden
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 01:54:05 PM »

If the album doesnt drop this year it's gunna look really bad on Axl. Moreso then any other year just gien the fact that numerous times he has said it will be out this year.

Being the end of sept now almost I'm starting to get a lil nervous , but it's still very possible the album can and will happen this year.

I'm nervous too, but I really don't think Axl would've said its coming this year again it the VMAs if it wasn't.

To answer the original posters question of "why isn't there a date yet?" try the answer from Richards website:

"There is no source for that information"

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 01:59:44 PM »

but I really don't think Axl would've said its coming this year again it the VMAs if it wasn't.

Maybe. But things can change.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 02:03:26 PM »

they have until mid octiber get it done. If we hear nothing by then it pretty much is impossible to release the album by years end. Spring 07 it is!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2006, 02:03:50 PM »

but I really don't think Axl would've said its coming this year again it the VMAs if it wasn't.

Maybe. But things can change.

Sure can! But I prefer to keep a positive attitude, although I know that's sometimes hard to do on this board.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
Origen
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2006, 02:06:26 PM »

People will hear music this year
- Jan. 2006

Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?

Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well. Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected...
?- Nov. 1999

You decide whether we'll see it this year.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2006, 02:08:35 PM »

Loder: When do you think we will actually see this album? Is it possible to say early next year?

Rose: We're hoping. Yes, definitely, everything seems to be going well. Robin's departure was abrupt, sudden, you know, not expected...
?- Nov. 1999

Was this said when Robin was out of the picture?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2006, 02:14:00 PM »

People will hear music this year
- Jan. 2006

- Nov. 1999

You decide whether we'll see it this year.

Where can I read that entire interview?

Baby Chaos
Headliner

Still searching for a solution

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2006, 02:24:28 PM »

We've already heard new music this year: the leaks.

For an album this big to come out this year with so little time left for promotion, I would be very surprised.

We're looking at next year at the earliest.

Considering that this tour may take the band down under in 2007 it would appear it will surface whilst the band are on tour.

Then again, Metallica have undertaken huge tours without anything to promote, but they only tend to wait five or six years between their albums, as opposed to 15.  hihi

Be Aware of Legacy
madagas
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 02:33:12 PM »

Just three weeks ago Axl said it is coming out this year....on TV for everyone to see. Quotes from Jan 06....or Nov 1999.....or 1997 for that matter are IRRELEVANT! The plan is this year....at least for now. Whether you choose to believe him or not is a different story. Wink rofl
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2006, 02:34:40 PM »

Simple answer: they have no idea about it.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Bono
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2006, 02:42:49 PM »

Likely because the  neither band or management doesn't even know when the first single will hit radio let alone be released so how could any publication have an idea of a specific album release date?
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2006, 02:44:48 PM »

Just three weeks ago Axl said it is coming out this year....on TV for everyone to see. Quotes from Jan 06....or Nov 1999.....or 1997 for that matter are IRRELEVANT! The plan is this year....at least for now. Whether you choose to believe him or not is a different story. Wink rofl

I guess it's just easier for people to post things like "next year at the earliest" and things like that then to just sit and wait to see what happens.

duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2006, 02:58:29 PM »

If the album is not released this year I will delete all my GNR bookmarks and forget about HTGTH and not listen to my GNR records for at least five years.  crying

Or at least I will try to.  yes

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: