Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:41:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Billboard.com!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billboard.com!!!  (Read 18917 times)
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2006, 09:27:02 PM »

Hmm.  "Curiousier and curiouser..."

That's an awfully big "ad" to promote the answering of a reader question...
the guys probably just using it to whore out his name, knowing that gnr is on the hotbed, its an easy way to get people to read your article and know your name. Also an easy way for the site to get some extra hits, I know I never went to billboard before today.
madagas
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2006, 09:47:52 PM »

I go to Billboard every day. An OFFICIAL site for music news....not gossip. The article in question is nothing more than a writer speculating, nothing more.
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2006, 09:52:07 PM »

I go to Billboard every day. An OFFICIAL site for music news....not gossip. The article in question is nothing more than a writer speculating, nothing more.
hes talking about the big ad on the front page, saying its a little much for a speculation, not news article.
Danny
VIP

I fucked your llama!

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2006, 09:55:53 PM »

Hi Keith,

Both Axl Rose and his management have promised the long-delayed Guns N' Roses album "Chinese Democracy" will be released by the end of 2006.

Considering that it's the middle of November, is this still possible? How far in advance do retailers need in order to have product on their shelves? Every retailer I've contacted has said it's not "in the system" as having a release date this year.

Thanks!

Dan Elsenrath
Duluth, Minn.

This IS weird.  I thought I was the only GNR fan named Dan left here in Duluth.  I wonder if he's driving down to the MSP show next month and he wants to carpool.

Danny

Thousands of GNR fans have died waiting for Chinese Democracy to be released.

www.wonderfulworldofdanny.com
madagas
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2006, 10:06:29 PM »

DMAN, that is NOT an ad. Period. End of discussion. They just used the logo to entice you to go in to that guys question and answer segment. Roll Eyes
dman1991
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2006, 11:41:59 PM »

DMAN, that is NOT an ad. Period. End of discussion. They just used the logo to entice you to go in to that guys question and answer segment. Roll Eyes
yeah your right, I just get angry when I see anything thats not a release date. I didnt say it was an ad though.
god of thunder
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2006, 06:41:43 AM »

very strange....why would they have such a huge ad with a broken link? This is so typical GnR SmileySmiley
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2006, 07:03:53 AM »

is it safe to say they are pressing cds now???

I doubt CD has been pressed yet.  I think that all albums (especially albums as anticipated as CD) are leaked soon after they hit the pressing process.  I assume we will know when the albumis being pressed.  Even if it doesn't leak, someone will say something and we will hear about it.  Too hard to get that many people to stay quiet.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2006, 08:13:16 AM »

is it safe to say they are pressing cds now???

I doubt CD has been pressed yet.? I think that all albums (especially albums as anticipated as CD) are leaked soon after they hit the pressing process.? I assume we will know when the albumis being pressed.? Even if it doesn't leak, someone will say something and we will hear about it.? Too hard to get that many people to stay quiet.

not neccessecarily... People in pressing plants sign orders... and I doubt they really Know what they are pressing...

MOST CDS leak once Promo copies are given out... not once they start to get pressed
gandra
Banned
VIP

fire walk with me

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2006, 09:10:36 AM »

http://bbstage.vnuemedia.net/

Great...lol Can't believe such a big site like billboard.com would link to an "Under Construction" page on their homepage...I mean, it's not 1998 anymore, people are paid to make sure such things don't happen anymore...It's just an "Ask Billboard" section anyway, so I don't think it's anything groundbreaking.
well first question there is "when is realising date"?

I have never seen so many tree
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2006, 09:28:26 AM »

I doubt CD has been pressed yet.  I think that all albums (especially albums as anticipated as CD) are leaked soon after they hit the pressing process. 

I'm not sure why everyone is so convinced that they're going to get information and leaks from a pressing plant. I'm sure it's possible but I don't see any reason why it's bound to happen, even with a high profile release. It's not as though there's thousands of people on the plant floor individually handling cds. It seems to me to be much more likely that a leak would come from an individual with an advance copy.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2006, 03:06:42 PM »

Hmm.? "Curiousier and curiouser..."

That's an awfully big "ad" to promote the answering of a reader question...
the guys probably just using it to whore out his name, knowing that gnr is on the hotbed, its an easy way to get people to read your article and know your name. Also an easy way for the site to get some extra hits, I know I never went to billboard before today.

Neither did I.  Kind of a misleading attention grabber, as well.  Still, hopefully a sign of good things to come...
Tyson
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2006, 03:15:02 PM »

if the quickest they could get CD on the shelves at this point is late December, they are better off postponing the release yet again. 
Randy Jesus
VIP

This Never Happened, It's Just a Dream...

« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2006, 09:08:38 PM »

http://billboard.com/bbcom/releases/index.jsp

All Releases have been removed!!! I wonder whats up??? Perhaps they are prepping for the NEW GUNS N ROSES ALBUM or They Got Hacked, and the Article is false?
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2006, 09:43:45 PM »

Maybe they are updating the lists?  I don't follow that site, so I'm not sure how that would be done....

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
Lethalis
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2006, 03:53:33 AM »

Maybe they are updating the lists?  I don't follow that site, so I'm not sure how that would be done....
Probably a case of:
- hiding the contents
- updating the database
- show the contents again

But I wonder why they don't put a "under construction", "temporarily unavailable" on the page. Could be lazyness.

Or they just have a little problem with their site, and you're all just seeing water in the desert.
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2006, 01:31:03 PM »

Unless I'm seening a catched page, the releases are still hidden  Huh 

I'm gonna go with Billboard.com website problems rather then them preparing to let loose the CD release date though Wink

Grin

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2006, 01:39:36 PM »

Albums scheduled for U.S. release. All details subject to change without notice. Report discrepancies and missing titles to amgresponse@allmusic.com.

( this was on the release page)

so billboard gets their info from allmusic.com,
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2006, 02:14:07 PM »

If CD is really going to come out of nowhere then we wont know its coming out until a few days before its set to be released.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2006, 02:17:10 PM »

If CD is really going to come out of nowhere then we wont know its coming out until a few days before its set to be released.

Either way, surprise release or not, we should know something in the next week or so. If we have no new information by december I just don't see it happening.

I refuse to be a fool smoking

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: