Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 12:41:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227932 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Intelligent questions that interviewers should ask...
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Intelligent questions that interviewers should ask...  (Read 8208 times)
nick6sic6
VIP

Kindness is a treasure

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 10:19:33 AM »

I'd like to know if Axl wrote sth or jammed on sth with Izzy since 2006.Or if Izzy will record sth on the next record with the band.
There are many questions regarding the old lineup but i'd rather focus on the present and not the past.
Also as a rock fan,what is his opinion on the VR albums

Athens 1993,
Lisbon 2006,
Athens 2006,
Belgrade 2010,
Basel 2012,
Sofia 2012
Stockholm 2017
Prague 2022
Athens 2023
JAEBALL
Legend

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 10:32:03 AM »

Im pretty sure somebody asked him about Contraband on one of the forum chats...and he didnt give an answer

Axl Rose IS Skeletor
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 12:39:10 PM »

at the end of the journey, who do you think won the Guns N'Roses war?

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 01:03:10 PM »

"Great show, How do you feel?"

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 01:09:41 PM »

I would like to know more about why Buckethead, Brain and Robin Finck all quit the band

theres never been any kind of explanation for any of their departures

i dont particularly care for any of those people being in the band, nor do i care if any of the current members walked away... somebody would fill in for them..and people would say they love the new people that would replace them...

but thats what i would like to ask Axl
brain quit because he became a dad, didnt want to tour on 06 and for some reasong he didnt rejoin.
fink quit to focus on nin.

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 01:52:10 PM »

I would like to know more about why Buckethead, Brain and Robin Finck all quit the band

i dont particularly care for any of those people being in the band, nor do i care if any of the current members walked away... somebody would fill in for them..and people would say they love the new people that would replace them...

brain quit because he became a dad, didnt want to tour on 06 and for some reasong he didnt rejoin.

Brain never quit, he had to leave halfway through the European tour in 2006, with his last show being Paris. And it was because his wife was expecting a child, and he obviously had to get back to the US to be with her. He then returned at the start of the US tour in 2006, for the warm up shows, 2 Las Vegas dates, 2 San Francisco dates and the KROQ Inland Invasion which was his last show ever with GN'R.

Brain has said on many accasions that he would like nothing more than to be back in the band, but during his absence the band got really close to Frank and it worked REALLY well. It just got to the point where Frank was fitting into the band so much, that there was never really a moment where Brains return was thought upon.

I think they are both exceptional drummers, and I'm glad to have both on board. I think Frank is amazing and has earnt his place inside GN'R, no question... and at the same time, I'm thankful to have seen Brain live with Guns 6 times.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:53:54 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
rebelhipi
Legend

You Dig What The Fuck I'm Saying, Homefuck''?!''

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 03:54:39 PM »

Brain has said on many accasions that he would like nothing more than to be back in the band, but during his absence the band got really close to Frank and it worked REALLY well. It just got to the point where Frank was fitting into the band so much, that there was never really a moment where Brains return was thought upon.

I think they are both exceptional drummers, and I'm glad to have both on board. I think Frank is amazing and has earnt his place inside GN'R, no question... and at the same time, I'm thankful to have seen Brain live with Guns 6 times.
thanks, i didnt know that brain wanted to get back... but thats how life goes sometimes.
brain is a really talented drummer and added very nice new grooves to songs like brownstone and rocket queen.
but i am too glad that frank is on board now, i think he fits in the current band perfectly.

while i am very off topic i must mention how awesome the drum tracks are in cd that josh freese (another amazing drummer) wrote. would be great to hear his drum track some day....
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 03:56:40 PM by rebelhipi » Logged

Helsinki 06.07.06
Helsinki 05.06.10
Bangkok 28.02.17
Hämeenlinna 01.07.17
Berlin 03.06.18
Tallinn 16.07.18
Algés 04.06.22
Prague 18.06.22
Madrid 09.06.23

GN'R
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 07:44:38 PM »

I'd actually like to know if Axl's ever considered swim/bike/run...yep, triathlon! 
Axl's always had a never-ending reservoir of energy...I think he'd kick some ass out on a course.
 peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2013, 08:39:56 AM »

1) Your singin' style is very different (still high pitched but more "clean") compared to the 80s and the 90s one. You do it on purpose in order to preserve your vocal cords or what else? Did you ever have vocal cord surgery between 1994 and 2001? How about recovering from the never ending illusion tour?

2) When you first came back in 2001, the band sounded more "industrial" during live performances (ex: more synths, heavier guitars); now the sound recalls the firsts gnr days: when & why you decided to make this kind of step back? It's something like "it just didn't work" or it's a decision you made when some peole left the band?

3) Who do you miss the most between all the band members who left the band? And out of the band?

4) You're such a peaceful man: what makes you angry the most?  Grin

5) Are you going to get married again  Grin ?

Thank you 

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 08:44:17 AM by ITARocker » Logged
suicide
VIP

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2013, 06:36:10 AM »

I'd like to know what the letters and signs on the bottom of the cover of "The Spaghetti Incident?" mean.

Edit: nevermind, someone send me the answer http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/129045-spaghetti-incident-secret-code/. Great to finally know what it stands for!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:07:45 AM by suicide » Logged
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2013, 07:02:53 PM »

Axl, you've stated before that former members destroyed your self confidence in writing ability - how did you/have you gotten it back?  How has songwriting - the process and inspiration - changed for you from the hell house days (besides being in a much nicer place)? 

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Shredder
Opening Act

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2013, 07:12:04 PM »

"Where do you see Guns N Roses in 5 years...10 years?"
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2013, 11:28:44 AM »

1) Your singin' style is very different (still high pitched but more "clean") compared to the 80s and the 90s one. You do it on purpose in order to preserve your vocal cords or what else? Did you ever have vocal cord surgery between 1994 and 2001? How about recovering from the never ending illusion tour?2)

This,i dont think its cord surgery and we dont need to go to 2001. what happened to Axl from 2010 to now? 2010 was one of the best versions of Axl ive ever seen,I would love to know what happened to his voice.
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2013, 06:22:07 PM »

1) Your singin' style is very different (still high pitched but more "clean") compared to the 80s and the 90s one. You do it on purpose in order to preserve your vocal cords or what else? Did you ever have vocal cord surgery between 1994 and 2001? How about recovering from the never ending illusion tour?2)

This,i dont think its cord surgery and we dont need to go to 2001. what happened to Axl from 2010 to now? 2010 was one of the best versions of Axl ive ever seen,I would love to know what happened to his voice.

Yeah, but actually he has the same kind of voice (maybe now it's stronger,) he had in those years. One step at a time  Smiley. I think he had something done to his cords back in the days, just my hopinion of course, but there is a big vacuum between 1994 and 2001 which has never been filled yet. I wouldn't care less about all the legends of those years, but listening to him singin' in 1993 and 2001 it's like listenin' to 2 different singers, so I just want to know directly from him something that no one has asked him yet

Maybe in 2010 he felt his recovering was complete so he started to push his voice to extreme and then in 2012/2013 here we go again
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 06:26:05 PM by ITARocker » Logged
redrose
Headliner

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2013, 04:30:34 AM »

If you have some sparetime, what do you love to do in those moments.
What is the best part which you love and remember of the Tour all together.
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2013, 06:31:06 AM »

Yeah, but actually he has the same kind of voice (maybe now it's stronger,) he had in those years. One step at a time  Smiley. I think he had something done to his cords back in the days, just my hopinion of course, but there is a big vacuum between 1994 and 2001 which has never been filled yet. I wouldn't care less about all the legends of those years, but listening to him singin' in 1993 and 2001 it's like listenin' to 2 different singers, so I just want to know directly from him something that no one has asked him yet

Maybe in 2010 he felt his recovering was complete so he started to push his voice to extreme and then in 2012/2013 here we go again

my theory:he spent many years without singing and his voice is a trademark,in 2006 he had singing lessons if im not wrong.The mistery is why from 2006-2010 he recovered the voice from 90s, there are a lot of shows from 2010 that you can close your eyes and say  this is from 90s or today.

But now i think he damaged his voice and he cant sing a full show with rasp.For me you could be mine has to be dropped from the set list.You could be mine without rasp is so different.
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2013, 06:16:00 AM »

How did you end up working with Rockstar as DJ Tommy "The nightmare" Smith and did they let you improvise anything ?
AxlHBK
Headliner

Axl Loyalist

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2013, 01:54:32 AM »

Axl, in Sweet Child O' Mine, when you sing, "I hate to look into those eyes And see an ounce of pain", are you referring to an ounce of force or a fluid ounce?

-Chinesedemocracy.com Refugee
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: