Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:58:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 465877 times)
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #3000 on: April 15, 2012, 05:24:41 AM »

Some of you need a history lesson because you refuse to realize that the band existed before your beloved former members joined. Smiley

What's embarrassing about knowing what you're talking about?

/jarmo

The truth is that AFD showed who deserved credits in addition to that line up. And the man is chris webber co-writing a song. That's all.

We all know the meaning of the words, but trolling about what a user should say or wich word use or wathever is just spurios and boring too

This is supposed to be about HOF and maybe rock n roll...
kukol1978
Rocker

« Reply #3001 on: April 15, 2012, 05:28:03 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appetite_for_Destruction
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3002 on: April 15, 2012, 05:43:54 AM »

DIO leave black sabbath, and halford had to sing in some shows
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxcHe8OvQUg

Ozzy osbourne sick
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6yROrOBp7A&feature=related

Ok!

So he did shows with them.  Smiley

I didn't remember that.

Was he substituting for somebody who couldn't be there? Was he supposed to join the band on a more permanent basis?

I honestly don't understand this comparison between people who started a band together and Rob Halford substituting for a sick Ozzy Osbourne.

Did you know Fred Coury played drums with GN'R when Steven couldn't?

and btw, the original/classic word fight it is stupid yes,but its very clear that always is coming from new gnr supporters,loving to bash the old/classic/orginal/first lineup,

What's bashing? Where did I say anything negative about the old line ups when I pointed out the fact that Guns N' Roses started before Steven Adler, Slash and Duff McKagan joined the band?

Is Wikipedia bashing the band as well?

Maybe you're "bashing" the band's history by lying about it?

The truth is that AFD showed who deserved credits in addition to that line up. And the man is chris webber co-writing a song. That's all.

We all know the meaning of the words, but trolling about what a user should say or wich word use or wathever is just spurios and boring too

This is supposed to be about HOF and maybe rock n roll...

So everybody KNOWS the facts and their history, but they refuse to acknowledge it because it's "bashing" that particular classic line up?

I think the big problem is that IF you can accept the correct history of the band, then maybe, just maybe, you have less problems understanding why Axl kept the name of the band he was in from day one....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:35:13 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
src
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3003 on: April 15, 2012, 05:47:55 AM »

If you try to teach something to other people you should preferably be right about it. But from a scientific point of you you're probably the person here who has the major issues with how words and terms are defined. You're right about the definition of the word "original" as a standalone word, but in the context of GnR, the term "the original band" has a strongly established meaning which you have seemingly tried to reinvent here. I seem to recall a good principle: If you understand the meaning someone tries to give a phrase, don't be a bitch about it and make the discussion into one about semantics.

Too many people on either side discusses semantics here. I wish (for the sake of good discussion) it would end.

Yes, a lot of people use the term original because they don't know any better.

Also, a lot of people in the media write things that aren't true. What's wrong with pointing out the errors?

Ringo wasn't the original drummer for The Beatles, Kirk Hammett isn't the original Metallica guitarist and so on. They're both probably more known than the guys they replaced.

Doesn't take anything away from anybody's achievements.  ok

/jarmo

You're right, stating that Pete Best was the original Beatle or stating that Rob Gardner was the original drummer in GnR is factually correct and takes zero away from Ringo's and Adler's contribution to the Beatles and GnR. You're not wrong here.

You mention that the press does errors about this. You're right, if this was press-driven like the idea that Slash wrote more of GnR's music than he did, it can - and should perhaps - be corrected.  I am also a huge fan of correcting errors. In this case, however, the fanbase has basically accepted the term and most would - even if they know Gardner and Beich were first - use the phrase even if they know it is an "error" of sorts.

You would have a point here if the GNR fanbase were basically uninformed about the past of Tracii and Rob, I'll give you that too. But under the assumption that most people on this board knows the past of Rob and Tracii, what you're doing here is basically not correcting a mistake, you're merely throwing in a meaningless little tidbit we all already know, with no actual consequence - as you also point out in your last sentence. It's a strongly established principle in science that if you understand someone, you shouldn't misinterpret them intentionally. I don't recall if you originally corrected someone or if you just chimed in - (it doesn't matter, does it?) - wbut from a scientific point of view the observation you throw in is almost certainly incorrect since it is clear what the original poster means to say.

PS: I fully understand the logic of this cat-and-mouse game. If Slash was a replacement, it means he was just like Robin and I get that it makes sense to make that argument. I just try to contribute a little to hopefully end that cos it has GOT to be tiresome for all parties.

Also i want to know for how long Ole beich and Tracii guns stayed under the name of GNR ( yes after fusion) ,please answer this question.

We don't fully know. We know the Hollywood Rose gig on NYE 1984 featured Gardner, Steve Darrow and Chris Weber (from the top of my head, I might be wrong). Beich, Guns came in probably very shortly after. We can be fairly certain Duff joined in April 1985, around the time Izzy wrote "Think About You". Beich was out by then, but might have been there when "Think About You" was written. Guns and Gardner left in June, and oversaw virtually no other songwriting, it all happened after Slash and Adler joined.
alexander
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3004 on: April 15, 2012, 05:51:18 AM »

Jarmo you need to get a life dude.  Seriously.  How old are you?  Im just wondering when you are going to grow out of debating boring, irrelavent points about a band you were never in nor any part of except for hosting a web site about.

Coudl it be you just need to get laid?
Boromir
VIP

« Reply #3005 on: April 15, 2012, 05:53:52 AM »

Jarmo you need to get a life dude.  Seriously.  How old are you?  Im just wondering when you are going to grow out of debating boring, irrelavent points about a band you were never in nor any part of except for hosting a web site about.

At some way he is  Wink hell more than Slash was  rofl

Keep Calm and Listen to Guns N' Roses!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3006 on: April 15, 2012, 05:54:46 AM »

Jarmo you need to get a life dude.  Seriously.  How old are you?  Im just wondering when you are going to grow out of debating boring, irrelavent points about a band you were never in nor any part of except for hosting a web site about.

When you run out of things to say, you can always try insults.

Smiley

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #3007 on: April 15, 2012, 06:21:57 AM »

Jarmo you need to get a life dude.  Seriously.  How old are you?  Im just wondering when you are going to grow out of debating boring, irrelavent points about a band you were never in nor any part of except for hosting a web site about.

When you run out of things to say, you can always try insults.

Smiley

/jarmo

Yeah dude...all you ever did was run a website...and do photography...and travel the world with...and....yeah that disproves this guys argument....lol

This thread is seriously 151 pages of people pissing and moaning, and arguing with each other about the most pointless arguments I think I've ever read.

It's like every negative complaint from disgruntled fans over the 16 years of this website has reared it's ugly head in one thread.

Seriously. Give up the flame war. We get it. Your favorite version of GnR involved the one where Axl had a throat infection, and Phyllis Diller filled in for 2 songs. I'm sorry...they won't be reuniting either.

This is why the HoF nod was a bad idea. Read back the last 151 pages....now you know why Axl didn't go....

There are times when it's hard to be a GnR fan....reading this thread the last few months, and I can honestly say this has been one of them.....

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
westcoast_junkie
VIP

Here to hell, gone today....

« Reply #3008 on: April 15, 2012, 06:22:28 AM »

Is it possible to change the headline of this topic to "Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's history." ? And maybe move it to ex-gunners/dead horse? Because there was only members represented who goes under ex-gunners on this forum....

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board....
Billo
VIP

"soon" is the word....SOON :)

« Reply #3009 on: April 15, 2012, 06:26:51 AM »

Congrats to the classic lineup to being inducted into the HOF..its an honour and something to be prowd of, i would have loved to see Axl make piece with slash and just play once more but its not meant to be, i understand why he decided not go go and respect his decision, i understand he is focused on the Band now and i respect that too and Love this Band lineup..
     It was cool to read about the old members playing together.. Any link to a vid of it??
I didnt head Greenday Mention Dizzy Sad

If u love guns the wait it allmost over..HEHE
volcano62
VIP

I Am Inconquerable

« Reply #3010 on: April 15, 2012, 06:36:48 AM »

Is it possible to change the headline of this topic to "Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's history." ? And maybe move it to ex-gunners/dead horse? Because there was only members represented who goes under ex-gunners on this forum....

Montreal 1992
Quebec City 2006
Montreal 2010
Ottawa 2010
Quebec City 2013
Montreal 2013
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #3011 on: April 15, 2012, 07:02:25 AM »

hey guys...room for one more around here ?

well, i've been thinking and...according to steven adler's definition of scabs...aren't the guys who played last night scabs ? or at least myles ?

people always bash axl for getting a new gnr line up but now they think it's cool that gnr are inducted with myle's singing ?
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #3012 on: April 15, 2012, 07:06:40 AM »

AWESOME NIGHT!!! FINALLY!!! LOVED IT!!  Kiss
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #3013 on: April 15, 2012, 07:07:03 AM »

hey guys...room for one more around here ?

well, i've been thinking and...according to steven adler's definition of scabs...aren't the guys who played last night scabs ? or at least myles ?

people always bash axl for getting a new gnr line up but now they think it's cool that gnr are inducted with myle's singing ?

Myles wasn't inducted, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I think he can't sing Guns songs for shit, and they should have just done It's So Easy with Duff singing or something. But it's not like he was put into the Hall Of Fame instead of Axl.
team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #3014 on: April 15, 2012, 07:13:55 AM »

yeah but i mean ...calling an "outsider" to replace members of the band when at least one of them (duff) is also a singer ?? come on...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #3015 on: April 15, 2012, 07:36:40 AM »

Indeed, this is a no win, go nowhere conversation and probably belongs in Dead Horse.  While a great honor for those inducted, it has nothing to do with the current band since none were in attendance and this can only spiral downward (if possible, more than it already has?).
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3016 on: April 15, 2012, 07:42:56 AM »

Funny.

The definition is: a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike

So according to that definition, Steven Adler surely must think Myles Kennedy, who was replacing Axl, is a scab.

But suddenly he had no issue with that.

Myles wasn't inducted, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I think he can't sing Guns songs for shit, and they should have just done It's So Easy with Duff singing or something. But it's not like he was put into the Hall Of Fame instead of Axl.

There's no issue, he was just pointing out the irony that Steven Adler is performing with a guy who's there only because Axl refused to sing.... The very definition of a scab!

/jarmo

team-axl
Headliner

« Reply #3017 on: April 15, 2012, 07:55:29 AM »

Funny.

The definition is: a worker who accepts employment or replaces a union worker during a strike

So according to that definition, Steven Adler surely must think Myles Kennedy, who was replacing Axl, is a scab.

There's no issue, he was just pointing out the irony that Steven Adler is performing with a guy who's there only because Axl refused to sing.... The very definition of a scab!

/jarmo

im glad someone understood what i was trying to say
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #3018 on: April 15, 2012, 08:10:07 AM »

Funny.

/jarmo

On his twitter account, Matt Sorum said he wouldn't comment anymore on GnR and the future.  It's about time.  He should pass this message to Adler...WOuld be very appreciated!

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Z?phyr
VIP

« Reply #3019 on: April 15, 2012, 08:14:33 AM »

I can't help it but see this whole RHOF thing as a joke! Belgian press was also mentioning "original line-up" today... felt like sending em a message to check their facts but what's the point doing so..

Glad it's over and done, let's enjoy the EU tour will ya!

"It Ain't Rocket Science"
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: