Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 12:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame! Now it's official.  (Read 465875 times)
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3080 on: April 15, 2012, 06:09:39 PM »

He is not Axl in the same way that Slash's replacements are not Slash.  

Love how you call Ron, DJ and Richard ''Slash's replacements'' but yet you still call Slash ''Slash'' and not ''Tracii Guns'' replacement.

And of course they're not Slash: they're WAY better. Comparing Ron or Richard to Slash in terms of skills at guitar playing is like comparing Lio Messi to myself football-wise...

The good thing about this Hall of Shame horror story is we will NEVER see again the ghost of the ''reunion'' here. I suppose this should be it for Adler and Slash: no more begging, no more speculations, no more slash-trolling on the GNR message boards... good bews definitely.

And now we are finally able to focus 100% in the bright present and even brighter future of the band. The zombie-version of the band DIED yesterday, and i'm very glad about it.

what exactly is "NUGNR"? Huh

Slash widows call ''nugnr'' to every GNR lineup Slash is not included in.

They ignore the original lineup of the band and dont give that lineup the status of ''real'' Guns N' Roses because Slash was not there. And once Slash voluntarily quit, they started calling ''NuGNR'' to Guns N' Roses

What is really funny is they refer to Guns N' Roses with the term ''NuGNR''  but they call ''Guns N' Roses'' the Myles Kennedy and friends show.

well, i've been thinking and...according to steven adler's definition of scabs...aren't the guys who played last night scabs ? or at least myles ?

if you are inducting Guns N' Roses AFD lineup into the rock hall and you dont see there Axl and Izzy, then you have to identify at least two HUGE scabs.

In fact, I think you have to be NUTS to dare to make a ceremony to induct the AFD lineup without Axl and Izzy. Its like the Chicago Bulls of the nineties without Jordan and Pippen...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3081 on: April 15, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »

Axl the most hated member? To some but to many the most loved!! I'm sure many of the people booing were caught up on the moment and would be kissing hiss ass if they were to see him out.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #3082 on: April 15, 2012, 06:20:55 PM »

What is really funny is they refer to Guns N' Roses with the term ''NuGNR''  but they call ''Guns N' Roses'' the Myles Kennedy and friends show.

I also think it reflects a disdain for 'NuMetal', and I agree that the songs and artists assicociated with the genre hasn't been all that great, but it is some very intresting usage of instruments, instrumentation and musicblend going on with it. peace
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 06:45:00 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #3083 on: April 15, 2012, 07:10:42 PM »

He is not Axl in the same way that Slash's replacements are not Slash.  

they're WAY better

Rock n roll it's not a fuckin competition. People like Jimi Hendrix,  brian may, bb king and yes, slash, really suck comparing to bumble, but bumble still have to make history. And I give you a notice: he will never make it.  ok

Love it or hate it, that's it.  beer Cheers.

Former members they already had their time.  yes

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:12:32 PM by ITARocker » Logged
Muerto
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3084 on: April 15, 2012, 07:13:43 PM »

And of course they're not Slash: they're WAY better. Comparing Ron or Richard to Slash in terms of skills at guitar playing is like comparing Lio Messi to myself football-wise...

BS hihi

Che, Justice is comparing Messi to Pel? !!!
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #3085 on: April 15, 2012, 07:27:01 PM »

Axl the most hated member? To some but to many the most loved!! I'm sure many of the people booing were caught up on the moment and would be kissing hiss ass if they were to see him out.

Yea, like it's Axl's fault that they're stupid enough to buy tickets expecting a reunion.  I'd be booing too if I paid that much money to see Myles, Steven and Gilby with Velvet Revolver
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 07:29:01 PM by Jeramy » Logged

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #3086 on: April 15, 2012, 07:28:37 PM »

Yea, like it's Axl's fault that they're stupid enough to buy tickets expecting a reunion.  I'd be booing too if I paid that much money to see Myles and Gilby with VR

What about Adler?
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #3087 on: April 15, 2012, 07:29:49 PM »

I edited him in there too lol

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #3088 on: April 15, 2012, 07:30:38 PM »

have any of you seen the lastest tweets from Perla Hudson?

the most memorable of them all was

''tell me that when slash is going to the bank.''

in response to

''GUNS W/OUT ANY BULLETS AND NO PASSION W/OUT THE ROSE! HAVE FUN LIVING OFF OF PAST FAME! THAT'S ALL THEY'LL EVER BE! HAS-BEENS!''

reading things like these make me extremely proud of Axl and Izzy for not showing up.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #3089 on: April 15, 2012, 07:38:02 PM »

I recall Izzy's words saying something about interstellar galactica and other worlds etc etc, I did not quite actually understood what he said.........  & Adios Amigos?

rofl

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
ITARocker
VIP

"Ol? Ol? Ol?, Axl Axl!!!"

« Reply #3090 on: April 15, 2012, 07:39:28 PM »

in response to

''GUNS W/OUT ANY BULLETS AND NO PASSION W/OUT THE ROSE! HAVE FUN LIVING OFF OF PAST FAME! THAT'S ALL THEY'LL EVER BE! HAS-BEENS!''

reading things like these make me extremely proud of Axl and Izzy for not showing up.

Yeah, we all care about what perla says,we all live for her tweets...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #3091 on: April 15, 2012, 07:52:16 PM »

in response to

Perla Hudson:

@estebanfgnr my bank comment does not relate from gnr. Slash does well enough on his other projects. Sorry I wasn't clear people

and:

Guys, please understand, I only have love for axl, I'm just disappointed about the situation as I'm sure u r all are too

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #3092 on: April 15, 2012, 08:16:03 PM »

so here's to the next chapter fellas  beer

The "next chapter" started when Steven was fired, then you had the release of the UYI album, then the next one once Izzy left etc etc.

GN'R are on the same chapter they were on the day before yesterday. Nothing has changed. Smiley

/jarmo
Your wrong on this Jarmo, GN'R are still in the same book, different chapter though dear boy  Wink

The chapter last night was entitled "You can't put your arm around a memory" 

Today onwards chapter is called "Better..."  ok

This guy here just won the f'n internets for a whole week for that comment....

That was awesome

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #3093 on: April 15, 2012, 08:17:00 PM »

Matt: I wanna thank the other band-mates that aren't here tonight that I love and respect them and I'm honored to have been on stage with them and to have made music with them.

I'm (pleasantly) surprised that Matt was the one who said this.

I would've thunk it would've been the guy that unexpectedly bumped into Axl at that hotel when GNR was on tour and was invited and welcomed by the band to join them on stage for a few songs.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3094 on: April 15, 2012, 08:26:20 PM »

Great stuff, it's all over. It wasn't the dream induction that I once hoped for but was still cool to see all the guys there and hear them play. Axl and Izzy would've been the icing on the cake but it's still ok. They had their personal reasons for not showing up and that's cool. Its all about the music that was created. All the fuckin stupid bullshit that people will go on about will never change what that band was. For alot of us that was part of the soundtrack to our lives growing up and it was magic and it still is. Everytime I hear AFD I'm immediately back in 1988 in my head. I remember how it felt to fall in love with a band that was so fucking cool and sounded like nothing I'd heard before. Fuckin' crazy!!!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #3095 on: April 15, 2012, 08:36:44 PM »

yeah but i mean ...calling an "outsider" to replace members of the band when at least one of them (duff) is also a singer ?? come on...

Well technically the precedent was set when the Doors were inducted into the hall of fame. They had the dude from Pearl Jam replace Morrison. However, as you may or may not know, after Jim Morrison's death, the Doors released two albums without him in which Ray Manzarek sang. In addition, there were times when Big Jim passed out and ray filled in. I've seen some clips, he actually did a pretty good job.

I see what you mean, but in my opinion it's not that big of a deal
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #3096 on: April 15, 2012, 09:28:41 PM »

in response to

Perla Hudson:

@estebanfgnr my bank comment does not relate from gnr. Slash does well enough on his other projects. Sorry I wasn't clear people

and:

Guys, please understand, I only have love for axl, I'm just disappointed about the situation as I'm sure u r all are too

Esteban - how do you expect Perla to react when you personally antagonize her like that?  I'm not saying this as a defender of Slash in anyway, but its fucked up to post a quote out of context.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #3097 on: April 15, 2012, 09:52:20 PM »

Matt: I wanna thank the other band-mates that aren't here tonight that I love and respect them and I'm honored to have been on stage with them and to have made music with them.

I'm (pleasantly) surprised that Matt was the one who said this.

I would've thunk it would've been the guy that unexpectedly bumped into Axl at that hotel when GNR was on tour and was invited and welcomed by the band to join them on stage for a few songs.

Maybe so, but remember Axl explicitly stated that he didn't want former members referencing him at all.  Because of that, I got the definite impression that Steven, Duff, and Slash wanted to just tiptoe around the Axl issue and decided the easiest way to do that was to not mention him.  Coming from the three core original members, mentioning Axl's name -- even in a complimentary sense -- would've ignited a few fires.  Sorum was a better fit to do that.
Canuto
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #3098 on: April 15, 2012, 10:05:24 PM »

in response to

Perla Hudson:

and:

Esteban - how do you expect Perla to react when you personally antagonize her like that?  I'm not saying this as a defender of Slash in anyway, but its fucked up to post a quote out of context.

Yeah Totally agree, is the way to start provocation..is this necesary???
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #3099 on: April 15, 2012, 10:24:15 PM »

Wow 156 pages of the same old argument!  

Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven...and Matt and Gilby, were all a big part of Guns 'N Roses.  And for anyone to say any different, well is just stupid.  They formed the foundation of the band.  You can say Tracii Guns, Ole and Rob...but be real, they were a small time club band that played a very small amount of shows together.  Guns 'N Roses as most of us in our 30's know it was the original five.  Things happened, people came and went and it became bigger.  Matt and Gilby and Dizzy came along and we still loved GNR.  A lot more things happened and a lot came and went and Axl busted his ass along with a whole new group of players who joined the band and kept the spirit of GNR alive.  They wrote music, they changed some more and then finally came full circle with the current lineup today.  A very group of talented musicians who seem like they really get along with each other and enjoy doing what they do.

The majority of Guns 'N Roses fans don't worship the band like us on this message board do.  They don't hang on every move that Axl or Slash does...they couldn't tell you when "Prostitute" was last played live...or the last time Izzy was with the band.  The casual GNR fan who is the one at the concert is there to hear the songs they know.  They are gonna be more inclined to "want Slash" because that is what they remember.  They don't read the latest tidbit about who is sueing who and who badmouthed who last.  They'll go and bitch about the new members, but then be blown away by the show.

Which brings me to my last point.  Axl ultimately made the right call by not doing the RNR HOF.  It is a bullshit honor anyways, I've been there and the place sucks.  The basement is cool with all the old artifacts, I'll give it that.  Axl knows that the more old fans he wins over and the more new fans he can gain will result in the band living on.  By keeping GNR associated with the old band, it will only keep people wanting reunions and such.  It's not gonna happen, get over it!  Just like the divorce comparison...it is dead.  All members for the most part have remained successful and are doing big things for themselves.  The ones who aren't continue to try to get any bit of attention they can by doing reality shows.  

The past is the past.  I hope Axl is able to continue rocking with these guys for a very long time.  I hope Slash is able to continue doing what he does and the same for Duff, Izzy, Matt, Gilby, Steven etc. Minus royalties and such, they never have to talk again.  GNR will live on forever regardless.  Still hearing the music on the radio everyday and played worldwide in stadiums and arenas is more than enough accolade for the band to show what they've accomplished.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 158 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: