Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 04:02:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227916 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How the hell can no one know!?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: How the hell can no one know!?  (Read 15977 times)
chriskon72
Rocker

Thus spake the Super-Guru...Did you hear that?

« on: October 24, 2006, 10:45:31 AM »

Hey Guy's

You know I have been thinking so much about this album and the "Mystique" and secrecy surrounding it. What's going on is soooooo weird....we can't talk about a article in a mag, then there is the Harley deal.

How can the GNR camp keep all this stuff so quiet. We heard from Andy Wallace that it is mixed....but that is all we hear, we don't even really know if it was done now or if it was done back in march.

How do these guy's work ? like you don't even hear or see a story like :

"today we caught up with Robin Fink leaving Electricladyland studios  where it is beleived that GNR are mixing CD with Andy Wallace (i.e)"

You don't see/hear anything from the band members let alone a pic from Axl leaving a studio where they would be working or for example it was said they are rehearsing for this lego of the tour....where ? rehearsels for a show this size usually are done in a hanger or factory, what the hell. How can no one know or discover whats going on ?.

If CD is comming out it must have artwork we know nothing about it really.

Christ ! the thing has to be fabricated, printing, pressed, you don't just make 2-3 million cd's in a basement somwhere...I mean these things are done worldwide its huge! cds for the states presed in the U.S of course but if you think about it cds in Canada get pressed mainly near Toronto, the U.K will have their own for sure. What about central Europe, Asia, Japan, Austr?lia South America. For Christ?s sake no one spills the beans ANYWHERE ?!

What about v?deo....if there is one, it had to be filmed somewhere....right ? it needed a director. Where was it edited and by whom ?

How is it that I cannot not know where Lindsey Lohan had coffee yesterday. But the GNR camp can manage to keep this wrapped up so airtight.

Maybe Merck and co. can?t book a tour to save their lives but sure as hell keeps a good secret.  Grin

For those of you going to the show.... have a good one !

20.05.88 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
07.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
08.06.91 CNE Grandstand, Toronto
28.05.92 Kanstatterwasen, Stuttgart
26.06.93 Olympiastadion, Munich
07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Goddamn_Electric
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 10:51:35 AM »

Haha.  If you pay me, I'll follow their tour bus - and mark down their every move.

11/17/02 Mark of the Quad Cities
11/27/06 Rosemont Horizon
2/19/2012 House of Blues Chicago
7/1/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
7/3/2016 Soldier Field Chicago
10/13/2019 Exit 111 Festival
TVC15
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 10:53:35 AM »

Hopefully, they will drop the curtain today...makes sense...no?

yes
Six Strings
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 10:59:02 AM »

I agree. Something really wierd's going on. I have some strange feelings!

"...It don't really matter..."
CAFC Nick
VIP

I don't know just what I should do...

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 10:59:53 AM »

All will be revealed in due course.
slunksoma
Headliner

Here Today...Gone to Bed

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 11:02:38 AM »

Yes this is something I have also been wondering about. How comes we dont have shots of band members leaving the studio etc? The album must be done and dusted, boxed up and ready to go. Somoene must see it. People who work in the big stores (HMV, Virgin etc) must see an unmarked box (or they will do when it is shipped) saying do not open till XX-NOV-06, I cant believe at least one person wont spill the beans casually. Same thing is happening with Smashing Pumpkins at the moment (slightly off subject but a valid point). They are recording a new album and there is confusion as to whom is in the band. I cant see how no-one has seen the band members turn up for rehearsal! How do bands keep it so quiet? I understand why things are hushed up on forums like this (the more popular ones) but the news must be floating around somewhere
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 11:02:42 AM »

I agree man its really wierd...But it will be more exciting to ta get it all at once I think

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Wando
Rocker

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 11:04:40 AM »

Axl has a homestudio, right? The mixing could be done there I guess.. And I have a feeling that it's not yet in pressing because if it was we'd know about it..

Keeping rehearslas secret is easy, IMO. Just think 'bout it, they could be held anywhere and if everyone comes alone people would recognize only Axl.. The rest of the guys could come with a bus, FFS.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 11:07:17 AM by Wando » Logged
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 11:06:55 AM »

i was thinking about that myself...its really really weird! i have friends that work in universal (no in the states) and noone knows a thing about CD. No one seems to know anything...this just cant be true...or maybe this is the best secret in the music history!

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
Rocksteady
Rocker

Fist in the air in the land of hipocrisy

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 11:07:42 AM »

Hopefully something will be revealed soon, We have waited long enough I believe ?peace

This   is   Democracy!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 11:09:24 AM »

Hey Guy's

? You know I have been thinking so much about this album and the "Mystique" and secrecy surrounding it. What's going on is soooooo weird....we can't talk about a article in a mag, then there is the Harley deal.

How can the GNR camp keep all this stuff so quiet. We heard from Andy Wallace that it is mixed....but that is all we hear, we don't even really know if it was done now or if it was done back in march.

How do these guy's work ? like you don't even hear or see a story like :

"today we caught up with Robin Fink leaving Electricladyland studios? where it is beleived that GNR are mixing CD with Andy Wallace (i.e)"

You don't see/hear anything from the band members let alone a pic from Axl leaving a studio where they would be working or for example it was said they are rehearsing for this lego of the tour....where ? rehearsels for a show this size usually are done in a hanger or factory, what the hell. How can no one know or discover whats going on ?.

If CD is comming out it must have artwork we know nothing about it really.

Christ ! the thing has to be fabricated, printing, pressed, you don't just make 2-3 million cd's in a basement somwhere...I mean these things are done worldwide its huge! cds for the states presed in the U.S of course but if you think about it cds in Canada get pressed mainly near Toronto, the U.K will have their own for sure. What about central Europe, Asia, Japan, Austr?lia South America. For Christ?s sake no one spills the beans ANYWHERE ?!

What about v?deo....if there is one, it had to be filmed somewhere....right ? it needed a director. Where was it edited and by whom ?

How is it that I cannot not know where Lindsey Lohan had coffee yesterday. But the GNR camp can manage to keep this wrapped up so airtight.

Maybe Merck and co. can?t book a tour to save their lives but sure as hell keeps a good secret.? Grin

For those of you going to the show.... have a good one !

1) On the paparazzi side....it's a good question. ?I have no idea how this kind of stuff is not making it "out there". ?I know Axl is a control freak when ?it comes to CD, but you would expect SOMETHING anecdotal to leak. ?But nothing. ?Odd, I grant you.

2) On the artwork...well, we do have some stuff. ?We have the picture that was originally up in Tokyo (the bike/wall/graffiti pic) and we have the recent rumors (there's a thread here, somewhere) about Craig Howell possibly doing artwork for CD. ?

3) On replication...you're right in that this is where a large number of leaks usually occur (here, and when giving review copies) but there are ways to limit them....higher security, double blind replication work, etc and there are things the label can do to "encourage" replication plants to make sure leaks are minimal. ?The fact that, if CD has hit replication, and we've not heard ANYTHING is, again, odd.

4) The video could be edited together from footage recorded during the Hammerstein shows and the Euro tour. ?Then it's only about editing it....and you'd only need one production house who, by nature of their profession, are pretty good at keeping mum about stuff.

I will agree, too, that it's interesting how good the "team" is at plugging leaks and keeping the whole thing quiet. ?They're better than some countries at keeping a lid on their "state secrets".

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Steel_Angel
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 11:14:37 AM »

control freak when ?it comes to CD, but you would expect SOMETHING anecdotal to leak. ?But nothing. ?Odd, I grant you.

2) On the artwork...well, we do have some stuff. ?We have the picture that was originally up in Tokyo (the bike/wall/graffiti pic) and we have the recent rumors (there's a thread here, somewhere) about Craig Howell possibly doing artwork for CD. ?

pilferk, the bike cover you are talking about is fan-made, nobody took a real picture of it in the show.
chriskon72
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 11:15:13 AM »

If someone were to tell someone that it is the pressing state that would "confirm" it is comming out, we would no longer need a official release.

07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 11:17:05 AM »

How the hell can no one know?

Easy..It's called "Gag orders"...Axl loves to hand them out. (Vh1 Behind the music anyone)

Hell, the album might not be done yet, I DON'T KNOW!!!

I gave up on all this craziness a while ago. ?When I try to make sense of all of it, I start to get a headache.

I just want the pain to stop.....
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 11:18:58 AM »

What you've wrote is so true.

It's like doing the greatest bank robbery ever or something without even being noticed.

(I'm just saying bank robbery because it's cool, not trying to say that the band stole something or anything like that peace)

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 11:20:16 AM »

It is all pretty fucked up but if we knew everything, what would be the fun in waiting for JUST an announcement on something. We don't know a release date, we don't know the first single yet, we haven't seen cover art, we don't know the tracklisting, we don't even know who will appear on the album besides the obvious people and we don't even know if this album will be as great as we ALL THINK it is going to be... alright, the album will kick fucking ass, that's obvious from what we've heard so far.  It does suck NEVER knowing when an announcement will come or even IF ONE is coming, it fucking sucks. But it's just another day in the life of a GN'R fan. We are all still here, aren't we??

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
chriskon72
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 11:23:37 AM »

no doubt

07.04.10 Figali, Panama
Midnight Gunner
Banned
Rocker

Ain't it fun?

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 11:24:08 AM »

We may be here but our sanity isn't....and besides, sadly, we have little to show for.

I sure hope this saga ends well....I hope we haven't been waiting for nothing.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 11:24:57 AM »

control freak when ?it comes to CD, but you would expect SOMETHING anecdotal to leak. ?But nothing. ?Odd, I grant you.

pilferk, the bike cover you are talking about is fan-made, nobody took a real picture of it in the show.

I've heard that...and I've heard otherwise.

And never seen proof in either direction.

Can you point me toward something concrete in either direction?

Thanks!

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
babydolls
VIP

Locomotive

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 11:28:04 AM »

damn right we are, lennonisgod! - and if it takes longer than the next 10 tuesdays - you can bet we'll all still be here!

It is a pure Hitchcock if ever there was a mystery. ?I think its great that there is so much mystique about it all. ?Sure, If I hadnt just had the summer from heaven with 5 GnR gigs amidst a highly succesful and amazing tour - I might be a little more "weathered" about it all.

I am constantly overexcited, waiting for news, checking album releases on websites, asking record stores - the suspense is massive. ?it certainly is a very different way of doing things in this day and age of My space-heres-the-music-before-we've-even-written-it ?! credit to them for going a different tack.

oh god I wish i was in florida.

Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: