Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:24:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227891 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shadow Of Your Love
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shadow Of Your Love  (Read 11922 times)
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »

Heres a list from wikipedia of all the unreleased GNR songs(ChiDem exluded hihi)

* Bring It Back Home is a song that was recorded during the Use Your Illusion sessions at Rumbo Recorders in Los Angeles, CA.

* Crash Diet is a song that was recorded during the G N' R Lies sessions at Rumbo Recorders in Los Angeles, CA.

* Just Another Sunday is a song that was recorded during the Use Your Illusion sessions at Rumbo Recorders in Los Angeles, CA.

* Jumpin' Jack Flash is a Rolling Stones song recorded by Guns N' Roses during the years leading up to and including the recording of Appetite for Destruction. It was recorded a few different times in different incarnations; a slow electric and acoustic version are available in the bootlegging community.

* Sentimental Movie is a song that was recorded during the Use Your Illusion sessions at Rumbo Recorders in Los Angeles, CA. It features bassist Duff McKagan on lead vocals.

slash sings sentimental movie.

Communist China
Banned
VIP

All the ladies are welcome to my jungle!

« Reply #61 on: March 05, 2007, 07:24:14 PM »

The only recording of Sentimental movie I've ever heard is sung by Duff.

that makes you a nut swinger. Deal with it.? ok
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2007, 07:26:24 PM »

Heres a list from wikipedia of all the unreleased GNR songs(ChiDem exluded hihi)

* Bring It Back Home is a song that was recorded during the Use Your Illusion sessions at Rumbo Recorders in Los Angeles, CA.

* Crash Diet is a song that was recorded during the G N' R Lies sessions at Rumbo Recorders in Los Angeles, CA.

* Just Another Sunday is a song that was recorded during the Use Your Illusion sessions at Rumbo Recorders in Los Angeles, CA.

* Jumpin' Jack Flash is a Rolling Stones song recorded by Guns N' Roses during the years leading up to and including the recording of Appetite for Destruction. It was recorded a few different times in different incarnations; a slow electric and acoustic version are available in the bootlegging community.

* Sentimental Movie is a song that was recorded during the Use Your Illusion sessions at Rumbo Recorders in Los Angeles, CA. It features bassist Duff McKagan on lead vocals.

Wrong. Those are all Pre-AFD era demos.

How are they pre-AFD demos? The only proper session they had before AFD was to record the LLAS tracks, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Heartbreak Hotel, Shadow Of Your Love, Don't Cry and very early versions of the Appetite songs. I'm fairly certain that they're UYI outtakes.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
darkmonth
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2007, 07:39:22 PM »

SLASH DID NOT SING SENTIMENTAL MOVIE.

Any good GnR fan knows that.  Listen to the voice.  It's CLEARLY Duff McKagan.

The linear notes in the CD that it's widely associated with (I own it) is WRONG.

Also, on the same CD, it says Slash sings a live version of It's So Easy.  Which is also untrue.  Slash did NOT sing.

Also, the guitarist on Sentimental Movie is also NOT Slash.  It's played by West Arkeen or Chris Webber.  I can't actually remember as it's been a while since I had that info, but I am telling you now... it's NOT Slash.

So many GnR fans have the wrong info because some of this shit is written into stupid bootleg CD's that are simply wrong.
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2007, 07:43:13 PM »

theres 2 people singing.I always assumed it was Slash and Duff

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2007, 07:43:40 PM »

^ me too.

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2007, 08:30:14 PM »

^ me too.
we're right man,screw twisted Grin

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2007, 08:50:24 PM »

is there a studio version of tastes good?

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2007, 08:57:42 PM »

dont think so Huh

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
darkmonth
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2007, 04:02:35 AM »

^ me too.
we're right man,screw twisted Grin

You're wrong.  Slash didn't even play guitar on it.  I read a Duff interview that confirmed what I was suspicious of.  Hell, that is blatantly not Slash's style.  Any GnR fan worth shit knows that.
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2007, 07:15:44 PM »

I do kind of agree with you..but do you have any actual proof?link or anything

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
darkmonth
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2007, 12:54:04 AM »

Ok ...

well, here's a question from Snakepit.org... Slash answers this one personally...

Olivier in Canada writes:
"Do you remember that demo song you did with GNR called "Sentimental Movie"? Any chance of seeing SLASH's Snakepit playing that song one day, live or in the studio? I think the solos on it were just incredible.

SLASH REPLY:
"I didn't have anything to do with "Sentimental Movie". Axl and West Arkeen plus maybe Izzy recorded that one night when we were all hanging out at "Hell House". That's a house we all used to squat at. I can't remember if I put a solo on it or not. But, no, Snakepit will never play that song. I don't even remember how it went it was so long ago."

Ok... so, coupled with the fact that Slash says he didn't have anything to do with it, and can't remember playing on it ... AND the fact that I saw Duff say that Slash didn't play on it ... I think that's solid enough.  Smiley
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2007, 03:18:52 PM »

agreed!!!!

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
ChrisPittman
Banned
Rocker

There Was a Time

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2007, 04:42:26 PM »

Its also on a Japanese live EP, that was released on CD, but personally I think its a dreadful song. Axl was asked about it during a radio show by a fan in 1990, and the response he gave was far from flattering as far as I remember

June 6th 06 @ RDS, Dublin, Ireland
July 29th 06 @ Wembley Arena, London, England
markpeterhughes73
Headliner

Waiting, waiting, waiting some more... Chin Dem?

« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2007, 05:44:27 PM »

Shadow of your love - I remember this, was a good track years ago but shite today.  Should have been on the Lies EP but guess not.  Whole Lotta Rosie was another B-Side if I remember rightly, ah those were the days!
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2007, 09:23:56 PM »

This is something I've put together over the years and it'll give you an idea of what's been recorded over the years:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/misc/recordingsessions.html

Down On The Street (The Stooges cover, recorded for "The Spaghetti Incident?") [unreleased]

/jarmo

Could anyone post a link to  Down On the Street?  i had no idea they covered this
thanks
Ganja4Life
Banned
VIP

Peace,Love,Guns N' Roses

« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2007, 10:09:44 PM »

Ok ...

well, here's a question from Snakepit.org... Slash answers this one personally...

Olivier in Canada writes:
"Do you remember that demo song you did with GNR called "Sentimental Movie"? Any chance of seeing SLASH's Snakepit playing that song one day, live or in the studio? I think the solos on it were just incredible.

SLASH REPLY:
"I didn't have anything to do with "Sentimental Movie". Axl and West Arkeen plus maybe Izzy recorded that one night when we were all hanging out at "Hell House". That's a house we all used to squat at. I can't remember if I put a solo on it or not. But, no, Snakepit will never play that song. I don't even remember how it went it was so long ago."

Ok... so, coupled with the fact that Slash says he didn't have anything to do with it, and can't remember playing on it ... AND the fact that I saw Duff say that Slash didn't play on it ... I think that's solid enough.? Smiley

alrighty man thanks peace  just wanted a lil bit of actual proof you know hihi

oh well..still an awesome song Smiley

Hi,my name's Dakota
I like Guns N' Roses
They're my favorite band
Megaguns
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2007, 07:23:49 AM »

One of the best gnr songs from the AFD sessions, Why was  it was never put on an album.........  no
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2007, 09:23:04 AM »

On the It's so easy/ Mr Brownstone single, which if I believe correctly was their first single and was only released on vinyl.

You can check the 'releases' section on the HTGTH website.

I have Mr. Brownstone on a Tape single still sealed.

-Larry
Mr. Redman
Resident Indian
Legend

« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2007, 11:22:18 PM »

Wrong. Those are all Pre-AFD era demos.

How are they pre-AFD demos? The only proper session they had before AFD was to record the LLAS tracks, Jumpin' Jack Flash, Heartbreak Hotel, Shadow Of Your Love, Don't Cry and very early versions of the Appetite songs. I'm fairly certain that they're UYI outtakes.

The only known proper session was the LLAS one. We don't know every lil' session that they did. And, got the info from John M n' a few others.

One half of Rock n' Rolls Cheech & Chong.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: