Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 08:57:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227888 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The La's / Lee Mavers
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The La's / Lee Mavers  (Read 1767 times)
Gordi
« on: August 01, 2006, 08:59:57 AM »

The La's... now these guys were (are?) great. One album and they're gone. People have been waiting for new stuff for years, but to no avail. What do you think of them? If you've not heard any of their music I strongly suggest taking a listen.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 05:13:05 PM »

They did return (or atleast the frontman did) for a tour recently and there was some new material tossed about

Bascially the guy decided to do an Axl and vanish - but it only works if people knew who u were to begin with!

'There she goes' is one of the greatest tunes ever written, and what a riff! (And its OBVIOUSLY about heroin - i love the way the radio's play it as a love song hihi)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 09:43:08 PM »

Mavers is a master at writing pop songs, and their album is horribly overlooked, and deserves alot more attention than it's gotten.  Entertainment Weekly ran a story on Mavers within the past year, as he was gearing up to keep recording and give it another go.  Apparently, that didn't work out so well...
Gordi
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 11:11:36 PM »

They did return (or atleast the frontman did) for a tour recently and there was some new material tossed about

Bascially the guy decided to do an Axl and vanish - but it only works if people knew who u were to begin with!

'There she goes' is one of the greatest tunes ever written, and what a riff! (And its OBVIOUSLY about heroin - i love the way the radio's play it as a love song hihi)

Yeah, remember when that christian rock group covered it? lol  hihi

I've heard that Mavers has been re-recording the album... it's a shame because that was a masterpiece, but apparently he didn't like the production.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 09:52:55 AM »

What we need is a new supergroup featuring Mavers, Brian Wilson, and Axl Rose.? ?Any other obsessive, reclusive, or troubled genius-perfectionists I'm forgetting?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 10:51:03 AM by bazgnr » Logged
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 09:30:04 PM »

Also, if anyone's interested, iTunes has the whole album for $5.99 right now...not bad.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: