Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:31:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Fascism on the board
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fascism on the board  (Read 33439 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« on: September 27, 2005, 09:22:59 AM »

The things i've read in the jungle section today have left me feeling sick. The jungle always was a curious mixture of insight and insanity but I really feel things have gone too far.

I wouldn't expect to see such far-right views on an Aryan Nation board, I'm not sure such views should be allowed a public airing. It seems a group of far right posters have recently joined the board, and I begin to wonder how many more they will bring with them in the coming weeks.

Are there plans underway to reclaim the board for serious debate?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2005, 09:28:03 AM »

Yeah, there are a few people who I'm currently "watching". Let's just say their opinions tend to be "conservative".

I don't care about their "we need free speech" posts. Their hate filled posts make me sick. I never intended this board to be a place where only "normal white church going heterosexual" GN'R fans could post.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2005, 10:10:34 AM »

This shit has to stop indeed, some people here have no business posting on HTGTH.

Axls Locomotive
VIP

Peelin' the bitch off my back

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2005, 03:48:13 PM »

id be glad to see the back of any of these bigoted posters...

""Of all the small nations of this earth, perhaps only the ancient Greeks surpass the Scots in their contribution to mankind"
(Winston Churchill)"
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 04:51:26 PM »

Me too The IQ of MacMau.
Me not frequent in the jungle too noticed it. Why the sudden inflation of those evil servants?
It's not only here.
That kind of "conservative" idea won't conserve anything but destroys.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 05:12:48 PM »

Many people have strong oppinions. Some people just dont have the decency to keep some nasty things to themselves, which shows there upbringing and respect for others if bad.

html sucks
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 05:51:11 PM »

Yeah, there are a few people who I'm currently "watching". Let's just say their opinions tend to be "conservative".

I don't care about their "we need free speech" posts. Their hate filled posts make me sick. I never intended this board to be a place where only "normal white church going heterosexual" GN'R fans could post.

/jarmo

Since I'm the only one who's made a recent free speech post (that I'm aware of) exactly which one of my views are filled with hate and should be on an aryan nation board.? My economic views are extremely conservative, but my social views are extremely loose or liberal- ie libertarian.? Maybe you weren't mentioning me, but I'd like to know what I'm being watched for.? Is defending capitalism and some conservative beliefs against board policy?? I'm not trying to be a dickhead, I just seriously want some clarification here.? I haven't noticed any hate posts as Izzy suggests, but if they really do exists I don't want to be associated with them.? However, I don't believe being a traditional Christian (which I am not) and holding traditional beliefs on morality defines someone as hateful or biggoted.? Regardless, it's your board, I'd just like to know who's shit list I'm on and why.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2005, 05:56:53 PM by Guns N RockMusic » Logged
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 05:06:57 AM »

/jarmo

Since I'm the only one who's made a recent free speech post (that I'm aware of) exactly which one of my views are filled with hate and should be on an aryan nation board.? My economic views are extremely conservative, but my social views are extremely loose or liberal- ie libertarian.? Maybe you weren't mentioning me, but I'd like to know what I'm being watched for.? Is defending capitalism and some conservative beliefs against board policy?? I'm not trying to be a dickhead, I just seriously want some clarification here.? I haven't noticed any hate posts as Izzy suggests, but if they really do exists I don't want to be associated with them.? However, I don't believe being a traditional Christian (which I am not) and holding traditional beliefs on morality defines someone as hateful or biggoted.? Regardless, it's your board, I'd just like to know who's shit list I'm on and why.

As I read this morning you quit reading the Jungle. I for one couldn't post down there in a real debate for at least two days because things are really too absurd. Racism, acceptance of torture, bigotry ... and it's only 3 or 4 posters that are really disturbing - some of them are newbies that came from nowhere.

The force ... the force ...
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2005, 09:00:20 AM »

I for one couldn't post down there in a real debate for at least two days because things are really too absurd. Racism, acceptance of torture, bigotry ... and it's only 3 or 4 posters that are really disturbing - some of them are newbies that came from nowhere.

But don't you think the best way to try and stop it is to speak up and tell them how unacceptable you feel it is? Otherwise they will get arrogant and continue. Just the way I see it.
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2005, 09:14:17 AM »

I for one couldn't post down there in a real debate for at least two days because things are really too absurd. Racism, acceptance of torture, bigotry ... and it's only 3 or 4 posters that are really disturbing - some of them are newbies that came from nowhere.

But don't you think the best way to try and stop it is to speak up and tell them how unacceptable you feel it is? Otherwise they will get arrogant and continue. Just the way I see it.

Yes ! I've just answered in one of the threads but it's rather because it drives me mad to read such nonsense but again I don't think answering with valid points will improve the whole thing as they will come up with more nonsense and hatred.

The force ... the force ...
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2005, 09:15:52 AM »

Yes ! I've just answered in one of the threads but it's rather because it drives me mad to read such nonsense but again I don't think answering with valid points will improve the whole thing as they will come up with more nonsense and hatred.

That's cos they know they're losing!  ok
SLCPUNK
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2005, 02:13:45 PM »

That's cos they know they're losing!  ok

My theory is that may of them get angry from other debates they lose and come back (fresh and new) to entice and anger people with their comments. It is a way to create anger on the board and in a sense they "win", since they get attention and make people upset. Most of the "newbies" IMO have probably been around for a while before this bombardment of lunacy as of late. Basically it shows the true mind behind the right wing agenda: hate. Plain and simple, once everything is stripped away, and no argument is left, there is nothing but hate and anger behind these posters. Hence the racist, bigot filled threads we see here lately.
Jamie
VIP

« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2005, 03:19:22 PM »

That's cos they know they're losing!? ok

My theory is that may of them get angry from other debates they lose and come back (fresh and new) to entice and anger people with their comments. It is a way to create anger on the board and in a sense they "win", since they get attention and make people upset. Most of the "newbies" IMO have probably been around for a while before this bombardment of lunacy as of late. Basically it shows the true mind behind the right wing agenda: hate. Plain and simple, once everything is stripped away, and no argument is left, there is nothing but hate and anger behind these posters. Hence the racist, bigot filled threads we see here lately.

Yeah I've noticed that, they're just angry little people I suppose!

Oh and on a side note, I've just come up with an idea, I don't know if it'll work but I don't see why Jarmo couldn't give it a try. Seein as many of the members stay away from the Jungle due to the heated political debate, there could be a little political sub-section in the Jungle, like the VR on Tour section in the VR area; where only politics are allowed to be discussed and political talk is not allowed elsewhere. That way those who want to steer clear of political debate can and those who want to discuss politics have somewhere to do it. Just a thought.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 04:10:29 PM by Jamie » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2005, 04:57:33 PM »

Basically it shows the true mind behind the right wing agenda: hate. Plain and simple, once everything is stripped away, and no argument is left, there is nothing but hate and anger behind these posters. Hence the racist, bigot filled threads we see here lately.

Careful there SLC - u begin to sound like they do 'oh the left/right are (insert daft sterotype)'

Also ur post could be mistaken for bragging - 'oh my political affilitation is better'

What they were saying wasn't a political matter, is was a matter of basic human decency

These peoples views are fascist - such views are neither right or left (as deep down fascism reflects extremes of both), it would be a mistake to claim their views reflect on centre-right politics.

Most left wing and right wing views are honourable. However there are many...'republicans' here who need to think about what they say about homosexuality and various ethnic groups or be forcefully reminded where decency ends and fascism begins

« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 05:01:53 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2005, 06:19:04 PM »

Basically it shows the true mind behind the right wing agenda: hate. Plain and simple, once everything is stripped away, and no argument is left, there is nothing but hate and anger behind these posters. Hence the racist, bigot filled threads we see here lately.

Careful there SLC - u begin to sound like they do 'oh the left/right are (insert daft sterotype)'

Also ur post could be mistaken for bragging - 'oh my political affilitation is better'

What they were saying wasn't a political matter, is was a matter of basic human decency

These peoples views are fascist - such views are neither right or left (as deep down fascism reflects extremes of both), it would be a mistake to claim their views reflect on centre-right politics.

Most left wing and right wing views are honourable. However there are many...'republicans' here who need to think about what they say about homosexuality and various ethnic groups or be forcefully reminded where decency ends and fascism begins

No bragging. There is pond scum on both sides.

The only point I was trying to make was that the same (not all) people that were for the war, once everything was peeled away, also held these beliefs (that is bigotry).

I have never heard of any left wing nut jobs that were anti gay, black, whatever...
POPmetal
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2005, 08:54:18 PM »

I sure am glad I don't live in a country where any of you tolerant people hold any "power"

If your statements here are any indication, you would rationalize that almost everyone who disagrees with you is a fascist and shut them down in the name of "tolerance"? confused

Attack me all you want, but deep down inside you know I'm right.

GOD BLESS THE USA and the writers of our constitution who made sure that in at least one place on this planet, people like you will NEVER have the upper hand.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 09:04:45 PM by popmetal » Logged
SLCPUNK
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2005, 10:00:06 PM »

I sure am glad I don't live in a country where any of you tolerant people hold any "power"

Your "people" are in power now, and look at what a mess we have here before us.

Not only a mess, but a mess unlike any other, on a worldwide scale costing thousands of lives, and billions of dollars all while accomplishing nothing.

The people who wrote the Constitution are probably rolling in their graves as we speak. Since we've butchered everything USA stands for and turned into in only something Orwell could dream up.

POPmetal
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2005, 10:23:32 PM »

Not only a mess, but a mess unlike any other, on a worldwide scale costing thousands of lives, and billions of dollars all while accomplishing nothing.

The people who wrote the Constitution are probably rolling in their graves as we speak. Since we've butchered everything USA stands for and turned into in only something Orwell could dream up.

If this rant didn't come from a person who refuses to acknowledge any evidence that contradicts his world view, it might matter.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2005, 10:38:05 PM »

If this rant didn't come from a person who refuses to acknowledge any evidence that contradicts his world view, it might matter.

If I ever saw real evidence I would consider it.....
POPmetal
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2005, 10:41:56 PM »

If I ever saw real evidence I would consider it.....

Yeah, keep deluding yourself about the reality of that "civil war" al qaeda declared in Iraq. I mean, I'm talking to a man who uses al Qaeda as a source of information Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: