Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:17:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  censorship
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: censorship  (Read 44988 times)
EFISH
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 11:33:41 AM »

I admit to not being here to see all this, but I cant see why you guys are getting so agitated.... I mean, we just got the release date from AXL's MOUTH!  Shocked

flicknn
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2006, 11:36:36 AM »

I admit to not being here to see all this, but I cant see why you guys are getting so agitated.... I mean, we just got the release date from AXL's MOUTH!  Shocked

this thread is about the deletion of the merc letter censorship , not axl . And if you didn't hear Axl personally say this stuff then you have to grab it with a grain of salt.

I didnt hear axl say anything personally from his mouth
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2006, 11:37:41 AM »

I admit to not being here to see all this, but I cant see why you guys are getting so agitated.... I mean, we just got the release date from AXL's MOUTH!? Shocked

Like the 06 promise you mean? rofl

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2006, 11:38:36 AM »

I admit to not being here to see all this, but I cant see why you guys are getting so agitated.... I mean, we just got the release date from AXL's MOUTH!? Shocked

No, we got a TENTATIVE Date.

However - even my discussion about what TENTATIVE really means (since it's misunderstood) was forbidden. ?

I wasn't bashing Axl, or the band or anyone else. ?Just trying to discuss the Axl letter in the Axl thread and that's not allowed. ? Not unless it's a "praise Axl".

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2006, 11:39:09 AM »

this thread is about the deletion of the merc letter censorship , not axl

It was removed so get over it. They obviously have a reason why they dont want it posted so why bother arguing and bitching  about it? What do you think it will accomplish?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2006, 11:40:29 AM »

It was removed so get over it. They obviously have a reason why they dont want it posted so why bother arguing and bitching? about it? What do you think it will accomplish?

Nothing, except getting to vent.

But an explanation would be nice though.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2006, 11:42:00 AM »

I am going to vent here as well.  I think Merck's letter is very informational and filled with nothing but praise for Axl and the band and can see no logical reason for it not to be here.  Anyone who actually has read it has to agree with this.
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2006, 11:42:16 AM »

It was removed so get over it. They obviously have a reason why they dont want it posted so why bother arguing and bitching? about it? What do you think it will accomplish?

This used to be a GNR discussion forum. ? And it IS GNR related.

What leaks??
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2006, 11:44:10 AM »

So why are you deleting posts about mercks letter? makes no sense

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2006, 11:44:59 AM »

I am going to vent here as well.? I think Merck's letter is very informational and filled with nothing but praise for Axl and the band and can see no logical reason for it not to be here.? Anyone who actually has read it has to agree with this.

I'm sure most of us do. I don't know, sometimes I get the feeling this site is run by people on a paycheck instead of fans. I know it's not, but some of the things that are happening here just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2006, 11:45:32 AM »

It was removed so get over it. They obviously have a reason why they dont want it posted so why bother arguing and bitching  about it? What do you think it will accomplish?

This used to be a GNR discussion forum.   And it IS GNR related.

Where did I say anything about that? Read what  I said again because you obviously don't understand what i meant.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2006, 11:46:43 AM »

So what's your personal opinion on this ChineseBlues?

I'm asking cause you seem to be one of the few supporters of their policy. Guess I just wanna pick your brain a little smoking

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2006, 11:46:53 AM »

Sorry, guess I didn't put the dots close enough together.

What leaks??
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

Here Today...No CD Tomorrow

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2006, 11:47:32 AM »

First of all, we got a 'tentative' release date that we hope it will be out by.

Second, Merck's statements elude to some possible issues with Axl (I like how Merck refers to the muse as "her") being unavailable to work on the album when recording sessions were scheduled and that the NA tour continued as a cash-grab so they could afford to keep working on CD, which has been speculated before. Now can I be sure that Merck isn't lying - no. Can I be sure that everything in Axl's statement is true - no. If Axl's statement deserves the benefit of the doubt, I can't see why Merck's doesn't also.

And third, I JUST GOT NEGATIVE KARMA!!!! ?Shocked ? I've done way more good for this band than I've done harm. I talk them up to friends that just roll their eyes back at me. I tell people how phenominal the new album is gonna be when it is released before the end of the year. I invite friends and relatives to the shows that normally wouldn't attend. And I've given free promo to this site by wearing my personalized HTGTH shirt to the Cleveland show.

Uuuuuuuuugggggghhhhhh!
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2006, 11:49:00 AM »

I am going to vent here as well.? I think Merck's letter is very informational and filled with nothing but praise for Axl and the band and can see no logical reason for it not to be here.? Anyone who actually has read it has to agree with this.

I'm sure most of us do. I don't know, sometimes I get the feeling this site is run by people on a paycheck instead of fans. I know it's not, but some of the things that are happening here just doesn't make any sense to me at all.

Well, I usually agree with the things that get deleted I just really have to say I don't agree with this at all. ?The letter gives a real insight into what went on this past tour regarding the record and the record company and I think fans on here would like to read it. ?
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2006, 11:49:28 AM »

(I like how Merck refers to the muse as "her")

Well, that is the correct way of refering it.

destry rides again
Global Moderator
Rocker

to find my wooden leg

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2006, 11:50:25 AM »

Second, Merck's statements elude to some possible issues with Axl (I like how Merck refers to the muse as "her") being unavailable to work on the album when recording sessions were scheduled and that the NA tour continued as a cash-grab so they could afford to keep working on CD, which has been speculated before. Now can I be sure that Merck isn't lying - no. Can I be sure that everything in Axl's statement is true - no. If Axl's statement deserves the benefit of the doubt, I can't see why Merck's doesn't also.

And third, I JUST GOT NEGATIVE KARMA!!!!  Shocked   I've done way more good for this band than I've done harm. I talk them up to friends that just roll their eyes back at me. I tell people how phenominal the new album is gonna be when it is released before the end of the year. I invite friends and relatives to the shows that normally wouldn't attend. And I've given free promo to this site by wearing my personalized HTGTH shirt to the Cleveland show.

Uuuuuuuuugggggghhhhhh!

You got negative karma not because of a lack of support for the band. You got it for one of the posts you made, and I'm sure you know which one.

04/16/93 11/27/02 12/05/02 12/06/02x 05/12/06 05/15/06 05/17/06 11/05/06 11/10/06 11/13/06 02/11/10 11/17/11 11/19/11 11/20/11 11/26/11 02/10/12 02/12/12 2/15/12 2/24/12 2/27/12 6/5/13 6/6/13
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2006, 11:51:40 AM »

I understand that the idea of a muse would be of a woman, but the way it was used to refer to Axl, I found a bit ammusing.
hackvresse
Rocker

I'm God

« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2006, 11:52:11 AM »

so please explain why you delete these posts about the letter?

maybe we'd be better off without you anyway
JimBobJoeJackJr
Headliner

« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2006, 11:53:41 AM »

And third, I JUST GOT NEGATIVE KARMA!!!!? Shocked? ?I've done way more good for this band than I've done harm. I talk them up to friends that just roll their eyes back at me. I tell people how phenominal the new album is gonna be when it is released before the end of the year. I invite friends and relatives to the shows that normally wouldn't attend. And I've given free promo to this site by wearing my personalized HTGTH shirt to the Cleveland show.

Uuuuuuuuugggggghhhhhh!

You got negative karma not because of a lack of support for the band. You got it for one of the posts you made, and I'm sure you know which one.

Yeah, I know which one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: