Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 12:29:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  VR section
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR section  (Read 41325 times)
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 01:14:12 AM »

Just when u think it can't get any worse.................................

Well leave, quit your bitching and get over it.

THIS is a GUNS N' ROSES site, not a Velvet Revolver hooligan hang out!

Great quote, there!  hihi hihi  Well, I guess I could be included as a "hooligan"!  (A hooligan?!?)  But, I have learned (I hope) to have respect, because I do like this site.  I do understand the administration and where it's coming from. 
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 01:56:13 AM »

Let me preface this by saying that I am a VR fan. It was the logical thing to do; It should have been there from the start.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2007, 02:23:08 AM »

No biggie.

Fuck 'Em All.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 02:27:10 AM »

Let me preface this by saying that I am a VR fan. It was the logical thing to do; It should have been there from the start.
Exactly.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2007, 02:29:24 AM »

If I had any clue as to who the fuck u even are, maybe I'd get offended by your statement.

I just find it to be bullshit that guys who have helped make GNR the legendary band they are today get pushed to a Sub board when they use to be celebrated around here.

People can swallow whatever kool aid they want but without 2 of those guys in VR, this forum wouldn't exist.

Its just the principle of it all and leads to the belief that this board is further doing nothing but tryin to please Axl instead of being a subjective place for GNR fans to gather and discuss.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SLCPUNK
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2007, 02:33:24 AM »

If I had any clue as to who the fuck u even are, maybe I'd get offended by your statement.

Uh...you know who it is.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2007, 03:09:23 AM »

I just find it to be bullshit that guys who have helped make GNR the legendary band they are today get pushed to a Sub board when they use to be celebrated around here.

People can swallow whatever kool aid they want but without 2 of those guys in VR, this forum wouldn't exist.

Its just the principle of it all and leads to the belief that this board is further doing nothing but tryin to please Axl instead of being a subjective place for GNR fans to gather and discuss.

if VR deserve a board on the main page, then so does Izzy and so does Stevens' Appetite or whatever the fuck he calls his band.   It all fits much nicer in the ex-gunners section.   If I really want a place dedicated to VR, I'm pretty sure they have an official board.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2007, 03:17:17 AM »

^I think I have gained a whole new respect for you.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2007, 03:32:04 AM »

I think the reason VR has its own board is pretty much that they are an active group with some success. The fact that they're active and present in media also doing interviews and such means that more people want to talk about them. And there's actually some news to talk about.

Other members are not so active, and do not get as much coverage so it is only natural to group them all into one board and not have 5 subboards with 1-5 topics each.

I really don't mind the VR-section. What I do mind is people's attitudes towards one group or ?the other... YES, this is the new GN'R, deal with it... And YES, the new wouldn't exist without the old, deal with it... They're both valid arguments. But can we _please_ as humans try to fucking move on. I really don't know how people can find the energy to whine and bitch about the same topics year after year. It seems like by having a VR section (never mind whether it exists as a main-, or a subforum,) something gets taken away from the people who only like the new GN'R.

I don't think that moving the board as a subsection is making things worse. In fact I believe it is the right thing to do. But it does make me wonder why some people don't like the idea of having a piece of the board for discussing an active group that has 3 ex-members. I believe for fans like me who like both bands, it's a hell of a lot easier not having to register to a few forums when I can talk about the bands that I like with the people on this board. I don't know if I'm getting older or what the deal is, but I sometimes think that the board used to be a lot more mature in some ways.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2007, 03:46:31 AM »

I think the reason VR has its own board is pretty much that they are an active group with some success. The fact that they're active and present in media also doing interviews and such means that more people want to talk about them. And there's actually some news to talk about.

Other members are not so active, and do not get as much coverage so it is only natural to group them all into one board and not have 5 subboards with 1-5 topics each.

I really don't mind the VR-section. What I do mind is people's attitudes towards one group or ?the other... YES, this is the new GN'R, deal with it... And YES, the new wouldn't exist without the old, deal with it... They're both valid arguments. But can we _please_ as humans try to fucking move on. I really don't know how people can find the energy to whine and bitch about the same topics year after year. It seems like by having a VR section (never mind whether it exists as a main-, or a subforum,) something gets taken away from the people who only like the new GN'R.

I don't think that moving the board as a subsection is making things worse. In fact I believe it is the right thing to do. But it does make me wonder why some people don't like the idea of having a piece of the board for discussing an active group that has 3 ex-members. I believe for fans like me who like both bands, it's a hell of a lot easier not having to register to a few forums when I can talk about the bands that I like with the people on this board. I don't know if I'm getting older or what the deal is, but I sometimes think that the board used to be a lot more mature in some ways.

I agree with everything u said but could u imagine this place if everyone agreed and got a long......... hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 04:03:35 AM »

I really don't mind the VR-section. What I do mind is people's attitudes towards one group or  the other... YES, this is the new GN'R, deal with it... And YES, the new wouldn't exist without the old, deal with it... They're both valid arguments. But can we _please_ as humans try to fucking move on. I really don't know how people can find the energy to whine and bitch about the same topics year after year. It seems like by having a VR section (never mind whether it exists as a main-, or a subforum,) something gets taken away from the people who only like the new GN'R.

Here here, (takes a big drink of Ky liquor)beerbeer

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 05:08:59 AM »

I get your drift but, Slash and Duff didn't make Axl's voice what it is did they?? hihi
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 05:15:57 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 05:14:12 AM »

Quit it, stop this shit right now. lock this thread

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 09:28:32 AM »

you can thank jimbob mainly for this change to the forum ways.

html sucks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2007, 09:46:33 AM »

Nope. Not at all.

Everybody can thank you.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2007, 09:54:11 AM »

Thank you Jim Bob and mrlee

everybody satisfied now? Tongue
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2007, 09:54:45 AM »

Nope. Not at all.

/jarmo

sure ok.

jarmo i think you need to do some thinking about your website and your forums.

Its labelled a guns n roses fansite. Its one of the biggest, there was a reason for that.

Back in 2004 i was getting heavily into guns n roses, i googled them and at the time there site was dead, so i saw this and how active it was the site provided a great deal of information on what happened to gnr and all members involved, past and new. For ages after watching a bootleg of gnr with buckethead i thought they were a load of shit and freaks and wanted old gnr to reform. However as the new line ups came out 2006 and leaks came out i got into gnr2007, saw them live and had a blast, i liked the way the forum everyone had oppinions and there wasnt any bias, moderators sorted arguments out fairly. So because of the tolerance and open mindedness of the place, you got another fan into the 2007 gnr, isnt that what this place is about?

Now everyones biased just because you had a moment of fame touring with guns and now anyone who has an oppinion which in any way isnt that of your own or axls its a big deal.

The forum was popular for open mindedness and acceptance of all fans of all gnr line ups.

notice many people are deleting accounts? because of your change in policies around here are ridiculous, your "if you dont like it then fuck off you're not welcome" statements put people off what was once a great forum and website. 

If anyone agrees with me please state in this forum or in a pm to jarmo, maybe it will kick some sense into him and wake him up again.

html sucks
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2007, 10:09:20 AM »

Obviously you don't get it.

Did you ever think that the board has changed because things have changed?

Maybe I could understand some of the frustrations in 2005 when nothing was going on with GN'R.

Then 2006 came and some of those people, not all of them, were still fucking whining.

It's like in 2005 it was "why can't they tour like everybody else?  crying ". So we get two tours in 2006 and it becomes "why are they playing these songs?  crying ".

At some point you have to either let these people keep bringing everybody else down or you just put an end to it.

So I did what people like you dislike, because I'm not allowing you the platform for your senseless whining anymore, I decided I've had enough.

I decided I've had enough of people whining about things happening at concerts on other continents and things that happened ten years ago.

All this has been going on for more than just a few weeks.

I'm not gonna pretend to love Velvet Revolver to get a bunch of VR fans to register here. I'm not gonna start a new old GN'R section to get people who live in the past to register.

I just do what I've always done. Since day one. Do what feels right.

Explain this so called fame thing.

I still don't assume people know about this site or me and I get surprised when I hear somebody say they visit it.

You make it sound like I should be ashamed for spending my savings on traveling wherever GN'R are playing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2007, 10:13:37 AM »

ive never complained about guns n roses current set list. nor did i complain about axl making me wait hours overtime for a show despite him having a ban of people taking there own drinks in because of fear of people throwing them onstage so we all died from heat waiting. i didnt care about that, i just wanted the show, i got the show.

my issue here, is the sudden change of ways which are frankly ridiculous in which people who are more fans of gnr line up 86 to 94 are looked to be lesser than that of people who bum  gnr2007 and discredit the older line ups. Because some people preffer slash doesnt mean they dislike gnr2007.

html sucks
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2007, 10:15:08 AM »

Nope. Not at all.

/jarmo

If anyone agrees with me please state in this forum or in a pm to jarmo, maybe it will kick some sense into him and wake him up again.

It?s useless... I?ve tried but it?s just useless...

For the first time since I joined this board I?m joining another one.

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: