Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 10:28:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Mods (you, too, Jarmo) - lets settle this. (aka: Bias is fun, isn't it?)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mods (you, too, Jarmo) - lets settle this. (aka: Bias is fun, isn't it?)  (Read 42054 times)
Chris Misfit
« Reply #160 on: October 19, 2003, 10:57:25 AM »

even had my neighbor who was over read it.  

What are you like? hihi
darknemus
I lost my threads and all I got was this lousy title
Legend

A true fan - no, not that 'truefan' (where is he?)

« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2003, 11:08:17 AM »

Umm,

Like a guy who's home is always open to his neighbors, friends, and family?  I cant blame him for wanting to be here, anyways - he gets to watch the Dolphins game on a 65" TV - I'd go somewhere if I could do that.  Besides, he brought beer - so now, Greece doesn't have to buy me any.

-darknemus

It's not how you're thinking, or as you've imagined
To live in a shade of beliefs that were fashioned
to leave you in slavery and drain out your soul....
Thumper
Catwoman eh!
Legend

The wolf's clear, intelligent eyes brushed mine.

« Reply #162 on: October 19, 2003, 11:32:14 AM »

I recall that Danny had his neighbor over to read the board with him too...wow!  What a coincidence.

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2003, 11:41:53 AM »

I recall that Danny had his neighbor over to read the board with him too...wow!  What a coincidence.

Cat, you poor, ignorant individual..

My neighbor is here as he is on most Sundays to watch football and just chill out.  He asked me what I was up to, so I showed him that section of Greece's post, and asked him to show me what was opinion in it.  He said, and I quote "doesn't look like opinion except for the dark ages part - but that's just you, because you're a sarcastic prick'

Tell you what, Cat, why dont you stop attacking the messenger for once and try to tackle the message, provided you can wrap your feline cerebelleum around such complicated matters.

This thread is about what's wrong with the closing of that thread - nothing more.  I love how you guys can't pick apart the logic because you basically lack the ability to, so you break it down to 'haha I can imply that dark is Danny haha look at me haha I am funny and I meow haha'

Why don't you open your fucking eyes for once and try to be a bit less biased and a bit more true with yourself, as well as your loyal little following here.  You know what really fucking cracks me up about your post?

I'M THE ONE WHO OUTED DANNY BY HIS OWN WORDS AND SHOWED YOU GUYS YOU WERE BEING FUCKED WITH BY SOME LITTLE PANTYWAIST DWEEB WITH AN AGENDA

Jeeez, the guy said, like right there, in black and white "ha, these people are idiots I'm gonna make up fake rumors and fuck with them" - And I swear to god, if the gnfr.com thread had been started by him, it'd still be open.

Now how fucked up is that?

And you tell me there's no bias?

Try doing that without smirking, next time.

-darknemus

Thumper
Catwoman eh!
Legend

The wolf's clear, intelligent eyes brushed mine.

« Reply #164 on: October 19, 2003, 11:46:53 AM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=10;action=display;threadid=6

To make your stay here as pleasant as possible, you should follow these simple guidelines / rules:

General:

It's not cool to insult other members of this board!

Posts that only attack another poster without any contribution to the discussion aren't allowed. Anyone consistently attacking other board members will be banned.

darknemus
Legend

« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2003, 11:49:26 AM »

Quote your rules all you want.  I didn't insult you, I pointed out what you said and my opinions on it.  Sorry if your sensitivities were affected.  Perhaps a trimming back of the whiskers is in order.

See what I mean about not being able to actually address a point in a post?  You can't, so you cower behind the allmighty rulebook.

Want to have me banned - go for it.  The words that I've said will continue their sting long after I fade away, trust me.

-darknemus

Chris Misfit
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2003, 11:49:36 AM »

And I swear to god, if the gnfr.com thread had been started by him, it'd still be open.

Prove it.
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #167 on: October 19, 2003, 11:52:31 AM »

Prove it.

Impossible given the current parameters.  Equally impossible for you to prove it wouldn't be.  Therefore it's a push.

-darknemus
« Last Edit: October 19, 2003, 11:54:37 AM by darknemus » Logged

Chris Misfit
« Reply #168 on: October 19, 2003, 12:16:49 PM »

Then why bring it up?

"Oh woah is me, everybody hates Dark, it's a worldwide conspiracy against him, boo-fucking-hoo"
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #169 on: October 19, 2003, 12:20:22 PM »

Then why bring it up?

"Oh woah is me, everybody hates Dark, it's a worldwide conspiracy against him, boo-fucking-hoo"

Why bring up cricket?

"Oh woah is me, everybody hates Cricket, it's a worldwide conspiracy against its acceptance a legitimate sport, boo-fucking-hoo"

I brought it up because it was relevant - I'm assuming you did the same with Cricket..given the way some of you guys seem to think.

-darknemus

Laura
I'm not cute!!!
VIP

Swallow Choke And Die

« Reply #170 on: October 19, 2003, 12:26:13 PM »

ok so ive read all 9 pages of this thread and here is what i have to say...

First off i think this thread is absolutly pointless... u know in a hockey game when a ref makes a call and no one likes it well too fuckin bad! people can yell at him call him names and disagree but the fact is the ref is not going to change his mind. Same case here... we got ur point that u want the thread open like on page 1! i never read the GNFR thread... didnt interest me... so i dont know if it should be opened or not... that isnt my point here

i think u just need to get over it Dark and anyone else who wants it open... things hapen in life that people dont like... worse things are happening in the world than ur thread being locked... use ur time maybe to help someone in need instead of whine on the bored about something that isnt going to change...

And It Breaks My Heart To Know The Only Reason You Are Here Now Is A Reminder Of What I'll Never Have...
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #171 on: October 19, 2003, 12:52:02 PM »

hockey game....hmmm, often ref don't see all these situations 'cause the game is so fast....I wouldn't compare too much hockey game to this situation where you have all the time to close the threads.

Well what has happened is happened..I didn't read much that thread but it was loved and in jungle section..hundreds of post..so I can't figure out why it was locked..(JUNGLE section that was, it did not bother anybody, it was also very popular thread)

But the again it doens't bother me as much as the thread posters, 'cause I didn't visit there too much.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #172 on: October 19, 2003, 01:07:36 PM »

This thread is about what's wrong with the closing of that thread - nothing more.

Yeah, and I have stated my opinion on the locking several times. How long will it take for you to understand that you're not right? You just have a different opinion, doesn't make you right.

We're done with that site here. We don't want anything to do with that site anymore.

We don't want a thread dedicated to a site that claims its domain was registered by W.A.R Media in California. Looks like they copied the WHOIS info from gunsnroses.com but decided to remove the phone# and change the e-mail addresses.

And don't come saying it never said anywhere it was run by GN'R and/or management. That WHOIS info is enough.

Once more: We don't want anything to do with a site that tries to act like it's got something to do with the band. The fact that the few of you who are into it can talk about on some other site made it even easier to lock.

To me it looks like that site is causing confusion among some people. "Is it related to the band? Could it be?" That's not a good thing and I decided I don't want something like that on this board.

So go on, keep saying "But nobody said it was tied to the band".

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Saffron
Opening Act

« Reply #173 on: October 19, 2003, 02:43:53 PM »

Looks like they copied the WHOIS info from gunsnroses.com but decided to remove the phone# and change the e-mail addresses.

And your proof that the WHOIS info is fake is...?

Yes, it's possible that it has been just made to look like it's something to do with GN'R but, as far as I know, no one actually has absolute proof either way. (Although the evidence has seemed to point towards links between the site and Sanctuary music, and the phone # that was on the old, original WHOIS was the phone # for Bert Deixler, attorney for Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses. This phone # only disappeared after people had called the number and established some kind of link between Sanctuary and gnfr.com)

But if you have any creditable and ABSOLUTE proof that the site is a fake, jarmo, I'd love to see it...

Saff

When all I needed was clarity
And someone to tell me
What the fuck is going on...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #174 on: October 19, 2003, 02:55:11 PM »

Nobody has proof either way. Well, I'm going by what I've seen and saying "no, it has nothing to do with the band and management".

I've made up my mind instead of changing my opinion every day.

My opinion has been "NO" for a long time, and I haven't seen anything that would change that.

Seems like some of you are spending lots of time thinking about it. I looked at the facts, made up my mind and it's gonna take a lot to change that.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Saffron
Opening Act

« Reply #175 on: October 19, 2003, 03:06:51 PM »

My opinion has been "NO" for a long time, and I haven't seen anything that would change that.

Thankyou for clarifying that it's just your opinion, not based upon anything factual.

Seems like some of you are spending lots of time thinking about it. I looked at the facts, made up my mind and it's gonna take a lot to change that.

Yeah, some of us look deeper than just the surface, and analyse all the information, and are prepared to rethink opinions as and when new information/evidence becomes available to us...it's called flexibility, or not being 'blinkered'.

Saff

When all I needed was clarity
And someone to tell me
What the fuck is going on...
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #176 on: October 19, 2003, 04:19:25 PM »

Thankyou for clarifying that it's just your opinion, not based upon anything factual.

What part of "Well, I'm going by what I've seen and saying "no, it has nothing to do with the band and management"." didn't you understand?

Good luck with looking deeper, you can do it somewhere else. This isn't the board for that anymore.

Keep on complaining.....

I find it really interesting how you all seem to stick around even thought this seems to be the worst board in the history of the Internet.

I'm done with this subject. I've said why it was closed, most people have accepted it and moved on.

I'll let you have the last word so you'll feel like you've won the "arguement".

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 19, 2003, 04:22:52 PM by jarmo » Logged

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #177 on: October 19, 2003, 05:49:51 PM »

Greece,

The Soulvaki comment wasn't any more of a cheap shot than your boy Chris telling D no one listens to him.  For some reason, everytime I have a fun little spat with you, I want Greek food.  What's wrong with that.  You, after all, did call me 'classy' one day for referring to you as Mr. Moussaka.  I just thought it was amusing - but, your opinion may differ.

Well, if you think it's fun, then keep on doing it... I never called you Mr. Mcdonald's... Or any other stupid name you could think just to make me look stupid.

However, that's not why I'm writing this.  I'm writing this to present a challenge to you, if you're up to it.

Review, please, my #4 statement:

#4 - The thread was locked because the site was up and down and didnt do anything new bla bla bla - Au contraire, Mon Frere.  Everytime it did something like that, some tiny little change - that, in and of itself, is, by its very nature, a 'new' action.  I love how everyone is conveniently not mentioning the last spat of three 'riddles' the site threw at us because that might prove there's some merit to what is being said about it.  But that's ok, continue your revisionist history - You would have been quite a hit in the dark ages.

Let's review your response, shall we?

Opinions....

Please tell me what in that statement (outside of the dark ages reference - which technically is fact since they practiced alot of revisionist history back then) is an opinion?  Seriously, I've read it over and over again - objectively - even had my neighbor who was over read it.  Where's the opinion?  Care to clarify?

It means that the thread was still important to you (and maybe 10-12 more posters), while the administration of this board thought it wasn't anymore. Besides, most of us think that it's a fake site and it has nothing to do with GN'R or its management, as Jarmo stated earlier. Therefore, we decided to lock it. What part of this don't you understand?

I'm going to run out and pick up a couple Gyros.

I hope you have a great time. I was hoping you'd go out sometime...

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #178 on: October 19, 2003, 08:22:20 PM »

Wow...that was fun...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2003, 08:23:43 PM by Miz » Logged

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
darknemus
Legend

« Reply #179 on: October 19, 2003, 08:35:50 PM »

Ouch, and in comes Greece with a zinger!

Well, not really, but I thought I'd at least let you think you were funny there, for a moment.

Actually, now see, Mr. McDonalds WOULD be funny.  So you've blown the opportunity there.. dangit!

Greece, I do want you to know one thing - and I mean this sincerely - this isn't personal.. I don't hate you, or dislike you - in fact, you're probably a genuinely decent guy.  But can you at least, for a moment, try to put yourself in my shoes?  Try to see where I'm coming from on this?  I am trying to appeal to your ability to be rational and to reason.  See, no potshots, no negativity - just a genuine appeal to your ability to think for yourself, that's all.

Here's what I dont get.  Ok, if its a fake site and has nothing to do with GNR or its management - seriously, why should the thread be removed from an off-topic section of the board?  I mean, its off-topic, right?

I just dont see why the mods feel the need to deny people who have an interest in something the ability to converse about it, here, on a site that gets a pretty decent amount of traffic and provides the best core group of resources to help determine the validity / invalidity of the site.  

I see now you guys are just deleting gnfr.com threads - How do you think that looks to other posters - people who really have no clue about ANY of this, and just post an innocent question?  Don't you think you should at least post some sort of sticky saying 'no gnfr threads'?  Come on, look, at least try to be fair to the other posters?  I realize that with me, its pretty much a lost cause at this point, and thats fine.  But seriiously, think about people that really are totally ignorant of all of this.  

At least consider that other well intentioned posters are going to freak when threads they post start disappearing because they mentioned some 'taboo' subject.  That's almost as bad as when gnrx automatically edited Slash to Slosh or whatever it was.  That kind of censorship is just, well, wrong.

A very dangerous precendent has been set by this action.  You've chosen to make a subject taboo because it doesn't meet your (in my opinion) narrow perceptions of 'a good thread'

You know, for your alls sake, I really kind of do hope gnfr.com turns out to be nothing, and not related to the band in any way, shape, or form.  Because if it is - there's no backpedaling away from this.  And you may say what you want about you don't care what people think about you.  But when I see countless references to 'oh look they talk about us over here and over here and there's a negative thread about us over there' - then, I'm sorry, I can't take your statement seriously, period.

You guys care.  Just like I care about this issue.  Because we all have egos, and no one wants to be seen as the 'lesser' person in a situation.

So you know what, mods.  I apologize for any personal digs I've thrown your way in this thread.  If you understood my emotion and my mental commitment to this project, I think you'd be a bit more sympathetic - but I don't suppose thats possible, so there's nothing I can do.  I've said my piece, I'll move on from this, and let it lie.

So again, I'm sorry for the potshots, I'm sorry for the negativity, and I'm sorry for the discontent.  But I'm sad.  Not sad because the thread was locked - but sad because of the perceptions you've chosen to form of me for doing nothing other than presenting information and experiences I've had.  That kills me, but oh well, such is life.

ciao,

-darknemus

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: