Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 12:10:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  John Fuckin' Kerry sticks his foot in his mouth again! Disrespects U.S troops!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Fuckin' Kerry sticks his foot in his mouth again! Disrespects U.S troops!  (Read 29027 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #60 on: October 31, 2006, 09:28:48 PM »

The same kind of assumptions are made every day about the Republicans and Bush. yet those are always right on by most of you(not all) and not ever flawed.

And the subject changes...

Ive pointed out the flaw in your logic.  All youve done in this thread is desperately try to convince yourself that youre right because you dont like John Kerry and your team is desperate.  Thats all there is to it.  Dishonesty.

Not having to convince myself of anything. You assuming "my team" is desperate. There is no "my team". Your assumption is flawed.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #61 on: October 31, 2006, 09:41:12 PM »

My logic isn't flawed.

Yes it is.? When stating "Bush isn't stuck in Iraq" in reference to the intentions of John Kerrys words, you make the assumption that John Kerry is somehow beholden to the opinion of Drew from the HTGTH message board.? Once you realize that hes not of the same opinion, youll be able to understand that your point is moot.?

The same kind of assumptions are made every day about the Republicans and Bush. yet those are always right on by most of you(not all) and not ever flawed.

You mean the assumption that over 100 US troops died in a war we're supposedly "winning" this month alone, the assumption that there is no clear single strategy in Iraq (nor was there ever one)...or the assumption that certain Republicans are willing to hide the fact that their buddies tend to try to bang underage male pages on their offtime.  Hate to say it, but those aren't assumptions.  To quote that cat in the Paula Abdul video......."it ain't fiction, it's a natural fact."

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #62 on: October 31, 2006, 09:49:12 PM »

You mean the assumption that over 100 US troops died in a war we're supposedly "winning" this month alone, the assumption that there is no clear single strategy in Iraq (nor was there ever one)...or the assumption that certain Republicans are willing to hide the fact that their buddies tend to try to bang underage male pages on their offtime.  Hate to say it, but those aren't assumptions.  To quote that cat in the Paula Abdul video......."it ain't fiction, it's a natural fact."

That number of casualties doesn't even add up to the number of troops lost in both WWI and WWII. And for the majority of those wars we were supposedly winning. Which we did.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

I'm back baby, old school style

« Reply #63 on: October 31, 2006, 10:05:40 PM »

Then what did he mean by his comment?

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

How more blatant disrespectful could one be?

I believe that the whole sentence was a sarcastic comment directed at Bush. The joke part being that had he studied in school well (although, yes, he's got a degree), he would've done a better job, but instead, is now stuck with the mess in Iraq. Or at least that's the way I see it. He's not trying to make this about Bush, since his original statement was about Bush also. It's the first thing he says in his response.

You do know Kerry was  D student right?  Bush at least was a C.  Bush has his MBA too, Kerry doesn't.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #64 on: October 31, 2006, 10:32:23 PM »

I agree with Drew, I think what Kerry said was highly disrespectful. Unfortunately, a lot of people share that sort of belief. If I remember correctly, Michael Moore insinuated something similar in Fahrenheit 9/11. It's totally biased. People join the service for different reasons and they're made up of all walks of life. It has little to do with income or education. There's lots of working class people with limited education, but they don't all rush off to fight in a war. There are people who truly want to do something with their lives that'll benefit others. How many people would put themselves in harms way to protect others? It's a rarity and should be respected.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #65 on: October 31, 2006, 10:43:01 PM »

I agree with Drew, I think what Kerry said was highly disrespectful.

I dont think you get it: he didnt say what you think he said.  You misunderstood it, he clarified it.  He was not talking about U.S. troops.

How many people would put themselves in harms way to protect others?

journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #66 on: October 31, 2006, 10:59:28 PM »

I dont think you get it: he didnt say what you think he said.? You misunderstood it, he clarified it.? He was not talking about U.S. troops.

I'm not anti-Kerry, I voted for him actually. Just wondering why he would say something like that. It's confusing. But if he didn't mean it that way, then that's cool.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #67 on: October 31, 2006, 11:01:59 PM »

I dont think you get it: he didnt say what you think he said.? You misunderstood it, he clarified it.? He was not talking about U.S. troops.

I'm not anti-Kerry, I voted for him actually. Just wondering why he would say something like that. It's confusing. But if he didn't mean it that way, then that's cool.

He wouldn't.  He was taking a shot at Bush, not the troops.  Read it again if you don't understand it.

The man has 3 purple hearts, 1 bronze star and 1 silver star.  Let's be realistic.

What is Bush's military record again? hihi
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2006, 11:11:56 PM »

He wouldn't.? He was taking a shot at Bush, not the troops.? Read it again if you don't understand it.

The man has 3 purple hearts, 1 bronze star and 1 silver star.? Let's be realistic.

Find me combat veterans that respect Kerry.? Kerry was a fucking coward who was in the Nam for a month.? He sustained no severe injuries to go with his purple hearts, and had to cry to his Brigade Commander to get his 3rd medal because his direct Commander didn't feel his injury warranted it.? Kerry got the medal so he could get out of Vietnam, plain and simple.? Then the piece of shit comes home and badmouths a war he didn't fuckin fight.? I am a United States Military Officer and Kerry is a piece of shit.? Thank god my oath is to the constitution and not the President cause I would resign if I had to swear allegiance to these pieces of shit.? Kerry is dumber than Bush.? So you dipshits saying his comments were directed at Bush are so fucking clueless it's unreal.? KERRY WAS A D STUDENT IN COLLEGE.? Get it into your heads.? Your hatred of Bush is so intense you ignore the fucking elephant standing in the room.? None of you "liberals" have the balls to serve, you work shit jobs of no real importance and then come hear to spam your bullshit.? Here's a tip, 90% of the dumbshits Kerry was trying to portray our military to be IS YOU and not a one of you is a service member.? Do yourself a favor and get an education.? Then again, they say ignorance is bliss and you dipshits are blissfully happy.

You have to be kidding me.? "Kerry didn't mean what he said", but Bush makes a comment and you distort, contort and exaggerate it to fit whatever conspiracy someone else told you about.? How hypocritical is that?? Pull your heads out of your asses.? I try not to get caught up in this shit, but I am Officer and I have privates under me.? I'll be god damned if I'm gonna let a coward like Kerry degrade them for his political gain.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 12:11:03 AM by Randall Flagg » Logged
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2006, 11:20:00 PM »

Um, the guy he was talking about the ENTIRE REST OF THE SPEECH!!!? ?rofl

Bush isn't stuck in Iraq. He could pull every U.S troop out of Iraq anytime he wanted to with one order.

The U.S. troops are the ones Kerry is talking about!

Your logic is as flawed as RandallFlaggs in the other thread.

You are focusing on ONE sentence.? Kerry was talking about Bush the entire time before that comment was made.? Read his response, read what he said he meant to say, read the rest of the speech.?

And you got to be kidding me that he could pull everyone out with one order.? Really, you're kidding right?? We're NOT stuck in Iraq?? Dude, have you read a paper lately?

Are you even educated Hanna?? Do you have a clue as to what logic even is.? South Park's attempt to get across intelligent points to the masses has obviously failed on you.? You haven't a clue, and I'll be damned if I'll be degraded by someone not even close to the same intellectual level as me.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2006, 11:22:25 PM »

He wouldn't.? He was taking a shot at Bush, not the troops.? Read it again if you don't understand it.

The man has 3 purple hearts, 1 bronze star and 1 silver star.? Let's be realistic.

Find me combat veterans that respect Kerry.? Kerry was a fucking coward who was in the Nam for a month.? He sustained no severe injuries to go with his purple hearts, and had to cry to his Brigade Commander to get his 3rd medal because his direct Commander didn't feel his injury warranted it.? Kerry got the medal so he could get out of Vietnam, plain and simple.? Then the piece of shit comes home and badmouths a war he didn't fuckin fight.? I am a United States Military Officer and Kerry is a piece of shit.? Thank god my oath is to the constitution and not the President cause I would resign if I had to swear allegiance to these pieces of shit.? Kerry is dumber than Bush.? So you dipshits saying his comments were directed at Bush are so fucking clueless it's unreal.? KERRY WAS A D STUDENT IN COLLEGE.? Get it into your heads.? Your hatred of Bush is so intense you ignore the fucking elephant standing in the room.? None of you "liberals" have the balls to serve, you work shit jobs of no real importance and then come hear to spam your bullshit.? Here's a tip, 90% of the dumbshits Kerry was trying to portray our military to be IS YOU and not a one of you is a service member.? Do yourself a favor and get an education.? Then again, they so ignorance is bliss and you dipshits are blissfully happy.

Would you like to see my 214 from the Army stapled to my ballsac or couldn't you quite get that either? ?Seriously people, the comment was intended at Bush, not the troops. ?It doesn't take a fucking F-Student to realize that. ?Who gives a shit about Kerry anyway? I'm not defending his political agenda because it wasn't the greatest, I'm just defending the fact that the man said something that the Repubes got ahold of and tried to make it seem like he was the biggest traitor this side of Benedict Arnold. ?Perhaps its the cons who should stop worrying about educations and try to figure out some common sense? ?Or should I put it in brainwashed jarhead terms.......hoooooooooooraaaaaaaaah *bark bark Devil Dogs

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
journey
Moondancer
Legend

« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2006, 11:23:27 PM »

None of you "liberals" have the balls to serve, you work shit jobs of no real importance and then come hear to spam your bullshit. ?Here's a tip, 90% of the dumbshits Kerry was trying to portray our military to be IS YOU and not a one of you is a service member. ?Do yourself a favor and get an education. ?Then again, they so ignorance is bliss and you dipshits are blissfully happy.

Your elitist attitude is disrespectful.

My grandfather fought in two wars and he was a liberal. So step off your political high horse. No person is better than the next, no matter what party they support. It's ignorant to think otherwise.

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2006, 11:24:07 PM »

Find me combat veterans that respect Kerry.

http://www.gwu.edu/~action/2004/kerry/kerryvets091504st.html 

The rest of your post is typically angry, irrational nonsense.
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #73 on: October 31, 2006, 11:27:10 PM »

None of you "liberals" have the balls to serve, you work shit jobs of no real importance and then come hear to spam your bullshit. ?Here's a tip, 90% of the dumbshits Kerry was trying to portray our military to be IS YOU and not a one of you is a service member. ?Do yourself a favor and get an education. ?Then again, they so ignorance is bliss and you dipshits are blissfully happy.

My grandfather fought in two wars and he was a liberal. So step off your political high horse. No person is better than the next, no matter what party they support. It's ignorant to think otherwise.

Journey your grandfather wasn't the same liberal as these yahoos.  I'm not endorsing any party.  Just calling Kerry what he is, a political driven coward from birth.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #74 on: October 31, 2006, 11:31:46 PM »

Journey your grandfather wasn't the same liberal as these yahoos.? I'm not endorsing any party.? Just calling Kerry what he is, a political driven coward from birth.

Right, but you're arguing with people who may feel the same way......only the simple fact is ITS NOT WHAT IS BEING DISCUSSED IN THIS THREAD.  What IS being discussed is the comment that was made which sure it wasn't put in the greatest context and can easily be missunderstood by folks like yourself who are so quick to jump on something without putting thought into it.   Your uneducated assumption that no one on this board was in the military was wrong and just puts into perspective the fact that any addition you make to this thread is worth diddley. 

Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2006, 11:31:51 PM »

http://www.gwu.edu/~action/2004/kerry/kerryvets091504st.html?

That's the best you can do? ?148 people out of the millions that have served in the time span those members were in. ?All I have to say is that the military is by far supporting Conservative values, and in the 2004 election -Bush. ?In my entire unit, there were 3 people openly supporting Kerry. ?Everyone else was by far for Bush. ?If Democrats were so concerned for our military, why was our pay shit under Clinton. ?Bush has consistently given pay increases across the board. ?Let's not kid ourselves as to what party the vast majority of service members fall into.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 12:12:36 AM by Randall Flagg » Logged
Guns N RockMusic
Deer Hunter
Banned
VIP

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2006, 11:32:48 PM »

Journey your grandfather wasn't the same liberal as these yahoos.? I'm not endorsing any party.? Just calling Kerry what he is, a political driven coward from birth.

Right, but you're arguing with people who may feel the same way......only the simple fact is ITS NOT WHAT IS BEING DISCUSSED IN THIS THREAD.? What IS being discussed is the comment that was made which sure it wasn't put in the greatest context and can easily be missunderstood by folks like yourself who are so quick to jump on something without putting thought into it.? ?Your uneducated assumption that no one on this board was in the military was wrong and just puts into perspective the fact that any addition you make to this thread is worth diddley.?

Now that you have opened your mouth... maybe Kerry was on to something.
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2006, 11:35:20 PM »

Find me combat veterans that respect Kerry.? Kerry was a fucking coward who was in the Nam for a month.? He sustained no severe injuries to go with his purple hearts, and had to cry to his Brigade Commander to get his 3rd medal because his direct Commander didn't feel his injury warranted it.? Kerry got the medal so he could get out of Vietnam, plain and simple.? Then the piece of shit comes home and badmouths a war he didn't fuckin fight.? I am a United States Military Officer and Kerry is a piece of shit.? Thank god my oath is to the constitution and not the President cause I would resign if I had to swear allegiance to these pieces of shit.? Kerry is dumber than Bush.? So you dipshits saying his comments were directed at Bush are so fucking clueless it's unreal.? KERRY WAS A D STUDENT IN COLLEGE.? Get it into your heads.? Your hatred of Bush is so intense you ignore the fucking elephant standing in the room.? None of you "liberals" have the balls to serve, you work shit jobs of no real importance and then come hear to spam your bullshit.? Here's a tip, 90% of the dumbshits Kerry was trying to portray our military to be IS YOU and not a one of you is a service member.? Do yourself a favor and get an education.? Then again, they so ignorance is bliss and you dipshits are blissfully happy.

You have to be kidding me.? "Kerry didn't mean what he said", but Bush makes a comment and you distort, contort and exxagerate it to fit whatever conspiracy someone else told you about.? How hypocritical is that?? Pull your heads out of your asses.? I try not to get caught up in this shit, but I am Officer and I have privates under me.? I'll be god damned if I'm gonna let a coward like Kerry degrade them for his political gain.

Actually, my friend I am a liberal who tried to serve when I was 19 but was declared unfit due to health reasons. ?I also got a perfect score on every test of the ASVAB while the other 2 people that tested from my recruitment station failed the test (the staff sgt. who recruited me wanted me to lie about my health issues by the way). ?So again try to tell me that all liberals hate the troops. ?

So again I ask, where are Bush's military records? ?You know so much about Kerry's (hell, you even seem to know personally EVERY person he served with) you should be able to tell us all about Bush's productive time spent in the military.

Oh, that's right, he didn't do anything productive in the military but had no issue declaring a war under false pretenses that has gotten almost 3000 US troops alone killed now.

By the way, your lovely display of "tourettes style" language skills plus severe grammatical and spelling errors sure proves your education level to me! ?Wink

You, along with everyone else misinterpreting this statement just CANNOT READ. 
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #78 on: October 31, 2006, 11:36:17 PM »

http://www.gwu.edu/~action/2004/kerry/kerryvets091504st.html?

That's the best you can do? ?148 people out of the millions that have served in the time span those members were in. ?All I have to say is that the military is by far supporting Conservative values, and in the 2004 election -Bush. ?In my entire unti, there were 3 people openly supported Kerry. ?Everyone else was by far for Bush. ?If Democrats were so concerned for our military, why was our pay shit under Clinton. ?Bush has consistently given pay increases across the board. ?Let's not kid ourselves as to what party the vast majority of service members fall into.

Mainly because we weren't waging an impossible war against terrorists that made it quite difficult to keep persons in the military and keep new recruits from joining. ?After I got out in 2002 recruiting was extremely rough because people just didn't want to serve under an idiot like Bush. ?That's why they're offering ridiculous signing bonuses now to keep soldiers and they're promoting them superfast. ?You know how much of a signing bonus I got when I signed up in 98..........$0. ?Now it's up to $30k+ . ?All because of ?the inability to recruit.

GeraldFord
« Reply #79 on: October 31, 2006, 11:41:47 PM »

I think Bush has disrespected the troops the most by starting this stupid fucking war. Over 2000 US troops have died for nothing. This war is bullshit.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 11:44:15 PM by GeraldFord » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: