Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 05:19:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz "axl is getting ready to put out chinese democracy"
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz "axl is getting ready to put out chinese democracy"  (Read 50379 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #240 on: March 02, 2008, 02:50:27 PM »

still Axl decided to officially comment on his departed lead guitarists in a way where you can read bad things in it....he often has shown this "revenge"-attitude.

and the Slash "lazy" argument"....come on, Axl didnt sung with the band only once after the 7/17/93 show at rehearsals and rarely showed up anyway when the band had practised hours a day. it surely would piss about every band members in any band if your singer isnt doing his job - which in the first place always would be singing.

The way the band had been functioning during UYI, Axl wrote his songs on the piano and gave the other guys free reign to write their songs.  He would listen to what they wrote, maybe make suggestions, then do the vocals when they were satisfied with the tracks

Slash isn't lazy in the sense that he doesn't write and record a lot of the songs.  I wouldn't use the word lazy to describe him, but given the quality of his guitar work through four albums in his post Guns days it sure seems like he doesn't have the desire to push himself to the peak of his abilities
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #241 on: March 02, 2008, 04:25:50 PM »

whatever, lets finish off the off topic argument with axl's slash quote.

According to Rose, part of the delay in building the new model of Guns N` Roses has been ''educating myself'' about the technology that's come to define rock in the nineties: ''It's like from scratch, learning how to work with something and not wanting it just to be something you did on a computer.''
At least one of his former band mates didn't really want any part of that process -
''Slash told me, 'I don't want to work that hard,' '' Rose recalls.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=30

Kiss

likewise, I bet axl has studied the newest ways of promotion like dl, games and so on as well.

daviebuckethead
VIP

it'd be a long time for anyone..........

« Reply #242 on: March 02, 2008, 06:08:46 PM »

i think the suggestion that slash was less player after he left GnR is just plane wrong. Uneducated even.

if you listen to some of the solos on the second snake pit album, (which i think is really good, just a shame he didn't have a singer with more charcter in the voice), for instance "serial killer" and "lifes sweet drug" and can say that slash wasn't trying anymore or went backwards as a guitar player is just completely deluded.

i often wonder if the problem was with slash, or just slash being succesful? when he was in snakepit playing clubs and trying to do his thing no one bashed him quite so bad........

if anything slash has become a technically better guitarist (as all guitarists do e.g the guys in iron maiden are much better now than they were in their 80's hey day) since he left GnR, thats just down to time, proactice and experience with different styles/ musicians.

this is my UNBIASED opinion. I like slash and the new crop of GnR guitar players, esp richard, he's fucking awesome!

everytime i see them makes me wish i had a gun.....
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: