Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 09:21:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Evolving/Progressing....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Evolving/Progressing....  (Read 3954 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« on: June 08, 2004, 09:35:34 PM »

What do you consider to be evolution in music/in gnr?

Do you consider AFD to the Illusions evolving?

Do you want more than that type of jump from the Illusions to CD? Or are you expecting a complete musical transformation?

Your thoughts... on what you are expecting from gnr in terms of sound and progression/evolution...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 10:01:14 PM »

im not expecting much of anything anymore....

but if i could hear the new songs i dont care what they sound like, Guitar Rock, Piano songs, Techo ind, Grunge, .. hes done most of it already....

As long as they have W.Axl Rose singing on them ill dig them....
crazycanadian
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 11:51:42 PM »

im not expecting much of anything anymore....

but if i could hear the new songs i dont care what they sound like, Guitar Rock, Piano songs, Techo ind, Grunge, .. hes done most of it already....

As long as they have W.Axl Rose singing on them ill dig them....

I 2nd that Smiley
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 01:55:35 AM »

What do you consider to be evolution in music/in gnr?

Allowing the sound to vary.  I don't think a creative musician can limit himself to one type of sound/music - in either their inspiration or the material they produce.

Do you consider AFD to the Illusions evolving?

Yes, very much so.  yes

Do you want more than that type of jump from the Illusions to CD? Or are you expecting a complete musical transformation?

I like how Axl once said he's gonna take us along with him gradually.  I also like what he once said about the musical styles of the album being like a melting pot.

Your thoughts... on what you are expecting from gnr in terms of sound and progression/evolution...

I'm expecting variety.  I am expecting there to be very familiar sounds (like the Blues), also for there to be some that are more extremely different (like Silkworms), and I expect there will be those that have familiar elements enhanced with new elements (Madagascar / Chinese Democracy).  Finally, I expect there will be some elements that are unlike any of what we have yet to hear from GN'R.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 01:56:17 AM by Eva GnRAxlRosette » Logged
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 04:17:06 PM »

Some may disagree,but I think UYI was a clear evolution from AFD,in every way. If CD will have that same evolution from UYI,then we're in for a treat

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
K-Rock
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 10:17:22 PM »

I would like Chinese Democracy to lift me like AFD did.

The UYI albums did not.  I liked them but I rarely pull them off my shelve anymore.

Beautiful Creatures, The Darkness and now Velvet Revolver have brought that AFD-type vibe back for me.

I have faith Axl will deliver yet the longer he takes....now that VR has delivered.....then he will miss his chance.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 10:19:05 PM by K-Rock » Logged
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2004, 06:31:51 AM »

The change from AFD to UYI was not evolving as such, more a change of direction.

The only difference was Piano and Organs. But the same Guitars, Bass and Drums remained.

From UYI to CD will be Evolving change. It will be 13 years and continuing since the UYI, so the change will be big.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: