Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 09:19:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  FALL OUT BOY VIDEO?????
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FALL OUT BOY VIDEO?????  (Read 3659 times)
domingo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: February 08, 2007, 12:31:22 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvPvcV44rCc on the funeral scene,the boy over the casket,they say is a tribute to Guns n?Roses...is this emo rock? I DON?T LIKE IT!
anythinggoes
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 12:37:15 PM »

they have the same thing in an Avenged Sevenfold video as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZqxl57PeL8

Edit The Avenged Sevenfold Video and Song wins hands down over FOB

what the fuck is it with that guy and spinning round in circles
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 12:50:56 PM by anythinggoes » Logged
domingo
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 12:49:30 PM »

Yes,it?s true...i saw Avenged opening for Guns n?Roses and they were good...they are NOT emo rock,you know...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 01:32:28 PM »

still don't get why this is in VR section rofl, and yeah there was a thread about either this or the a7z fold video a couple o' months ago i think ok
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 04:42:37 PM »

these 2 bands are terrible shit bands who i hate. especially fall out wank. i think its a pisstake, more than a tribute.

html sucks
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 05:07:42 PM »

i read that kids were seeing the fall out boy video and thinking they were ripping off avenged sevenfold and i laughed.  confused

but then fall out boy told mtv that they were basing the solo in the video on slash in november rain. its cool that they respect gnr but in my opinion they suck

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 05:20:39 PM »

i read that kids were seeing the fall out boy video and thinking they were ripping off avenged sevenfold and i laughed.  confused

but then fall out boy told mtv that they were basing the solo in the video on slash in november rain. its cool that they respect gnr but in my opinion they suck

i dont think its respect, he has it in a nightmare, i think thats a pisstake.

html sucks
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 05:56:06 PM »

the guitarist comes out of the ground wearing a tophat the way slash comes out of the water on Estranged
vietnow138
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 09:14:34 PM »

I'm sure that scene was probably directed towards the a7x video (since the two scenes are almost identical) and the fact he's wearing a top hat is just pointing out that the scene from Avenged's video was obviously very Guns N Roses, Slash for the most part, inspired. As far as FOB saying the solo was based off of the NV rain video they might just be saying that jokingly so they didn't have to say they were making fun of Avenged Sevon Fold.
sweet616
VIP

Ring Of Faith

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 05:57:03 PM »

velvet revolvers new video to feature slash dressed as an emo crying in his bedroom woundering why its not a scene

The Mans Tryna Keep me down
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2007, 02:57:55 AM »

I'm sure that scene was probably directed towards the a7x video (since the two scenes are almost identical) and the fact he's wearing a top hat is just pointing out that the scene from Avenged's video was obviously very Guns N Roses, Slash for the most part, inspired. As far as FOB saying the solo was based off of the NV rain video they might just be saying that jokingly so they didn't have to say they were making fun of Avenged Sevon Fold.

I agree with that synopsis, and FOB suck a whole lot more than a7x. I think FOB is just sad that a7x took the new artist of the year award away from them and Panic!( hihi) at the MTV VMAs  hihi

FOB sucks
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 09:55:52 AM »

Fall Out Boy may sound like everyone else in many ways these days, but - to me - they do it better than most everyone else out there.  Deep,  meaningful, agressive music?  Not a chance, but that's not why I listen.

Fall Out Boy in particular remind me - musically speaking - of the hair bands of the 80's that I grew up with, and I loved every bit of it.  Layered, cheesy harmonies, simple chords progressions, fun music, fairly simple concepts behind the songs, and very catchy music.  Pick most any song off their new CD - "Don't You Know Who I Think I Am" or "Bang the Doldrums" for example - and see if you don't have flashes of the glory days of glam/hair metal...minus the glam and hair, of course.

To each their own, though.    beer
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 12:01:40 PM »

Fall Out Boy may sound like everyone else in many ways these days, but - to me - they do it better than most everyone else out there.  Deep,  meaningful, agressive music?  Not a chance, but that's not why I listen.

Fall Out Boy in particular remind me - musically speaking - of the hair bands of the 80's that I grew up with, and I loved every bit of it.  Layered, cheesy harmonies, simple chords progressions, fun music, fairly simple concepts behind the songs, and very catchy music.  Pick most any song off their new CD - "Don't You Know Who I Think I Am" or "Bang the Doldrums" for example - and see if you don't have flashes of the glory days of glam/hair metal...minus the glam and hair, of course.

man you cant comapre them to glam, the music is nothing like it, the image isnt, the whole movement n ways is nothing like it, they are nowhere near as talented.

html sucks
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 03:46:12 PM »

pete wentz is such a fuckin' loser!

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 04:22:53 PM »

Fall Out Boy may sound like everyone else in many ways these days, but - to me - they do it better than most everyone else out there.? Deep,? meaningful, agressive music?? Not a chance, but that's not why I listen.

Fall Out Boy in particular remind me - musically speaking - of the hair bands of the 80's that I grew up with, and I loved every bit of it.? Layered, cheesy harmonies, simple chords progressions, fun music, fairly simple concepts behind the songs, and very catchy music.? Pick most any song off their new CD - "Don't You Know Who I Think I Am" or "Bang the Doldrums" for example - and see if you don't have flashes of the glory days of glam/hair metal...minus the glam and hair, of course.

To each their own, though.? ? beer

man you cant comapre them to glam, the music is nothing like it, the image isnt, the whole movement n ways is nothing like it, they are nowhere near as talented.

My comparison was limited to what I said - "simple chord progressions, layered, cheesy harmonies, simple concepts behind the songs," etc.  I know the image is nothing like it, hence my "minues the glam and hair" comment, and I'm in no way suggesting the there is ANY similarity behind the movements.  I'm simply saying that many of the cheesy, layered choruses in most of Fall Out Boy's music reminds me of the hair metal I grew up listening to, which, to me, is a good thing.  And I'm certainly not taking a dig at the hair metal era...like I said, to each his own, right?      peace
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2007, 04:02:09 PM »

My comparison was limited to what I said - "simple chord progressions, layered, cheesy harmonies, simple concepts behind the songs," etc.  I know the image is nothing like it, hence my "minues the glam and hair" comment, and I'm in no way suggesting the there is ANY similarity behind the movements.  I'm simply saying that many of the cheesy, layered choruses in most of Fall Out Boy's music reminds me of the hair metal I grew up listening to, which, to me, is a good thing.  And I'm certainly not taking a dig at the hair metal era...like I said, to each his own, right?      peace

But they are nowhere musically as talented or good, and yeah. just arghh lol, i hate scene music.

html sucks
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 06:28:51 PM »

NO

I don't see Fall Out Shit with shredding guitar solos or anything, they can't fuckin play their instruments
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 06:51:51 PM »

Okay, time to be a bit objective here.  If nothing else, they can definitely play their instuments.  You can't listen to a song off the new album and make that claim (other than the God-awful first single, which is utter garbage).  I'm far from saying anyone else should change their opinion as to whether or not you like what you hear, but at least be fair about it in terms of musicianship.

However, they are by far one of the worst live bands I've ever seen.  And no, I didn't pay to see a show, and I doubt I ever will.  I'm talking about TV / live appearances.  Sloppy, off-key, etc.  Really, really bad.

Studio recordings are another story.  Whether you like the "scene" they come from (I don't) or the music they play (hit or miss, but I like my share), there are some very well-written and recorded songs.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: