Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 08:08:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227908 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Playing in Guns N' Roses can be harmful for your health
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playing in Guns N' Roses can be harmful for your health  (Read 5113 times)
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« on: November 26, 2009, 05:06:24 AM »

I was just thinking about how harmful playing with Guns N' Roses can be to your health. Three out of five of the original members have almost died. Steven Adler suffered two strokes, Slash had to have a pacemaker put in and Duff's pancreas exploded. I guess only Izzy and Axl have escaped permanent health damage. Oh and the subsequent members of course.

Just something I was thinking about, while having too much freetime at work  Tongue
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 05:08:57 AM by Koskenkorvasieni » Logged

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 02:57:30 PM »

i think its the playing with drugs that damages your health and not playing with guns n roses  ok

but i guess most Rock stars have had their share of health issues due to drugs and stuff

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Halo69
Banned
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2009, 01:51:28 PM »

Its a hard life on the road for every band... and they were basically junkies when they formed Guns N'Roses so the life on the road only got things worst for certain members of the band.
In one way i think this band is much better cause the new guys are more down to earth and more responsible, and Axl seems much more responsible with them also and he seems more happy too, so i think this band really works better for everyone than the old band.

Im not saying they're more talented or they're a better band, They're just different and they're more responsible!
The music also brings me more curiosity. In old GNR you kinda knew what to expect as for the style input on the songs. With this band u never know whats coming off of their sleeve and i like that! ok

Oh My God i cant deny this...
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 02:35:04 PM »

Sure there have been health issues linked to their addictions but....I'd say it's pretty damn miraculous that the original five are all still alive.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Ashba Rocks
Headliner

All things are possible, I am unstopable

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2009, 02:29:31 PM »

Its a hard life on the road for every band... and they were basically junkies when they formed Guns N'Roses so the life on the road only got things worst for certain members of the band.
In one way i think this band is much better cause the new guys are more down to earth and more responsible, and Axl seems much more responsible with them also and he seems more happy too, so i think this band really works better for everyone than the old band.

Im not saying they're more talented or they're a better band, They're just different and they're more responsible!
The music also brings me more curiosity. In old GNR you kinda knew what to expect as for the style input on the songs. With this band u never know whats coming off of their sleeve and i like that! ok

That responsibility comes with age and maturity, pitty adler can't seem to get around his addicition

"No one can make you, do what they want to"
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 05:12:45 PM »

Meh, being born is hazardous to your health.

Did you know that over 99% of people who have been born have all died?

Shit's dangerous, yo.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Guifris
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »

ole beich is dead,i guess.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 07:13:37 PM »

If you're that stupid to do drugs to death, it's not anybody fault but yours

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 12:36:56 PM »

I was just thinking about how harmful playing with Guns N' Roses can be to your health.

Hmm lets see 0% of GNR's Members who've ever played on an album/live have died...

Whats the percentages for lets say, lynyrd skynyrd, Metallica, Zepplin, the doors, the who?

I'd say playing in GNR is GREAT for your lively hood!
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 02:08:06 PM »

And let's think about Rolling Stones or The Beatles - especially The Beatles. Much more hazardious for those boys..  no

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 11:21:28 PM »

I was just thinking about how harmful playing with Guns N' Roses can be to your health. Three out of five of the original members have almost died. Steven Adler suffered two strokes, Slash had to have a pacemaker put in and Duff's pancreas exploded. I guess only Izzy and Axl have escaped permanent health damage. Oh and the subsequent members of course.

Just something I was thinking about, while having too much freetime at work  Tongue

And Beich is dead.

Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 12:36:20 AM »

Now that I think about it, playing rock music in general can be harmful to your health. It ain't always drugs or booze that ends up killing you, just look at Lynyrd Skynyrd, Randy Rhoads or Cliff Burton for example...

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: