Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 12:17:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  North Korea detonates nuclear weapon
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: North Korea detonates nuclear weapon  (Read 43991 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« on: October 09, 2006, 09:13:05 AM »

Well - not a great day for the world with the lunatics in North Korea now equipped with nukes

Even those paying a cursory amout of attention to world affairs realised it was North Korea and not Iraq we needed to have inavded

In a truly delicious slice of irony - we cant even use sanctions againt North Korea as only humanitarian aid gets there anyway

Not sure whats to be done now - Korea is desperate enough to use these weapons and stupid enough to sell them. With China backing them even military operations would be risky

I'm assuming our glorious leaders will, in true Team America style, tell North Korea how angry they are, and if that doesn't work write them a letter in which they express how angry they are....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 09:47:20 AM »

....and Iran will be nulcear soon too.  By invading Iraq, the other two countries in the "axis" shit their pants and thought they'd be next.  While both countries are led by nut jobs, they weren't trying to go nuclear.  How ironic that the country we invade b/c our "intelligence" says they have WMD had nothing at all - and while distracted there, the real threats had time to build up their nuke programs.   More so then the failed war in Iraq, letting N. korea and eventually Iran go nuclear will be the true failure of the bush administration.  can November get here any faster?   Undecided

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 09:48:02 AM »

Haha I watched Team America this morning in tribute. ?Seriously though, I don't think Kim Jong is crazy enough to actually use one in an offensive strike. ?He's more of an attention freak. ?Like LOOK AT ME LOOK WHAT I CAN DO. ?How much you wanna bet Iran tests one in the next 6 months?

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Rockin' Rose
VIP

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 09:56:53 AM »

Well - not a great day for the world with the lunatics in North Korea now equipped with nukes

Even those paying a cursory amout of attention to world affairs realised it was North Korea and not Iraq we needed to have inavded

In a truly delicious slice of irony - we cant even use sanctions againt North Korea as only humanitarian aid gets there anyway

Not sure whats to be done now - Korea is desperate enough to use these weapons and stupid enough to sell them. With China backing them even military operations would be risky

I'm assuming our glorious leaders will, in true Team America style, tell North Korea how angry they are, and if that doesn't work write them a letter in which they express how angry they are....

China didn't want N-Korea to have nuclear weapons, they wanted to keep Korea (both of them) nuclear free area, so who knows what happens now but I do think anything good is not going to happen..

Na Naa Naa Naa Na Naa Naa...
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2006, 09:58:55 AM »

China didn't want N-Korea to have nuclear weapons, they wanted to keep korea (both of them) nuclear free area, so who knows what happens now but I do think anything good is going to happen..

well the immediate concern for the region is an arms build up for Japan, S. Korea, China in terms of getting nukes themselves.  More nukes is never a good thing.

I think its inevitable that a nuke will be detonated somwhere in the world within the next decade or so, its just going to be too easy to get one as more and more countries develop nuclear weapons programs.

Surfrider
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2006, 10:52:54 AM »

I am sure that will be the line from the left - we shouldn't have invaded Iraq, we should have invaded North Korea.  While I tend to agree in hindsight, I am skeptical that anyone on the left would have been for invading North Korea regardless of the circumstances.  Of course, it doesn't surprise me that this will somehow get blamed on Bush and Iraq.  Everything does.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2006, 11:00:58 AM »

I am sure that will be the line from the left - we shouldn't have invaded Iraq, we should have invaded North Korea.  While I tend to agree in hindsight, I am skeptical that anyone on the left would have been for invading North Korea regardless of the circumstances.  Of course, it doesn't surprise me that this will somehow get blamed on Bush and Iraq.  Everything does.

who said anything about invading?  my point was the real threat was not iraq (do you still think it was??).  Invading a country was how Iran/N. Korea were able to build their nukes in the first place.  please don't put words in my mouth.

Typical of bush loyalists - don't blame bush!  So who should be blamed?  I suppose this is Clinton's fault right?  Roll Eyes  I guess katrina, iraq and all of our other problems shouldn't be blamed on bush either?!?!?

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2006, 11:10:01 AM »

I am sure that will be the line from the left - we shouldn't have invaded Iraq, we should have invaded North Korea.? While I tend to agree in hindsight, I am skeptical that anyone on the left would have been for invading North Korea regardless of the circumstances.? Of course, it doesn't surprise me that this will somehow get blamed on Bush and Iraq.? Everything does.

who said anything about invading?? my point was the real threat was not iraq (do you still think it was??).? Invading a country was how Iran/N. Korea were able to build their nukes in the first place.? please don't put words in my mouth.

Typical of bush loyalists - don't blame bush!? So who should be blamed?? I suppose this is Clinton's fault right?? Roll Eyes? I guess katrina, iraq and all of our other problems shouldn't be blamed on bush either?!?!?

Dude HannahHat it's a losing arguement.  Bush loyalists have an amazing ability to just forget about such things as the "great WMD witch-hunt of '04" and the awesome intel that turned out to be a crockery of shiite. 

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2006, 11:13:13 AM »

I am sure that will be the line from the left - we shouldn't have invaded Iraq, we should have invaded North Korea. 

Anyone with a passing knowledge of geography (China) and world politics (China) knows that an invasion of NK was and is completely out of the question whether they are right, left or center politically.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
smithandheston
Headliner

Madagascar, great song.... great place

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2006, 11:32:51 AM »

....and Iran will be nulcear soon too.  By invading Iraq, the other two countries in the "axis" shit their pants and thought they'd be next.  While both countries are led by nut jobs, they weren't trying to go nuclear.  How ironic that the country we invade b/c our "intelligence" says they have WMD had nothing at all - and while distracted there, the real threats had time to build up their nuke programs.   More so then the failed war in Iraq, letting N. korea and eventually Iran go nuclear will be the true failure of the bush administration.  can November get here any faster?   Undecided

And how will Speaker Polisi solve this problem..... Ive  been waiting for a reply on just how the democrats think there gunna fix this one...... but we hear nothing because cut and run will just continue to keep em out of power and hold all of you to a bunch of ranting, crying, pusillanimous babies. This kind of pap used to get on my nerves but im just so glad that the pap spewing is what u've been reduced to thanks to the old ballot box. The base of liberalism doesent win elections hadent since 76 and will never especially after 9/11

Ok back to the topic at hand. I seem to recall when Bush named North Korea a member of the Axis of Evil the left went nuts, fearing he might make the world see KJI for what he is, a delusional tyrant. Think about it there are more American flags in that nation than most parts of the USA. Why is that u wonder? Because the humanitarian food we give the starving people of that nation comes in sacks with american flags on them. KJI is a sick bastard he lets his own people starve so he can spend his money on weaponry to boost his ego. It is a truly sick and rancid situation.

What should we do? Honestly I dont know; but one thing is certain.... leaving it alone and sending over our sec of state to eat dog with KJI dosent do the trick Albright already saw that come to light.

If i were president I would double the number of troops in South Korea just to put him on edge and know we do have the balls to invade his shithole. If we do invade I would rather topple the regime, and destroy all weaponry and facilitys that might be used to produce such arms. I would have no intrest in staying and nation building, because all we need to do is continue the food after all people's situation cant get much worse.

Also dont even think of sugesting that the US Army cant take this on to do so would be the underestimation to end em all. I am proud to have served in the force and promise that this is the most magnifacent group of armed gentlemen since the Armys of Alexander
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 12:13:43 PM »

And how will Speaker Polisi solve this problem..... Ive  been waiting for a reply on just how the democrats think there gunna fix this one...... but we hear nothing because cut and run will just continue to keep em out of power and hold all of you to a bunch of ranting, crying, pusillanimous babies. This kind of pap used to get on my nerves but im just so glad that the pap spewing is what u've been reduced to thanks to the old ballot box. The base of liberalism doesent win elections hadent since 76 and will never especially after 9/11

Ok back to the topic at hand. I seem to recall when Bush named North Korea a member of the Axis of Evil the left went nuts, fearing he might make the world see KJI for what he is, a delusional tyrant. Think about it there are more American flags in that nation than most parts of the USA. Why is that u wonder? Because the humanitarian food we give the starving people of that nation comes in sacks with american flags on them. KJI is a sick bastard he lets his own people starve so he can spend his money on weaponry to boost his ego. It is a truly sick and rancid situation.

What should we do? Honestly I dont know; but one thing is certain.... leaving it alone and sending over our sec of state to eat dog with KJI dosent do the trick Albright already saw that come to light.

If i were president I would double the number of troops in South Korea just to put him on edge and know we do have the balls to invade his shithole. If we do invade I would rather topple the regime, and destroy all weaponry and facilitys that might be used to produce such arms. I would have no intrest in staying and nation building, because all we need to do is continue the food after all people's situation cant get much worse.

Also dont even think of sugesting that the US Army cant take this on to do so would be the underestimation to end em all. I am proud to have served in the force and promise that this is the most magnifacent group of armed gentlemen since the Armys of Alexander

Funny how you say "i wonder how the dems will fix this problem".  Who caused the problem in the first place?!?! haha  Shouldn't that be your main concern rather then "well what are the dems saying we should do!!!" 

As for KJI, yeah, hes a dirtbag, so was sadamm, so is the nut job in Iran.  Chavez is an asshole too.  The barbarians in Darful are bad too.  LETS GO KILL EM ALL!! YEEEEHAAAAWWWW.  oh wait, there is no oil in Darfur.  China has a pretty bad record for human rights too.  You know, Bush's pals in Saudi Arabia are jerks too, they don't exactly treat women that great you know, why don't we go invade them too...oh wait.  nevermind.   they are our "allies" remember??

I'm proud of our armed forces too.  but to say we are prepared for ANOTHER war is just not realistic.  we don't even have the man power/equipment that is needed in iraq/afghanistan.  when the troops are digging up scrap metal and plywood to armor their humvees its time to re-evaluate things.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2006, 12:50:04 PM »

And how will Speaker Polisi solve this problem..... Ive  been waiting for a reply on just how the democrats think there gunna fix this one......

Seriously, how long can the robots on the Republican right in the US use the argument that the far left liberal commies, otherwise known as the center right Democratic party to the rest of the world, don't have any answers or would be worse. The Republicans have totally controlled the US government for 6 years - the mess is their fault, that's how it works. Even Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, Coulter etc know that while the laugh all the way to the bank with your dollars.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2006, 12:58:35 PM »

And how will Speaker Polisi solve this problem..... Ive  been waiting for a reply on just how the democrats think there gunna fix this one......

Seriously, how long can the robots on the Republican right in the US use the argument that the far left liberal commies, otherwise known as the center right Democratic party to the rest of the world, don't have any answers or would be worse. The Republicans have totally controlled the US government for 6 years - the mess is their fault, that's how it works. Even Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, Coulter etc know that while the laugh all the way to the bank with your dollars.

well, its not a TOTAL failure.  I mean,  THANK GOD the gays can't marry!!  Can you imagine the state of the world if THAT were allowed to happen!!??!  I'll take a nuclear winter over two guys i don't even know doing whatever they want behind closed doors ANY day!!   rofl

p.s. that was 100% sarcastic for those that can't read between the lines

Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2006, 02:30:16 PM »

Is there nothing that the Bush Foreign Policy can?t do? This man is an absolute saint, I mean SAINT. First he deftly negotiated North Korea into not test launching their medium range missile and now he was able to, single handedly I might add, stop L?il Kim from testing a nuc-qu-lar bomb. It was amazing how, with all of his built up credibility in world politics that he was able to just ask and it was done. That is what we have needed in a leader.

Just imagine if he had gone of half cocked in some other part of the world without the worlds approval or help, on a half baked mission filled with half truths and no plans. Why he may not have been taken seriously when he put his foot down this time when it really, REALLY mattered.

You just gotta hope that the crack Homeland Security Department, with Heck of a Job Chertoff manages to check the right 3% of container?s on ships that come from the Pacific Rim over the next year or so. It would be a shame if Homeland Security was still searching 80 year old women at airports at that time.

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
Bud Fox
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2006, 02:46:18 PM »

This nation is about to choose whether it wants to go deeper and deeper into the dark pit of fascism or reclaim who we really are: the most unique experiment in self government and freedom in human history, free men and women who live without being coerced by fear. If the Republicans win this November, then the fascist wing of the Republican Party, religious fascists, corporate fascists and militarists will take it as a signal to continue their campaign to end the great American experiment so they can enjoy the benefits of a two-class state. The Military-Industrial Murder Machine will do everything in its power to make that happen.

Iraq is a coward's war - an attack on a prostrate nation, while the real war remains unfought. You guys fight war like playground bullies. Time for you all to go home and let the grown ups take over.

Protesting violence requires violent language.
-Lenny Bruce
AtariLegend
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2006, 02:50:31 PM »

How many nuclear weapons tests did the US carry out, I herad today around 150 in the pacific.

Japan, they had a H-bomb dropped on them, I wonder who done that?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2006, 03:27:10 PM »

How many nuclear weapons tests did the US carry out, I herad today around 150 in the pacific.

Japan, they had a H-bomb dropped on them, I wonder who done that?

Whats your point? 

I'm assuming that you think its OK that N. Korea has nukes? Or that why does the US (and the rest of the sane world for that matter) think its bad?  Ok, I'll humor you.

Japan wasn't exactly not asking for a world of hurt when they attacked Pearl Harbor.  Its not like the US got bored one day and decided to drop a couple of bombs....I really can't say more about that comment without making you look like a total moron.

AtariLegend
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 03:29:58 PM »

I'm not even gonna try, I just gonna say that no one should have nuclear weapons not North Korea, and not the US.
GeraldFord
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 03:32:29 PM »

So what if they have the bomb? I can see why they would, as that's insurance against a US invasion. Why should the US dictate who has the bomb and who doesn't? Israel, India and Pakistan all have the bomb.
AtariLegend
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 03:35:50 PM »

So what if they have the bomb? I can see why they would, as that's insurance against a US invasion. Why should the US dictate who has the bomb and who doesn't? Israel, India and Pakistan all have the bomb.

At least someone here is sane.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: