Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 10:31:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227835 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  22 Killed in US school Shooting
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 22 Killed in US school Shooting  (Read 42469 times)
anythinggoes
« on: April 16, 2007, 01:29:51 PM »

(Updates death toll, includes campus police comment)

WASHINGTON, April 16 (Reuters) - At least 22 people, including the suspected gunman, were killed and many others were wounded on Monday in a shooting rampage at Virginia Tech university, police and university officials said.

The rampage took place in two separate areas of the campus about two hours apart during the morning. Police said they believed a single gunman was responsible.

"This is a tragedy of monumental proportions," Virginia Tech president Charles Steger told reporters.

It was one of the worst shootings on a university campus in the United States since a massacre at the University of Texas in Austin on Aug. 1, 1966. Charles Whitman killed 15 people, including his mother and wife the night before, and wounded 31 others in that shooting.

Virginia Tech, with 26,000 students, is located in the southwest corner of the state, about 240 miles (390 km) from Washington.

Police said they were investigating whether the gunman killed himself or was killed by authorities.

Most of the shootings took place at a part of the campus called Norris Hall, according to campus police chief Wendell Finchum.

http://www.reuters.com/article/bondsNews/idUSN1631605420070416

Shocking Stuff
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 01:33:01 PM »

This shit is horrible... People are nuts... RIP to all  no
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 01:33:43 PM »

Again? Already?

Where are we heading...

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
stvyrayvhn
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 01:36:02 PM »

ABC News is now reporting 29 http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=3045574
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 01:45:34 PM »

Federal Sources: At least 32 dead

This is horrible.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 01:48:23 PM »

Here we go again.......disgusting.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 01:59:00 PM »

I'll just say it

The same people shot today were defending their ''right'' to bear arms yesterday

You reap what you sow

Honestly what do Americans expect?

And not one of you will do anything about it - you'll be defending your ''right'' tommorow and savaging any politician that dares to do something about this

Quick! To the bandwagon!
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 02:00:33 PM »

The right to bear arms got little to do with it. My country has the highest concentration of guns per household in the world, and we've never had a school shooting. It's a problem rooted deep in the society, and there are no short cuts to a solution.

Try looking at the increased work pressure, the power of television and marketing, and the increasing alienating of different thought/behaviour.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 02:02:14 PM by polluxlm » Logged

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 02:01:18 PM »

I'll just say it

The same people shot today were defending their ''right'' to bear arms yesterday

You reap what you sow

And not one of you will do anything about it - you'll be defending your ''right'' tommorow and savaging any politician that dares to do something about this

You're really going to draw out the nut jobs with that one.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 02:09:34 PM »

well the gun law mixed with the appetite for destruction in th usa doesnt help at all.

sad stuff, i know people from virginia Sad

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 02:10:51 PM »

I'll just say it

You reap what you sow

You're really going to draw out the nut jobs with that one.

and tommorow will there be a great uproar against guns? Will we see presidential candidates campaigning against guns?

No.

We'll have everyone from Bush to Obama saying how sorry they are - but its still a good idea to have every psycho armed to the teeth

How many school shootings does there need to be before people do something?

In the UK a madman went into a school and shot children a decade ago and over night every gun was banned, shooting clubs were banned - the government did everything it could possibly do

America will just wait for the next shooting and condemn the ''evil'' individual society had armed

Quick! To the bandwagon!
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2007, 02:19:37 PM »

guns are bad.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2007, 02:27:18 PM »

this is fucking ridiculous, when will America learn. i wonder who the media will blame for this now, i mean marilyn manson has been used already..... i guess people will try to blame violent video games and movies etc, which i think is bullshit.i mean c'mon violence has always been in human culture/society since the beginning of time. i don't have a problem with those things because sane people obvoiusly know that its just a form of entertainment and they aren't gonna try to copy it or be persuaded by it to go out on shootings. give me a break.

as someone said earlier in the thread, this is a problem rooted deep inside our society. and unless we stop blaming other people/things and using scapegoats, this will continue to go on. we need to take a good hard look at ourselves and get to the root of the problem.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 02:30:13 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
GeraldFord
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2007, 02:45:43 PM »

How could the rampage of taken place in two instances, two hours apart? Why didn't the police evacuate the building after the first killing spree?

You can't speak for anyone who was shot. For all you know all the victims were in favor of more gun laws.

I personally feel that for anyone who isn't a cop or in the armed services, only rifles should be legal, and for hunting purposes only.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2007, 02:48:30 PM »

I went to school there and lived in Blacksburg for about 4 years after that. It's definitely not a place where you would expect something like this. Small town, pretty quiet overall...very unfortunate this happened. And not all of us Americans defend the right to bear arms, just a very vocal minority.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2007, 02:53:42 PM »

If you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns.  A ban on alcohol didn't work.  A ban on drugs isn't working.  Why do people think a ban on weapons will be any different?

The only way it would be any different is if it becomes completely impossible for guns to be manufactured.  Ain't gonna happen.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 03:06:50 PM »

How could the rampage of taken place in two instances, two hours apart? Why didn't the police evacuate the building after the first killing spree?

That, if true, is something that someone is going to have to answer.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 03:10:11 PM »

If you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns.? A ban on alcohol didn't work.? A ban on drugs isn't working.? Why do people think a ban on weapons will be any different?

The only way it would be any different is if it becomes completely impossible for guns to be manufactured.? Ain't gonna happen.

Yup.. People around here act like their countries have no problems and are perfect...  Just because school shootings dont happen alot there, dosent mean your way of life, or society, is any better...
VIP

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 03:11:25 PM »

I wonder what will happen if the murderer happens to be from Iran etc...

This is so crap, USA should rethink their gunlaws.
There are idiots all over the world, but only in USA they get armed..

Sad shit.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 03:16:47 PM »

I wonder what will happen if the murderer happens to be from Iran etc...

This is so crap, USA should rethink their gunlaws.
There are idiots all over the world, but only in USA they get armed..

Sad shit.

The shooter was Asian, don't know if he was an American citizen or what. Apparently he was looking for his girlfriend and I guess the crazy fuck just decided he'd shoot everyone until he found her.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: