Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 04:23:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227907 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Michael Jackson Dead
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Michael Jackson Dead  (Read 57381 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #220 on: July 08, 2009, 06:48:08 PM »

Dirty Diana! Grin

Was a very nice funeral, what an amazing artist he was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6dx3Zm86P4

Moonwalk-collection.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #221 on: July 08, 2009, 09:07:46 PM »

The American Idol and Twitter-head mentality of people all around the world never ceases to amaze me. Hopefully, this around the clock orgasmic media coverage can finally come to an end!

If there ever was a 'shovel-ready' project, we have here a fantastic example!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #222 on: July 08, 2009, 09:30:13 PM »

The American Idol and Twitter-head mentality of people all around the world never ceases to amaze me. Hopefully, this around the clock orgasmic media coverage can finally come to an end!

If there ever was a 'shovel-ready' project, we have here a fantastic example!

I very much agree

Axl is God.
Annie
« Reply #223 on: July 09, 2009, 09:00:36 AM »

the constant media coverage is making me depressed. Let the man rest in peace.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #224 on: July 09, 2009, 09:51:22 AM »

Yeah, the media never had over-the-top coverage of anything before Twitter and American Idol came out... they CERTAINLY never had over-the-top coverage of Michael Jackson before Twitter or American Idol.

Wait, what?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #225 on: July 09, 2009, 03:29:18 PM »

I can do without the false reports about Jackson's life which is what a lot of media outlets are doing (especially british papers, they just make shit up off the top of their heads and run with it.  No research goes into any of the trash they print.)

However having said that, Michael Jackson is the greatest entertainer to ever live.  He is also the most successful.  All the bands we talk about in the Bad Obsession section that we consider legendary like Pearl Jam, Metallica, Zeppelin etc..are not even a pimple on Jackson's ass when it comes to worldwide recognition and success.  There will never be another Michael Jackson....EVER.  He is in a class of his own with Elvis Presley and The Beatles and Stones a notch below looking up at both of them.  So if the media wants to go wild 24 hours a day with Jacksonmania I have no problem with that...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #226 on: July 09, 2009, 04:56:24 PM »

I can do without the false reports about Jackson's life which is what a lot of media outlets are doing (especially british papers, they just make shit up off the top of their heads and run with it.  No research goes into any of the trash they print.)

However having said that, Michael Jackson is the greatest entertainer to ever live.  He is also the most successful.  All the bands we talk about in the Bad Obsession section that we consider legendary like Pearl Jam, Metallica, Zeppelin etc..are not even a pimple on Jackson's ass when it comes to worldwide recognition and success.  There will never be another Michael Jackson....EVER.  He is in a class of his own with Elvis Presley and The Beatles and Stones a notch below looking up at both of them.  So if the media wants to go wild 24 hours a day with Jacksonmania I have no problem with that...

Very well fucking said! Hell yeah!

How bout this bullshit where they are trying to say those aren't Micheal's kids? I'd love to shoot those bastards. It's a fucking shame those people are allowed to live.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Annie
« Reply #227 on: July 09, 2009, 06:08:35 PM »

Very well fucking said! Hell yeah!

How bout this bullshit where they are trying to say those aren't Micheal's kids? I'd love to shoot those bastards. It's a fucking shame those people are allowed to live.
The 2 boys have his eyes. The girl looks like her mother. Who cares if they are his biological kids or not. They loved him and he loved them. One of my African american friends says sthat she can see that they are biracial. You just never know how the gene pool is going to flow. Blanket looks like a paler version of little Michael.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #228 on: July 09, 2009, 06:13:53 PM »

Those kids look just like MJ

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #229 on: July 09, 2009, 08:16:00 PM »

Yeah, the media never had over-the-top coverage of anything before Twitter and American Idol came out... they CERTAINLY never had over-the-top coverage of Michael Jackson before Twitter or American Idol.

Wait, what?

You missed my point. I was talking about the American Idol and Twitter people who inhabit Earth as we speak. People who can't get enough of their celebrity fix every day and who sit on their fat ass day after day glued to the television.

Sadly, the media is just giving what a lot you people want for some reason. Your tragic idol worshiping t.v.!  Roll Eyes

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #230 on: July 09, 2009, 10:35:06 PM »

It's probably pointless to post this on the internet because I won't be believed anyway but a friend of mine has been in touch with someone who knew Michael and spoke with him only about 3 hours before his death and Michael allegedly told this guy what was wrong with him. Don't be surprised if it turns out this was something more than a sudden overdose or drug addiction.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #231 on: July 09, 2009, 10:58:25 PM »

It's probably pointless to post this on the internet because I won't be believed anyway but a friend of mine has been in touch with someone who knew Michael and spoke with him only about 3 hours before his death and Michael allegedly told this guy what was wrong with him. Don't be surprised if it turns out this was something more than a sudden overdose or drug addiction.

So did this guy tell your friend what Michael said?

Axl is God.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #232 on: July 09, 2009, 11:56:26 PM »

So did this guy tell your friend what Michael said?

No, the guy wanted to keep it private out of respect for his friendship with Michael. Sounds odd to bring it up if that's the case, but that's what I was told. All I know is what I said in the above post. It was 3 hours before his death, if the guy was telling the truth, and he used the words "told me what was wrong with him". That implies to me that it wasn't anything sudden, and not necessarily drug abuse. But these are just speculations from my side, and I don't even know if the guy was telling the truth. It also made me realize that if this is the truth then Michael probably called or talked to more than this one person about what was wrong with him, especially if it was 3 hours before death and he knew that he was going to die, and that means a few people out there close to Michael must know a hell of a lot more than the media but are not talking out of respect for Michael, like this guy. It's an odd feeling to know that this is info that CNN and other media have no idea about. They clearly don't know the half of what people around Michael who keep their lips sealed know.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #233 on: July 10, 2009, 05:25:37 AM »

The other day, I just started writing and writing and writing, until - out of the blue - I had this huge tribute that reads like a magazine article.  I tend to use it as therapy... it's far too long to be able to fit here, so I'll just post the link to where I posted it on the Loaded forum.

http://www.duff-loaded.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1641&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I never expected anyone to read it because it's so long, but I keep on getting messages from people telling me how much they liked it.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #234 on: July 10, 2009, 09:48:47 AM »

Thanks for sharing your story with all of us, it was truly beautiful from start to finish.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Annie
« Reply #235 on: July 10, 2009, 10:54:39 AM »

Thankyou for that great story. You helped me understand why i have been feeling such a sense of loss. People have made so many judgements against Michael without knowing the full truth. I didn't realize how much his music was a part of my life, even though I never purchased one of his records, there was so much of it that was played at college frat parties, MTV etc.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #236 on: July 11, 2009, 03:09:01 AM »

Jackson with my favorite singer of all time.  Wouldn't it be something if those two were up in heaven singing together?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Zci9vHAEMY&feature=related

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #237 on: July 15, 2009, 09:01:06 AM »

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=8766

Michael Jackson Albums Sales Hit1.1 Million In USA
by Paul Cashmere - July 15 2009

If you ever needed any proof that Michael Jackson deserved his King of Pop title here it is. Jackson album sales were 1.1 million in the last week in the USA.

Nielsen SoundScan, the company that keeps tabs on music sales, registered a combined total of around 10,000 Jackson album units in the week prior to his death.

In the four days following his death, Jackson album sales were 422,000. In the first full week of sales of his death he sold 800,000 albums. Last week, the graph went past the million mark.

In the past 2 ? weeks, Jackson album sales have exceeded 2.3 million.

Last weeks biggest seller according to Nielsen Soundscan was ?#1?s? (349,000), followed by ?Thriller? (264,000) followed by ?The Essential Michael Jackson? (148,000).

Billboard reports that ?Off The Wall? sold 107,000 units last week, ?Bad? did 97,000 and ?Dangerous? sold 67,000.

Fans have bought 1.8 million physical albums since Michael?s death and 491,000 digital albums.

Nielsen SoundScan also tracks digital sales across North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

In the past 2 ? weeks Jackson has sold 8.1 million digital tracks.

The most popular download is ?Man In The Mirror? (628,000) followed by ?Billie Jean? (557,000) followed by ?Thriller? (544,000).

In Billboards Top Pop Catalog Albums Chart this week, the Top 12 albums are all Jackson albums.

1) Michael Jackson "Number Ones"
2) Michael Jackson "The Essential Michael Jackson"
3) Michael Jackson "Thriller"
4) Michael Jackson "Off The Wall"
5) Michael Jackson "Bad"
6) Michael Jackson "Dangerous"
7) Jackson 5 "The Ultimate Collection"
Cool Jackson 5 "The Best of Jackson 5: 20th Century Masters: The Millennium Collection"
9) Michael Jackson "Greatest Hits: HIStory ? Volume 1"
10) Michael Jackson "HIStory: Past, Present and Future Book 1"
11) Michael Jackson "Invincible"
12) Michael Jackson "The Ultimate Collection"

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #238 on: July 15, 2009, 09:56:26 AM »

http://nrk.no/nett-tv/klipp/514088/

Concert here, at the end MJ comes in and plays with Slash. Cheesy

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #239 on: July 16, 2009, 12:24:11 AM »

First ever footage of Michael Jackson's hair being set on fire...

http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/07/15/michael-jackson-pepsi-ad-footage-unearthed-from-1984-shoot/

Scary stuff!  Though it does sort of look like a bunch of gangbangers coming to kick his ass once they first rush the stage...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: