Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 04:42:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  North America 2006
| | | |-+  September 23 - Devore, CA @ Hyundai Pavilion (KROQ's Inland Invasion 2006)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24 Go Down Print
Author Topic: September 23 - Devore, CA @ Hyundai Pavilion (KROQ's Inland Invasion 2006)  (Read 102673 times)
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #360 on: September 23, 2006, 02:05:14 PM »

im going to be there at 3 to see buckcherry

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
HamsterDemocracy
« Reply #361 on: September 24, 2006, 12:43:26 AM »

Sorry to be repetitive but can someone post the webcast link again? I'm hitting a dead end on the Flash site.
jahanafm
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #362 on: September 24, 2006, 01:41:42 AM »

http://blueroom.att.com/inc_inland_player/player.php?id=#vtop
privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #363 on: September 24, 2006, 02:38:30 PM »

First of all I was in loge 6 right in the middle.  It started getting a little nuts.  People started throwing bottles at us in the loge and started fires.  I really thought their might be a riot or get cancelled it was out of control.  Then all of a sudden you heard the sound thats in the jaws movies.  Hell yeah and then here comes Jungle. 
This concert was simply amazing.  Axl and the band were so tight.  All the people around me were all into it old and young.  Plus all the solos and new songs got great responses, I was very surprised.  Finck, Fortus, and Bumblefoot are amazing guatarist they sound so awesome live.  For christ sakes even The beautiful solo had a great response.  Axl sounded sooooooooooo awesome, unbelievable.  Every song was nailed right on.  Let me know guys and girls if you have any questions.
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #364 on: September 24, 2006, 02:42:19 PM »

That sounds so sweet man.  How was bbf's solo on Better?  Robin's on I.R.S.?

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #365 on: September 24, 2006, 02:49:07 PM »

That sounds so sweet man.? How was bbf's solo on Better?? Robin's on I.R.S.?

I'm telling you guys right now until you see all these gutarist in person or live you have no idea how good these guys are.  People that are saying Finck sucks have no idea. 
madagas
« Reply #366 on: September 24, 2006, 02:49:16 PM »

How many people were there?
gnr2006
VIP

ASS PARTY 2006 (tm)

« Reply #367 on: September 24, 2006, 02:49:55 PM »

I agree private.

Seeing these guys live really shows you how f'n amazing they are.
anythinggoes
« Reply #368 on: September 24, 2006, 02:51:11 PM »

How many people were there?
what do you think he count them  Roll Eyes
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #369 on: September 24, 2006, 02:52:43 PM »

well the venue fits 65,000 and it was sold out, i checked to see if there were any tickets left day of the show and there was none.  but a lot of people left before gnr, impatient pricks.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #370 on: September 24, 2006, 02:54:46 PM »

I think people should learn to put their reviews in the on tour section in the right thread..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #371 on: September 24, 2006, 03:01:07 PM »

All the people around me were all into it old and young.  Plus all the solos and new songs got great responses, I was very surprised.

power of the music!

My questions are
How did IRS sound there? And the crowd response?
due to my pcs connection or the setting, I missed a good part of the comment on downloading before better. what did he say exactly? Sorry about this dumb q.
fishyguy
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #372 on: September 24, 2006, 03:02:31 PM »

I'm glad to hear a positive review.

HisRoyalFatness at mygnr wrote this review which left me progressively depressed:

I was there. In the lawn. Just like Vegas, the show comes to a CRASHING halt as soon as they start with the solos. All energy was squandered. He never got the crowd back.

Later in the set, there'd be a burst of applause when a popular song would come on and some applause at the end. But most people were sitting on their hands. New songs were greeted with absolute silence. I've never heard so many people at a rock concert be so quiet.

There was some little girl in front of me who knew the leaks. She sang along to Madagascar, but clamped up as soon as as she realized everyone was laughing at the song. I felt sorry for her. She wanted to believe in Axl. I used to too.

The band came out for their predictable encore when nobody was cheering. The place was fucking packed when fake Alice in Chains came on. Halfway through GnR's set, it had substantially thinned out. My friends and I were about ten - fifteen rows back in the lawn. By the end, we were up to the front. Just wasn't much competition.

Baz got a round of applause when he came out, but that quickly turned to laughter. Old people had to explain to kids who Skid Row was and why they should care that some other guy is singing a song he didn't write or record, backed by a band that didn't write or record it.

There were chants for Slash. There were chants of "no more solos." But mainly, there was just apathy. Several people mentioned how this was the exact same show they'd seen twenty years ago. I saw Ozzfest at the same venue a couple of years ago. Back then, it took me two hours just to get out of the parking lot. This time, the lot was seventy-five percent empty by the time we got back.

On the walk back to the parking lot, people were laughing and talking about how great guns n' roses used to be. It was sad. I saw heroes die last night. It hurt my heart.

Again, most people around me had no idea that Slash wasn't in the band. Congrats Merck, you're doing an ace job of keeping the lid on Axl's embarrasing little secret.

The most excited the crowd was during the performance doesn't even come close to the excitement before Axl took the stage, when everyone was throwing shit at each other and chanting "fuck you" to Axl because, apparently, twenty-thousand screaming fans isn't enough motivation to get Axl to take the stage on time and try to rescue his career from the shitter.

The only way for this to change is for his new band to release their album and play their own songs. They might fail, but at least they'll be failing on their own.

A heartbreaking night. I miss Axl. I wish Guns N' Fuckin' Roses could rule the world. I was drunk off whiskey and stumbling around the parking lot. All I could mumble is "rock is dead."

I wonder how accurate of an account this is
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #373 on: September 24, 2006, 03:05:38 PM »

i saw a lot of people near me sitting down, but most people in the orchestra sections were enjoying the music and in some of the other loge sections.  that guy's account is extremely exaggerated, the lawn probably was just sad that they didn't have good seats, haha.
privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #374 on: September 24, 2006, 03:07:33 PM »

I'm glad to hear a positive review.

HisRoyalFatness at mygnr wrote this review which left me progressively depressed:

I was there. In the lawn. Just like Vegas, the show comes to a CRASHING halt as soon as they start with the solos. All energy was squandered. He never got the crowd back.

Later in the set, there'd be a burst of applause when a popular song would come on and some applause at the end. But most people were sitting on their hands. New songs were greeted with absolute silence. I've never heard so many people at a rock concert be so quiet.

There was some little girl in front of me who knew the leaks. She sang along to Madagascar, but clamped up as soon as as she realized everyone was laughing at the song. I felt sorry for her. She wanted to believe in Axl. I used to too.

The band came out for their predictable encore when nobody was cheering. The place was fucking packed when fake Alice in Chains came on. Halfway through GnR's set, it had substantially thinned out. My friends and I were about ten - fifteen rows back in the lawn. By the end, we were up to the front. Just wasn't much competition.

Baz got a round of applause when he came out, but that quickly turned to laughter. Old people had to explain to kids who Skid Row was and why they should care that some other guy is singing a song he didn't write or record, backed by a band that didn't write or record it.

There were chants for Slash. There were chants of "no more solos." But mainly, there was just apathy. Several people mentioned how this was the exact same show they'd seen twenty years ago. I saw Ozzfest at the same venue a couple of years ago. Back then, it took me two hours just to get out of the parking lot. This time, the lot was seventy-five percent empty by the time we got back.

On the walk back to the parking lot, people were laughing and talking about how great guns n' roses used to be. It was sad. I saw heroes die last night. It hurt my heart.

Again, most people around me had no idea that Slash wasn't in the band. Congrats Merck, you're doing an ace job of keeping the lid on Axl's embarrasing little secret.

The most excited the crowd was during the performance doesn't even come close to the excitement before Axl took the stage, when everyone was throwing shit at each other and chanting "fuck you" to Axl because, apparently, twenty-thousand screaming fans isn't enough motivation to get Axl to take the stage on time and try to rescue his career from the shitter.

The only way for this to change is for his new band to release their album and play their own songs. They might fail, but at least they'll be failing on their own.

A heartbreaking night. I miss Axl. I wish Guns N' Fuckin' Roses could rule the world. I was drunk off whiskey and stumbling around the parking lot. All I could mumble is "rock is dead."

I wonder how accurate of an account this is

TOTALLY INACCURATE TRUST ME I WAS THERE
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #375 on: September 24, 2006, 03:08:12 PM »

That review is blatantly bollocks- you couldn't hear a single (negative) chant from the crowd the whole show, and the crowd that they showed near the stage on the broadcast didn't look at all thin to me. Everything, even the solos, got a decent ovation.

This guy, for whatever reason, wants to invent stories to make the band look bad.
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #376 on: September 24, 2006, 03:10:35 PM »

All the people around me were all into it old and young.  Plus all the solos and new songs got great responses, I was very surprised.

power of the music!

My questions are
How did IRS sound there? And the crowd response?
due to my pcs connection or the setting, I missed a good part of the comment on downloading before better. what did he say exactly? Sorry about this dumb q.

IRS sounded great....  it always sounds great live.... ok

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #377 on: September 24, 2006, 03:11:41 PM »

That sounds so sweet man.? How was bbf's solo on Better?? Robin's on I.R.S.?

I'm telling you guys right now until you see all these gutarist in person or live you have no idea how good these guys are.? People that are saying Finck sucks have no idea.?

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=18969

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #378 on: September 24, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »

Finck is damn near legendary to me now, i can't wait to hear his guitar parts on CD, he is totally moving and amazing guitarist, i love his solos, they're more melodic than richard or ron's solos.

before Better, Axl said something like "if it weren't for you downloading bitches, we wouldn't be here right now."  or something, maybe he meant that because we downloaded the leaks, he was forced to go on tour?  yay we helped axl.
evergreen_layne
Rocker

People have waited a long time for this

« Reply #379 on: September 24, 2006, 03:19:12 PM »

That sounds so sweet man.  How was bbf's solo on Better?  Robin's on I.R.S.?

I'm telling you guys right now until you see all these gutarist in person or live you have no idea how good these guys are.  People that are saying Finck sucks have no idea. 

http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=18969

Wow poor Robin.  Must not have been too bad though.  I'm really in love with that dude.  This dude loves that dude.  By the way every time I visit that forum I can't wait to get back to this one.   ok :

11.08.02 - Tacoma Dome, Tacoma, WA
12.10.06 - Everett Events Center, Everett, WA
12.11.06 - Rose Garden Arena, Portland, OR
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 24 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: