Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:35:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  ya think SLASH listened to the new gnr tracks?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: ya think SLASH listened to the new gnr tracks?  (Read 9723 times)
DCGNR2006
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

NOT A F*CKING SHOT

SOME OF THE CURRENT BAND MEMBERS HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD ALL OF THEM!

YOU DON'T KEEP SOMETHING LIKE THIS UNDER WRAPS FOR 15 YEARS AND THEN PLAY THEM FOR THE ONE GUY THAT YOU FEEL BETRAYED YOU!
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2006, 10:24:56 AM »

If he has heard these songs I'll bet his reaction was "He kicked me out of the band for this shit?"
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2006, 10:41:55 AM »

If he has heard these songs I'll bet his reaction was "He kicked me out of the band for this shit?"

Then again, he wasn't kicked, he chose to leave.

I bet he has heard them, just like all of us that are interested by the new GN'R reccord.

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2006, 01:02:50 PM »

OK, since he chose to leave the reaction would be "I'm a freaking genius, this fool can't go on without me."
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2006, 01:04:11 PM »

I don't think Adler heard it.
this guy probably still doesn't know that they invented CD-players, or that TSI is out, not to mention that there are leaks online.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
darkmonth
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2006, 01:25:48 PM »

I'll bet he regretted leaving AXL

As much as I love the new Axl stuff... I'm 100% sure that based on these, Slash is GLAD he hasn't stayed.  Fact is, they're not hard rock... and Slash is a hard rock guitarist.  They're great, but there isn't one BIT of hard rock in these tracks so far.  Even tho some freaks insist that Better has a 'metal' part! LOL!  Idiots.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2006, 01:44:31 PM »

As much as I love the new Axl stuff... I'm 100% sure that based on these, Slash is GLAD he hasn't stayed.? Fact is, they're not hard rock... and Slash is a hard rock guitarist.? They're great, but there isn't one BIT of hard rock in these tracks so far.? Even tho some freaks insist that Better has a 'metal' part! LOL!? Idiots.

True. But the question really is whether Slash listens to them and thinks... "Shit. I could actually work with these tracks and create some great hard rock with Axl." I don't think that was even a possibility with the intense techno direction Axl was headed in when Slash left the band... I could see Slash writing solos for IRS, CITR, TWAT, Madagascar and The Blues though.Huh

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2006, 01:50:04 PM »

As much as I love the new Axl stuff... I'm 100% sure that based on these, Slash is GLAD he hasn't stayed.? Fact is, they're not hard rock... and Slash is a hard rock guitarist.

I beg to differ.  Slash can play almost any style of music, that's what makes him such a good guitarist.  He's played everything from metal to flamenco, to pop to classic rock, and blues to rap.  Well, to me, he's more of a blues guitarist in a hard rock band, but can adapt his style to any type of music.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
gnr_12
Rocker

Nothin' Lasts Forever...

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2006, 01:53:52 PM »

As much as I love the new Axl stuff... I'm 100% sure that based on these, Slash is GLAD he hasn't stayed.  Fact is, they're not hard rock... and Slash is a hard rock guitarist.

I beg to differ.  Slash can play almost any style of music, that's what makes him such a good guitarist.  He's played everything from metal to flamenco, to pop to classic rock, and blues to rap.  Well, to me, he's more of a blues guitarist in a hard rock band, but can adapt his style to any type of music.

Jesus.. he even played with Michael Jackson for fucks sakes lol.. he CAN play anything.

That goes for all you punks in the press, That want to start shit by printin' lies, Instead of the things we said, That means you, Andy Secher, Mick Wall ,Bob Guccione Jr.
Get In the Fuckin Ring Punks
masterdan
Banned
Rocker

No one can live in sorrow- -ask all your friends..

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2006, 02:47:51 PM »

I would say so...  I'm sure someone would have shown him the songs by now.  Wink

Guns N' Roses @ the Bradley Center: 11/29 (CANCELLED)
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2006, 02:57:46 PM »

Wasnt slash recently on a talk show where he said sumthin like he heard all the tracks and that its done just that and i quote "axl is rtarded and wont sell it " .... of course everyone knows or at least thinks the tracks are done i know i beleive that OH YA ... remember the bar thing now thats mor proof then ever. ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
DCGNR2006
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2006, 04:44:11 PM »

As much as I love the new Axl stuff... I'm 100% sure that based on these, Slash is GLAD he hasn't stayed.? Fact is, they're not hard rock... and Slash is a hard rock guitarist.? They're great, but there isn't one BIT of hard rock in these tracks so far.? Even tho some freaks insist that Better has a 'metal' part! LOL!? Idiots.

True. But the question really is whether Slash listens to them and thinks... "Shit. I could actually work with these tracks and create some great hard rock with Axl." I don't think that was even a possibility with the intense techno direction Axl was headed in when Slash left the band... I could see Slash writing solos for IRS, CITR,
TWAT, Madagascar and The Blues though.Huh

MAOAXL: I AGREE. I could definitely see a Slash solo at the end of TWAT. He definitely COULD HAVE been brilliant on these tracks, but it was pretty obvious he just wasn't into it.  I hear ya on the techno direction and all, but IRS to me is something straight out of old Zeppelin shit, Better definitely departs from Slash's style, but
underneath all of that is a GREAT fucking rock song -
shaun
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2006, 04:47:32 PM »

i doubt Slash has heard anything (i was going to wirte s--t)
bigcash2002
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2006, 09:37:11 PM »

OzzyCAT....I would think that IRS qualifies as hard rock???
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2006, 08:54:57 AM »

I think I have found evidence of this.

Go to Robin's recent website update, and browse through the pictures under the theme 'Under'. There's a photo titled 'Arrr'

Here today...ready to rock
speed_stone
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2006, 01:53:22 PM »

slash is a proven liar and a backstabber, who knows what to believe when he says it.
i'd be embarrased to still be a fan of that guy, i've lost all respect i had for him.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2006, 05:09:49 PM »

slash is a proven liar and a backstabber, who knows what to believe when he says it.
i'd be embarrased to still be a fan of that guy, i've lost all respect i had for him.

Proven by who exactly?  And I'm still more likely to believe something that comes out of Slash's mouth than Axl's.  What has Slash done to embarass his fans over the years?  Name me some, cause I can name you like 50 things Axl has done to embarass his over the years.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
speed_stone
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2006, 05:11:53 PM »

Proven by who exactly?? And I'm still more likely to believe something that comes out of Slash's mouth than Axl's.? What has Slash done to embarass his fans over the years?? Name me some, cause I can name you like 50 things Axl has done to embarass his over the years.
by constantly contradicting himself.
plus it's embarrasing to see a once great rock star embarras himself by putting out sub-par material and whoring for media attention. it's sad. at least axl has his legacy intact.
ROSE22
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2006, 05:15:17 PM »

in my opinion sir, you are the idiot. you're 100% sure what slash thinks ? i happen to think that most all of the new shit i could see slash playing. these are rock songs with incredible meledies that slash would shine on.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2006, 05:27:05 PM »

by constantly contradicting himself.
plus it's embarrasing to see a once great rock star embarras himself by putting out sub-par material and whoring for media attention. it's sad. at least axl has his legacy intact.

You know anyone can just make outrageous claims that are completely untrue.  How about some examples of him contradicting himself?  At least Slash has the balls to put out material.  I hate to break it to you, but Chinese Democracy still hasn't been released yet.  And its not like the leaked tracks we've heard have been ground-breaking IMO.  They've been pretty good, nothing that I'd say blows Velvet Revolver out of the water.  And does hanging out with Lindsay Lohan, Jamie Fox, and Adrien Brody count as whoring for media attention?  Cause I sure think it does.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: