Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  writting to Axl
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: writting to Axl  (Read 9215 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 12:14:29 PM »

can i ask what do you want to say to axl ?
and i think he does read this board sometimes.but the man is very busy right now with a tour,remember tour ?

I imagine Axl or his management has at least half a dozen people employed to keep tabs on whats being discussed on the message boards..especially after the leaks surfaced Wink

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Decadence
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2006, 01:17:10 PM »

and i think he does read this board sometimes.but the man is very busy right now with a tour,remember tour ?

I imagine Axl or his management has at least half a dozen people employed to keep tabs on whats being discussed on the message boards..especially after the leaks surfaced Wink

I have visions of him collating the addresses of all the people who downloaded the leaks then showing up on our doorsteps to kick our asses in a Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back style.  Perhaps we should ban him before it is too late!  Jarmo!  I'm scared!
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2006, 01:20:03 PM »

I have visions of him collating the addresses of all the people who downloaded the leaks then showing up on our doorsteps to kick our asses in a Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back style.? Perhaps we should ban him before it is too late!? Jarmo!? I'm scared!

rofl

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
Ewan154
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 04:02:56 PM »

Thanks for all the replies ok
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 04:29:59 PM »

I finally found myself a job that I really like!? Cheesy
Where do I sign?

I think I've read what his addy is somewhere on the web, but even if it's for real, I don't think he would ever answer any letters. Plus I'm too lazy to write a letter anyway....
I had one written and sent it to Michael Jackson about 13 years ago, and no answer yet.... So, you can see I'm bit disappointed....? hihi
I think it's more likely he gets my letter if I put it in a bottle and throw it in the ocean.

In case he (or his crew? Tongue) is reading this:

Axl, the band kicks serious ass!
Who needs a reunion?
Marry me.
WeHeldTogether
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2006, 04:42:56 PM »

If you wrote him saying "Hey Axl, i just wanted to see how you were doing, what's up man?"  He'd probably write back just saying "Good" or something.
McDuff
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 06:33:52 PM »

If Axl did read these boards he would sure be dissapointed  hihi
realtime visionary
Opening Act

Now we all know better.

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 06:39:51 PM »

Axl has people he trusts keeping an eye on the internet for him. Where they check, I couldn't tell you. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't do it himself, and I'm also pretty sure a lot of what they find doesn't make it back to him. It's mostly just to guard against lawsuit-worthy slander, impersonation, leaks, whathaveyou.

Knowing you, it won't change a damn thing, but there was a time...
Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2006, 06:42:41 PM »

Axl has people he trusts keeping an eye on the internet for him. Where they check, I couldn't tell you. But I'm pretty sure he doesn't do it himself, and I'm also pretty sure a lot of what they find doesn't make it back to him. It's mostly just to guard against lawsuit-worthy slander, impersonation, leaks, whathaveyou.

Nah...  no
realtime visionary
Opening Act

Now we all know better.

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2006, 06:53:47 PM »

Nah...? no

Then maybe you can explain the cease-and-desist orders issued by Axl's staff to impersonators, etc. Remember that LatigoRose guy? And the way that the majority of the websites hosting the leaked mp3s were e-mailed by Merck? And the way Axl, on Trunk's radio show, alluded to the fact that people in his camp will occasionally put the cap on wild internet rumors (I assume he meant with more of the c&ds)?

dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2006, 07:38:38 PM »

http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/2001axl//articles/Fernando2.html

This article is from 2001 by Fernando (Beta's son)
It says Axl reads the internet

I think he still looks at it himself.

As does Richard, Ron and Dizzy.
realtime visionary
Opening Act

Now we all know better.

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2006, 07:48:50 PM »

http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/2001axl//articles/Fernando2.html

This article is from 2001 by Fernando (Beta's son)
It says Axl reads the internet

I think he still looks at it himself.

As does Richard, Ron and Dizzy.

Haha, first of all, getting through that thing's a headache. If that's an English translation from Portuguese, it needs some serious grammatical work (reading it the way it does, his answers seem weird... cultlike, even). But yeah, even if he does use the internet himself, he can't read everything and be everywhere at once, which is why I say he employs help for "e-crowd control."

Lara
I Finck therefore I am
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 26, 2006, 09:06:20 AM »

Nah...? no

Then maybe you can explain the cease-and-desist orders issued by Axl's staff to impersonators, etc. Remember that LatigoRose guy? And the way that the majority of the websites hosting the leaked mp3s were e-mailed by Merck? And the way Axl, on Trunk's radio show, alluded to the fact that people in his camp will occasionally put the cap on wild internet rumors (I assume he meant with more of the c&ds)?

I'm sure he has al egal team doing that kind of stuff. I'm just saying he's checking the boards himself, too. I'm pretty sure he catches up with forums like this one.

Or not.  Grin
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2006, 10:54:25 AM »

yeah Axl has a team, registered as a member on this board.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
dolphin
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2006, 11:15:41 AM »

yeah Axl has a team, registered as a member on this board.

Mysteron ok
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2006, 11:29:16 AM »

I don't know about now, but back in the old chinesedemocracy days, maybe late 2001 where lots of the guys here were members, there was a big debate about Coma, it's meaning and origins. Pretty good debate, ended up discussing lots of postmodern theory- it was a different time to what debates are like now, much smaller community.

Anyway, a day later, I got a PM from 'Me' with a probably 2000-word discourse on the song, on the levels of meaning present in each line different from what anyone had suggested. I never saw that poster again, and the board died shortly afterward. I always did wonder who it was that had basically never posted, but had come out with such insightful stuff by PM.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2006, 01:11:47 PM »

hhmm the mysterious pm poster hmmm.been there done that allready years ago.did find it a bit strange but thought oh well why not '.someone (axl ) is lurking out there ?
i don't find it strange anymore just iteresting very much so.

the one an only horsey !
realtime visionary
Opening Act

Now we all know better.

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »

I'm sure he has al egal team doing that kind of stuff. I'm just saying he's checking the boards himself, too. I'm pretty sure he catches up with forums like this one.

Or not.? Grin

Could be! It'd be awesome if he tried what some bands do, and joined in the fray, talking to his fans and taking questions, etc, but somehow I doubt he'll give that a shot. Too bad. ?Undecided

That said, even if Axl himself is not a member of this forum, you never know, some of what we say might get back to him through his people, or through those he employs/who volunteer to do PR, e- and otherwise.

greendog
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2006, 01:25:20 PM »

I don't know about now, but back in the old chinesedemocracy days, maybe late 2001 where lots of the guys here were members, there was a big debate about Coma, it's meaning and origins. Pretty good debate, ended up discussing lots of postmodern theory- it was a different time to what debates are like now, much smaller community.

Anyway, a day later, I got a PM from 'Me' with a probably 2000-word discourse on the song, on the levels of meaning present in each line different from what anyone had suggested. I never saw that poster again, and the board died shortly afterward. I always did wonder who it was that had basically never posted, but had come out with such insightful stuff by PM.

did you save it? id like to read it
mlewis
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2006, 02:46:27 PM »

I had it for a while, then that laptop got nicked so I lost it. Regret that a huge amount- still looking for a decent internet archive of that period in the hope I can recover it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: