Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:44:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WTF - Pitman on Wikipedia
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTF - Pitman on Wikipedia  (Read 3758 times)
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« on: August 09, 2006, 12:06:19 AM »

Yeah, I know that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, but I found this interesting:

"Pitman was born in Independence, Missouri. He currently writes and records privately with Axl Rose, as they have collaborated on many songs for the upcoming Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy. He is a multi-instrumentalist on the album, contributing keyboards, guitar, bass, vocals, and programming. He has not been announced as an official band member, however, and mostly does orchestration, synthesizers, and sound effects when they play live. He compliments keyboardist Dizzy Reed on the more complex material that Guns N' Roses plays."

Pitman on guitar? wtf?

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 12:12:19 AM »

Yeah, I know that Wikipedia can be edited by anyone, but I found this interesting:

"Pitman was born in Independence, Missouri. He currently writes and records privately with Axl Rose, as they have collaborated on many songs for the upcoming Guns N' Roses album Chinese Democracy. He is a multi-instrumentalist on the album, contributing keyboards, guitar, bass, vocals, and programming. He has not been announced as an official band member, however, and mostly does orchestration, synthesizers, and sound effects when they play live. He compliments keyboardist Dizzy Reed on the more complex material that Guns N' Roses plays."

Pitman on guitar? wtf?

nobody knows how to spell his name... Tongue ...not to mention what his role in GNR is. no
and wikipedia is not a reliable source for informations.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
WhatIsItMan
VIP

What IS it Man?!

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:12:39 AM »

Fuck Wikipedia.

Mom
Headliner

Well ya know something Gene...

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 12:55:39 AM »

Maybe Chris wrote it himself...

Here's something strange I found on Wikipedia under the entry for Rocket Queen

Izzy Stradlin has said about the song "I wrote this song for this girl who was gonna have a band and she was gonna call it Rocket Queen. She kinda kept me alive for a while. The last part of the song is my message to this person, or anybody else who can get something out of it. It's like there's hope and a friendship note at the end of the song. For that song there was also something I tried to work out with various people - a recorded sex act. It was somewhat spontaneous but premediated; something I wanted to put on the record. /../ All these quotes were Axl's 'cause I wasn't there." [An Interview With The Gunners, Hit Parader - March 1988]

lol, Is Izzy spending his time correcting mistruths on Wikipedia inbetween playing w/ Guns?

11/10/06!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 01:53:16 AM »

Izzy Stradlin has said about the song "I wrote this song for this girl who was gonna have a band and she was gonna call it Rocket Queen. She kinda kept me alive for a while. The last part of the song is my message to this person, or anybody else who can get something out of it. It's like there's hope and a friendship note at the end of the song. For that song there was also something I tried to work out with various people - a recorded sex act. It was somewhat spontaneous but premediated; something I wanted to put on the record. /../ All these quotes were Axl's 'cause I wasn't there." [An Interview With The Gunners, Hit Parader - March 1988]

lol, Is Izzy spending his time correcting mistruths on Wikipedia inbetween playing w/ Guns?

I dont understand ... are you saying that you know that Izzy was in the recording studio when those parts of Rocket Queen were recorded?
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 02:23:41 AM »

Pitman on guitar? wtf?

nobody knows how to spell his name... Tongue ...not to mention what his role in GNR is. no

He is also noted on the IMDB as Pitman so I believe this is the correct spelling:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0685738/
Origen
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 04:22:39 AM »

Again, you could write "Chris Pitman co-founded Guns N Roses with Bret Michaels". Just because you can write it on Enwikipedia doesn't make it real/right or correct, ANYONE can edit them pages.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 04:41:30 AM »

Hence why I pointed that out with the first line of my post..

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 06:40:26 AM »

The girls name is Barbi Von Grief, supposedly she was the girl with the band "Rocket Queen", and she says she named the band after her brothers bicycle he had as a kid, and that she used to steal it as well.  This above quote is also mentioned as the meaning in the book "The Band That Time Forgot" and a million other places too!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
deanaxlrose
Rocker

Hey, where's my Avatar ?

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 10:59:10 AM »

Its Chris Tittman.I read it somewhere.

My life is so Fuckin' Boring...Until The Chinese Democracy Comes.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 12:29:13 PM »

Its Chris Tittman.I read it somewhere.

That's a mature approach, keep it up.
Mom
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 03:12:28 PM »

I dont understand ... are you saying that you know that Izzy was in the recording studio when those parts of Rocket Queen were recorded?

No I meant that quote was Axl's but wiki attribuites it to Izzy, and the little add in at the end makes it sound like Izzy himself went on wikipedia to say it's BS.

11/10/06!
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2006, 06:58:05 PM »

You never know, Chris is a talented dude believe it or not. He very well could have picked up a guitar or two during the sessions. Everyone and their mother already has why not Chris? As a matter of fact I played a guitar track on the song Chinese Democracy back in 2000. But Axl Pro-Tools'd the shit out of it and now my contribution is down to about 4 notes in the bridge. C'est la vie.  hihi

Seriously though, you never know. Maybe when we get the album and see the liner notes...I personally can't wait to see who did what.
Mom
Headliner

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2006, 07:07:06 PM »

Maybe when we get the album and see the liner notes...I personally can't wait to see who did what.

I'll throw out my copy of "Moby Dick" to make room on my bookshelf.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 07:18:11 PM by Mom » Logged

11/10/06!
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2006, 08:32:05 PM »

He is also noted on the IMDB as Pitman so I believe this is the correct spelling:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0685738/

they could have fucked it up as well.
my name is Lucano.
there's also a name Luciano.
most people fuck it up, and even write it Lucijano

my passport was fucked up once and written Luciano, so I had to take it out again.
(not to mention all the fuckups in school/sports/mails/bills/credits)

only person that I believe in this case is Chris Pit(t)man.

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
superloconoriega
Big gay Al
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 03:36:28 AM »

PITTMAN = GNR
EFISH
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 02:20:30 AM »

Quote from: WIKIPEDIA-ROBIN FINCK
Today, known for his stage presence and soulful guitarwork, Finck remains a solid member of the current lineup for Guns N' Roses. Fink has been refered to as "Buckethead" by Jack Black of Tenacious D, as a take off on the original guitarist, Slash's trademark top hat, claiming that Guns N Roses new guitarist, meaning Fink, wears a bucket on his head.

HAhaha  everything about robin fincks wikipedia was correct expect for this.. this person is a retard! im changing it now though so its not gonna be there anymore Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: