Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:49:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  NIN to tour with GN'R...?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NIN to tour with GN'R...?  (Read 47089 times)
SuicideUZI
Headliner

Kill Your Idols

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2004, 06:43:40 PM »

well, axl "stole" his guitarplayer...

i wouldnt say axl stole his guitar player, robin finck doesnt do anything on the NIN albums, Trent only uses him when he tours and so far i dont think there has been a conflict of him having to pick either GNR or NIN to tour with

there was an interview with axl in 93 i believe of him talking about wanting to do a solo project or something with Trent but I guess that never happened, actually i think its the same interview where axl talks about the infamous song This I Love

I have no clue how Trent thinks of Axl but at least Axl supported NIN back before they became really big, so Trents gotta give em credit for that at least, The Downward Spiral album rules btw

now the damge is done
and we're back out on the run
funny how everything was roses
when we held onto the guns
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2004, 06:54:38 PM »

I have no clue how Trent thinks of Axl but at least Axl supported NIN back before they became really big
before what? I've never heard of NIN before I read Axl's interviews about this band. I discovered that a band called "NIN" existed around 2001...never heard of them before that.
For me bands who became "really big" are bands like: queen, U2, Guns n' roses, dire straits, oasis, nirvana etc...
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 06:56:23 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2004, 07:02:07 PM »

Falcon is right, who will open the show? Historically, GNR has been bigger, but NIN may have more influence in today's music. There's no way Reznor will open for anybody other than Bowie these days. It'd be hell of a show, but I don't see it happening.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2004, 07:03:48 PM »

I have no clue how Trent thinks of Axl but at least Axl supported NIN back before they became really big
before what? I've never heard of NIN before I read Axl's interviews about this band. I discovered that a band called "NIN" existed around 2001...never heard of them before that.
For me bands who became "really big" are bands like: queen, U2, Guns n' roses, dire straits, oasis, nirvana etc...
Uh, you should read more then.
I don't think this rumour is true but it would be very good to the tour sales (lot of sold outs)....  yes

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2004, 07:12:05 PM »

Funny. I heard about NIN in 1991 when they opened for GN'R. They became the biggest band in that industrial genre in 1994 when they released "The Downward Spiral". Johnny Cash (RIP) even covered a song written by Trent Reznor.

NIN and GN'R on the same tour would be amazing. Always wanted to see those bands (never seen this GN'R line up).

But I don't think it will happen. I don't think any of them would want to be the "opening act".

/jarmo
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 07:17:29 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2004, 07:18:54 PM »

NIN and GN'R on the same tour would be amazing. Always wanted to see those bands (newer seen GN'R).

/jarmo

I thought you'd seen GNR in Stockholm back in '91? Huh
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2004, 07:20:17 PM »

They became the biggest band in that industrial genre in 1994 when they released "The Downward Spiral".
alright but the industrial genre always had a minimal impact. I've never seen an "industrial band" create a big wave in the music industry by selling tons on million albums and sell out stadiums like GN'R or Queen did back in the days.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2004, 07:20:28 PM »

Never and new got mixed up into "newer".   Embarrassed

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2004, 07:24:57 PM »

alright but the industrial genre always had a minimal impact. I've never seen an "industrial band" create a big wave in the music industry by selling tons on million albums and sell out stadiums like GN'R or Queen did back in the days.

The Fragile went to #1 when it was released after 5 years of no new material.  I'd call that a big wave.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2004, 07:27:18 PM »

The only problem is both have been gone for so long and it's different types of music.. You have people saying gnr will sell out arenas/venues alone, but now with another big group/name making a comeback it will be such a pain in the ass to get tickets..

I rather new gnr team with a band not known like NIN..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2004, 07:28:23 PM »

The Fragile went to #1 when it was released after 5 years of no new material.? I'd call that a big wave.
not me. making a #1 means nothing, everyweek there is another #1. would that mean there are 52 big waves a year?...no way. I have also nver heard NIN on french radiostations in my entire life. I only saw once a videoclip on MTV2 (even not on the real MTV). That's not that much for a "big wave"... Rock n' Roll needs better, bigger, and more exiting bands.
outside Rock n' Roll, even if I don't like it that much, britney spears or eminem, that's what I call "big waves", do you see what I mean?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 07:33:11 PM by nesquick » Logged

Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »

hmm, well, since GNR faild to sellout big venues in 2002, maybe they try to tour with a big band like NIN, to sell out big venues again! aha!! Got u Axl!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2004, 07:33:35 PM »

They became the biggest band in that industrial genre in 1994 when they released "The Downward Spiral".
Prodigy annoyed me inthe late 90's//. Cry They seemed to be big for a while..
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2004, 07:36:29 PM »

I remmeber prodigy. I liked them pretty much. was it "industrial rock"? well if it was, prodigy was waaaayy more successfull than NIN. But for me, that style is "has-been". If Axl wrote that kind of songs it could be a failure. WE ARE NOT IN 1996 ANYMORE. The real rock n' roll (with guitars) is coming back (white stripes, the darkness etc...).
« Last Edit: November 01, 2004, 07:41:00 PM by nesquick » Logged

AC
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2004, 08:38:16 PM »

Actually, I don't think either would open for each other. It'd be another one of those double-headliner events like the GN'R & Metallica shows with Faith No More opening.

/AA

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2004, 09:10:59 PM »

Historically, GNR has been bigger, but NIN may have more influence in today's music. There's no way Reznor will open for anybody other than Bowie these days. It'd be hell of a show, but I don't see it happening.

Couldn't agree more, NIN/Trent are (along with Ministry and a few others) considered leaders at the forefront of the industrial genre, highly respected and wildly influential.  The list of people that Trent has sought out to work with is a veritable who's who of artists who might not be the most mainstream, but are respected within the musical community as seminal.  Cash, Bowie, Manson, and Grohl make for pretty heady company.  Being The Cult freak that I am, I'm beyond excited about Reznor's latest collaboration with Ian Astbury, supposedly some extremely heavy material, can't wait.

I would hope Reznor's opinions of Axl wouldn't be soley based on a mutually shared band mate and the perceptions that go along with that, Axl's obviously respected Trent over the years and a co-headlining tour would be a sight to see for sure.

That said, I would expect a full blown GNR reunion would go down before the above would ever happen.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2004, 09:13:48 PM »

I never liked nin's, when I was a senior I heard closer, and it was ok, but never got into the sound,,

Closer is definitely NOT a good example of how amazing NIN truly is.

I suggest you purchase the double album "The Fragile" sit yourself down in front of the stereo and prepare for an amazing journey...

Along with their more straight-ahead industrial rockers, NIN have some really epic songs up there with the likes of Estranged, but obviously they lean more toward the industrial/electronic side of things.

Anyway, a GN'R/NIN tour would be awesome. I saw NIN at Big Day Out in Australia a few years ago and Robin rocked up there with Trent! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2004, 09:44:59 PM »

Can't see it happening, not only does Trent not hold a high opinion of Axl, but there'd be no fitting those 2 egos in the same building..

You sir are HTGTH's official realist.? Axl could probably really use someone like you as an advisor.? But that isn't too rock and roll is it?

Actually, it would be very rock n roll.

No more than 5 members, none of which play a keyboard or any facsimile of.
No 20 minute epic goofiness.
Albums of new material with tours and appearances to promote the band and it's recordings.

Beta's still handling all "advisor" duties and it doesn't look as though Axl's taking applications....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
estranged.1098
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2004, 12:23:10 AM »

Actually, it would be very rock n roll.

No more than 5 members, none of which play a keyboard or any facsimile of.
No 20 minute epic goofiness.
Albums of new material with tours and appearances to promote the band and it's recordings.

Beta's still handling all "advisor" duties and it doesn't look as though Axl's taking applications....

You realize you listed a few "rules" to be RnR?
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2004, 01:51:26 AM »

I think NIN would be glad to open for GN'R.  Why the hell not, I don't recall Axl saying anything negative about Trent and vice versa.  Here's to hoping if Axl ever does tour again.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: