Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:10:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  LOL Paradise City
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: LOL Paradise City  (Read 2518 times)
Bostonrose
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« on: June 07, 2006, 03:13:28 PM »

"Paradise City" is one of the most famous songs made by the hard rock band Guns N' Roses. It is included on the 1987 album Appetite for Destruction. The song's riff is credited to Slash, while he was in another band with Duff McKagan, and the tune just came to him. Along with "Welcome to the Jungle" and "Sweet Child O' Mine", it is one of Guns N' Roses' most enduring influences on the world of music. The famed chorus, "Take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty", is thought to be a reference to heroin, Slash requested it be "Take me down to the paradise city where the girls are fat and they got big titties", but it was turned down. "Paradise City" is (probably coincidentally) also an anagram of 'easy acid trip'.

here's more:

this is funny:
During a later concert, Axl Rose told members of the audience that the Paradise City did not exist. For some fans, this was a distressing event, as they genuinely believed that there was such a place. However, at the end of the song on disc 2 of Live Era: '87-'93, Axl yells "Baby... Please.... Las Vegas..." causing some listeners to think otherwise, though at many concerts, the name of the town that they are in is incorporated ("Baby... Please.... New York...")
from wikipedia

"I never wanted you to be so full of anger, I never wanted you to be somebody else"
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 03:16:59 PM »

Huh Huh Huh ... there is no paradise city, but there sure is such thing as dead horse  Tongue
kaddisonmoore
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 04:09:24 PM »

Huh Huh Huh ... there is no paradise city, but there sure is such thing as dead horse? Tongue
pwnd! lol

the hardest part this troubled heart has ever yet been through now...
http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=icecream&act=idx
Greatest Fucking Forum Ever Made By Myself and a friend
gunsnfnroses
Headliner

You're fucking crazy!

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 04:36:05 PM »

I just posted a topic about the supposed "Perfect Crime" video that I read about on Wikipedia. If this Paradise City shit is from that as well, I feel like a total dumbshit. Sorry for wasting time.

I'm a well-wisher, as in I don't wish you any specific harm
daubs
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 07:03:30 PM »

if you listen to one of the marquee shows from 87' (its soundboard quality, the one where they did whole lotta rosie), in one of the last chorus you hear axl go "take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green-" then you hear slash yell "AND THEY GOT BIG TITTIES!" haha so that confirms this. I heard it when i was high and laughed for like 15 minutes....ahem.
izzyrose
Headliner

Station dudes n' dudettes!!! GUNS N' ROSES!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 07:41:47 PM »

There techincally is no paradise city. I read in an interview that Paradise City was written by Duff about him feeling that he was missing something and he wanted to go back to it in a sense.

ok izzyrose peace
                                                                                beer

:ok: izzyrose:peace:
? ? ? ?  beer
Nighteyes
VIP

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 08:39:52 AM »

if you listen to one of the marquee shows from 87' (its soundboard quality, the one where they did whole lotta rosie), in one of the last chorus you hear axl go "take me down to the paradise city where the grass is green-" then you hear slash yell "AND THEY GOT BIG TITTIES!" haha so that confirms this. I heard it when i was high and laughed for like 15 minutes....ahem.

He did? Hahahaha,that is fuckin funny rofl

shit happens when you party naked
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 08:46:07 AM »

Three steps to making a shit thread.

1. Wikipedia
2. Copy
3. Paste
estrangedpaul
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 09:05:57 AM »

I don't what the big deal is in posting this thread or why some people say this is rubbish just copied off wikipedia. Everything in the first paragraph is well known to be true. The second paragraph is just a rediculous interpretation. Axl clearly just incorporates the city name in every concert for the fun on it. Live Era with Las Vegas along with the Toyko one just happened to be the officially released one. So whoever wrote that paragraph on wikipedia is clearly a dickhead. What was the point of this thread? It didn't exactly tell us everything was well known.

The funniest memory this brings back is Slash on Never Mind The Buzzcocks music quiz show. It was in the round where you had to guess the next line of the song. Host Mark Lamaar, said "take me down to the paradise city" and slash replies where the girls are fat and they got big titties! He got the answer to his own song wrong!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2006, 09:10:50 AM by estrangedpaul » Logged

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: