Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 07:02:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  WTTJ RIO II vs new gnr WTTJ
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTTJ RIO II vs new gnr WTTJ  (Read 4463 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: August 12, 2006, 12:38:01 AM »

for all the people that claim the new band cant play the songs as good as the old. Really should compare them.

WTTJ from the old band
http://youtube.com/watch?v=M1XVaIFmrbU

wttj the new band
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBeTGw9V5E4

If you had just audio of these two, you would not even able to tell the difference. Axl even sounds pretty much the same.

So this whole BS about the new band cant play as well as the old is horse shit.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 02:06:08 AM »

Of course they can play them. They are all talented musicians. The question is if they can write songs as well as the old band?
EFISH
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2006, 03:45:33 AM »

Of course they can play them. They are all talented musicians. The question is if they can write songs as well as the old band?

Good point. And I think CD will show how great these guys are... and even if CD comes out, and then this line-up is no more, it will go down as one hell of a lineup, and one hell of an album. I think Robin Finck's parts are going to stick out the most on this album, and I think he probably has helped the most..
luciano
Banned
Rocker

Axl-Izzy-Slash-Duff-Steven!

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2006, 05:30:24 AM »

Please don't do that.? no
No use comparing the best rock n' roll band ever (Guns n' Roses) Cheesy with the second coming of the best rock n' roll singer ever (Axl)? Smiley with a bunch of good (or great, as you wish) musicians (New Guns n' Roses). Axl could hire Hendrix (R.I.P.) and Keith Richards? Shocked? for his new GN'R and even they could never play Jungle like the boys did.? ?Wink? Specially on those two nights in 1991. Specially on the second night of Rock in Rio II, which has got to be one of the best nights ever for Guns n' Roses? yes - just check Nightrain? ok and You Could be Mine  ok   ok and Bad Apples? Shocked? and Mr. Brownstone? Cool and... Jungle? Grin.

Luciano

Origen
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 06:58:41 AM »

This is one of my favourite versions of WTTJ by the new band.

But a tribute band made up of 14 year old kids could play the songs the same way. It isn't all about that, it's about Chemistry and Stage Presence and new gnr will never over take the old in that.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 10:33:37 PM »

I saw the new band at hammerstein, saw a ton of cover bands play gnr tunes ... theres a big difference.  the new band is good at a concert i really dont think the fans care about whose playing as long as axl is singing, if they ever get cd its till unfair to compare the bands bc the old band made alot of classics that cant be re created, thats why CD will have a completely different sound.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2006, 11:24:00 PM »

this lineup plays Jungle better than the old, no doubt.   
makane
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 08:58:45 AM »

this lineup plays Jungle better than the old, no doubt.? ?
Yeah... right...
Both bands played it/them differently. Old Guns playd with "im drunk and I dont give a fuck" attitude and the new Guns play them a bit more sterile and "professionally".
They both play them great in their own different ways.

YagetoutonyourownAndyoutakeallthatyouownAndyouforgetaboutyourhomeAndthenyou'rejustfuckin'gone!
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 09:30:18 AM »

it's about Chemistry and Stage Presence and new gnr will never over take the old in that.

To my personal opinion they have during this European Tour beer

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 10:18:14 AM »

anyone can play covers, there' bar bands that can play wttj fine, but could they have wriote it or the instrumentals? Anyone with talent can cover a tune, but could they write the songs? All you have to do is listen to afd and see how many other albums are like it.. Wow 8 guys can play a song done by 5
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 01:53:00 PM »

anyone can play covers, there' bar bands that can play wttj fine, but could they have wriote it or the instrumentals? Anyone with talent can cover a tune, but could they write the songs? All you have to do is listen to afd and see how many other albums are like it.. Wow 8 guys can play a song done by 5

doesn't mean we can't appreciate this band's version of a song more.   I see no reason to get excited about a lineup that ended years ago, I like whats going on now.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 07:08:27 PM »

that lineup that ended years ago is the reason the world knows gnr and the one that are staples on every rock station... As they once said on TSI stick with the originals
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 10:51:26 PM »

Mike, I watched my live at the ritz 88 DVD today... Nothing can ever top that show.. Amazing!
Tomorrows
VIP

Stick to your guns

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 02:52:52 AM »

that lineup that ended years ago is the reason the world knows gnr and the one that are staples on every rock station... As they once said on TSI stick with the originals

Yea, exactly. Im following and barracking for the new line up, but to say they are more compelling than the old is just laughable. They havent even released an album.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2006, 04:40:29 AM »

Mike, I watched my live at the ritz 88 DVD today... Nothing can ever top that show.. Amazing!

yeah one of gnr's best gigs, plus they were still new carrying that fire energy, and passion.. The world was bitten by gnr/afd and they never looked back.. That was something in the moment happening ,something huge going on, 88 afd was #1, scom all over.. Now it's more sentimental and carry over from the past.. back then it took the band to make it, now it's just axl and whoever he wants to hire.. Back then iot was their style and music that brought people to the shows, now it's people trying to see what they heard about years ago..
GNR estranged
Rocker

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 05:51:14 PM »

i love the new intro robin does for WTTJ
novemberparadise23
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 02:08:46 AM »

honestly i think both versions kick ass new and old

"life sucks, but in a really beautiful kind of way."
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »