Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 01:59:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227847 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Your Friends Reaction to GNR (the new band)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your Friends Reaction to GNR (the new band)  (Read 20477 times)
blueheart
Rocker

Demy C.S.I.

« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2006, 04:19:37 AM »

Most of them don't really care if there are new members in the band as long as they can listen to good music  Smiley

I gave 3 tickets to my cousin for her birthday in July - she doesn't like this kind of music but she came cause she knew that GNR is my favourite group since we were kids and because she know all their popular songs.

After the concert she said that she never had such a good time before.

My best friend used to listen to them back in 90's but lately she doesn't like rock/metal music at all.
She can listen to their ballads but not the angry songs.

I gave her the new songs and she said that she really loves their new music - she even has "better" as ringtone - and that she is going definetely to buy the new record.

I guess most people are negative cause of Slash but if they go to attend a show I am sure that the will change their mind for sure  Smiley

FernandoR
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2006, 09:45:24 AM »

my friends all hate it.
They say "without Slash is not the same" "this is not Guns N' Roses" " this is another band"...
well, I agree with them but I can't stop loving this band
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2006, 11:49:51 AM »

Do they really hate it?

That's fine that some people think Guns N' Roses is not the same Guns N' Roses of the past but another band.
And if they don't like the change that's that.
However, why the hell they hate the band for that is totally beyond me. 
How can anyone hate "another band" they don't know?  Huh

No band is exactly the same after a decade or two, like it or not.
I hear even the beatles has many fans that dislike its later songs. Just a matter of taste.
Likewise, they will win new fans that won't dig the old band. Be prepared ok

Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #43 on: October 12, 2006, 07:02:51 AM »

No band is exactly the same after a decade or two, like it or not.
I hear even the beatles has many fans that dislike its later songs. Just a matter of taste.

Yes, but if Paul McCartney went on tour next week as The Beatles would you accept he fact that people would say 'This isnt the Beatles at all'? Thats the point that people are making with this new 'Guns N Roses'.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2006, 10:19:44 AM »

if Paul McCartney went on tour next week as The Beatles would you accept he fact that people would say 'This isnt the Beatles at all'?

Sorry but what is the fact there? The fact is that he hasn't tour as beatles and people hasn't said anything.
And although I like their music, I'm not keen on the beatles as a band. I wasn't around when the band was alive.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2006, 10:19:59 AM »

Yep. As much as I love the new guys, and I think they rock just as much as the old guys, this will be an uphill battle for this band, and one they will never escape.

They aren't gonna rule the world folks.

It'll be us hardcores, and the new generation casuals that get into it, and it'll be successful.

But it will forever be viewed as GNR-lite

That's the truth, ruth.

It's just like the above example. Say Mick Jagger started touring with a new group of guys, but called himself, The Rolling Stones. There's gonna be alot of people that have a problem with that.

To me, Axl Rose is Guns N' Roses. So it's not a big hurdle. But I can certaintly understand for some it is.

But no matter how good these new guys are, people are still gonna hate that wanna hang on to this memory of 1991.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2006, 10:24:35 AM »

if Paul McCartney went on tour next week as The Beatles would you accept he fact that people would say 'This isnt the Beatles at all'?

Sorry but what is the fact there? The fact is that he hasn't tour as beatles and people hasn't said anything.
And although I like their music, I'm not keen on the beatles as a band. I wasn't around when the band was alive.

The fact is, the majority of music fans view The Beatles as Paul, John, Ringo & George. Not Paul, and three new guys.

For the younger kids, this will be GNR for a new generation. For the 21st century, and I think that's fuckin' great. It'll be cool as hell to introduce an entirely new audience to this band as GNR, and that's all they know of as GNR is Axl, Robin, Richard, Ron, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy, Chris, and sometimes Izzy.

The better question is, say the new band is huge.... when GNR go into the rock hall of fame... who's gonna represent the makeup of the band?

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #47 on: October 12, 2006, 02:53:34 PM »

The fact is, the majority of music fans view The Beatles as Paul, John, Ringo & George. Not Paul, and three new guys.
For the younger kids, this will be GNR for a new generation. For the 21st century, and I think that's fuckin' great. It'll be cool as hell to introduce an entirely new audience to this band as GNR, and that's all they know of as GNR is Axl, Robin, Richard, Ron, Tommy, Brain, Dizzy, Chris, and sometimes Izzy.

The better question is, say the new band is huge.... when GNR go into the rock hall of fame... who's gonna represent the makeup of the band?

I couldn't care less about the hall of fame thingy.
Maybe I should be glad for them when it happens but I can't see the band taking the fame into account.

Ruling the world is not a musicians do. It's more like what some country's Government would like to do.

To my mind a band is not just a person (= a solo) or the people in it.
A band is something like a spirit of music inhabits in the band.

like I said, the Beatles is dead since when all the members left it and the music remains.
GNR is alive and the story continues after the long break.

What great about the story is that lightning has struck the same band twice.
and that is causing what punk/nirvana did to the scene, for the GNR fan base.
No band ever made it.
Wolfpac
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: October 12, 2006, 06:14:18 PM »

By Mr. Redfield
But dude... you like Buckcherry and Motley Crue.? Enough said.

- But dude, you're an Axl Cocksucker....... 'Nuff said....
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #49 on: October 12, 2006, 08:06:19 PM »

I couldn't care less about the hall of fame thingy.
Maybe I should be glad for them when it happens but I can't see the band taking the fame into account.

Ruling the world is not a musicians do. It's more like what some country's Government would like to do.

To my mind a band is not just a person (= a solo) or the people in it.
A band is something like a spirit of music inhabits in the band.

like I said, the Beatles is dead since when all the members left it and the music remains.
GNR is alive and the story continues after the long break.

What great about the story is that lightning has struck the same band twice.
and that is causing what punk/nirvana did to the scene, for the GNR fan base.
No band ever made it.

You don't get what we're saying...

and by the way, GNR hasn't made it yet either.

As far as 98% of the world is concerned, GNR died in 1993.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Locomotive98
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2006, 02:59:06 AM »

Christ, is that hard to understand what Im saying??

Im saying that if Mccartney reformd the Beatles with a bunch of hired hands and went on tour as the Beatles then everyone would think it a complete and utter sham. Thats what everyone I know thinks of 'Guns N Roses' as its just one guy and none of the original members - Thats why they treat it as a joke.

I'm just using the Beatles as an example. I dont care if you like them or not, that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

'Once there was this rock n' roll band rolling on the street, time went by and it became a joke'.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2006, 03:39:12 AM »

Exactly what I was trying to say.

All they keep responding with is basically a 'so what' comeback.

If that's it, and that's how you feel, that's fine. But ppbebe, you're fooling yourself if you believe no one else sees it that way.

This is reality, and will be an uphill battle for this new band. I've tried to get so So SO many people interested in these new guys, because they rock, and I keep getting smacked in the face.

Most common response given...

"It isn't Guns N' Roses without Slash!"

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #52 on: October 13, 2006, 11:19:54 AM »

By Mr. Redfield
But dude... you like Buckcherry and Motley Crue.? Enough said.

- But dude, you're an Axl Cocksucker....... 'Nuff said....

rofl Hardly.  In fact, compared to the majority of people on here who seem to believe GN'R are going to be the biggest band in the world again as soon as they release the record, I could be considered a detractor.

But forgive me if I can't take someone who likes shit like Motley Crue seriously... you only have yourselves to blame.
Mauve_All
Rocker

« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2006, 04:22:28 PM »

I went with some friends to GnR show in Malaksa, Greece in July this year. Three of them loved the new band, the fourth couldn't care less as he's a major Axl fan, so he was satisfied, and the fifth didn't like it. Not because the musicians were bad, but "because GnR aren't dirty anymore", that's what he said.

I'm a drinker with writing problems
http://www.myspace.com/mauve_all
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2006, 09:19:27 PM »

Mauve_All, the fifth guy must be very grimy.  Tongue

You don't get what we're saying...

we? Who  Huh 

Basically what you were calling "da fact" was not a fact but a mere supposition. Or did someone conduct an investigation?

And I guess you don't get what I said either.
between the lines I said If it's old guys vs new thingy again, I'm not into it.
It's like arguing about who's the real rock n' roll, Elvis or arctic monkeys? or insert any coming rock act into the latter and you get the point.

and by the way, GNR hasn't made it yet either.

That's where the real thrill of this game lies.
It's just starting. It's unpredictable. The best things are ahead of us. ok
Otherwise would you be so hell eager to support them? 

As far as 98% of the world is concerned, GNR died in 1993.

again, mere supposition.
I bet more than half of the whole world is yet to hear the name.
The world is huge. it revolves around me tho. yes
MrBrOwNsToNeR
Rocker

http://www.myspace.com/pellostone

« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2006, 05:46:06 AM »

hey you should realize that many poeple are NOT GNR FANS.

old gnr or new they are not fans so they don't care about the new lineup...

I'know someone who went to Paris 93 show ... he says that "this band was not a real Rock N' Roll band" ... "the show sucked" ...

when i talked him about GNR2006 he laughed a lot and said that GNR was not a rock n roll band since 80's...

For many poeple GNR is "has been" ... just old fashioned rock n roll band ... to old ...  Roll Eyes
And really I ve got only ONE friend who cares about GNR2006. They will never be as popular as in the 80-90's ... nobody cares about the old fashioned Rock N Roll...
the situation is not the same.... rap music is here, new metal ...

« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 05:51:13 AM by MrBrOwNsToNeR » Logged

AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2006, 07:12:05 AM »

It's a shame, because nothing about the new songs can be described as "old-fashioned rock n' roll".  But many people will probably never know, because they'll take one look at the name and avoid it at all costs.
AtariLegend
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2006, 07:47:59 PM »

I would give a answer but truth be told I have no friends, I just sit by my PC 15 hours a day waiting for Axl news, and a new NIN album.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #58 on: October 17, 2006, 06:09:56 PM »

yeah I know alot of people who say its not the real band...well it isnt, but nobody was complaining during the Use your illusion tour which only consisted of 3 original members.... I say if slash was in the band NOBODY would question whether or not this is gnr, even if they didnt have Duff.... now by nobody i mean the general public....
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #59 on: October 17, 2006, 09:38:27 PM »

Yep. The bottom line is people looked at GNR, as Axl & Slash. Just like the Stones = Mick & Keith, Zeppelin = Robert & Jimmy, Aerosmith = Steven & Joe, Queen = Freddie & Brian, etc.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: