Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 11:41:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227913 Posts in 43253 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Yet another "Chinese Democracy" cheap shot....
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Yet another "Chinese Democracy" cheap shot....  (Read 18538 times)
« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2007, 01:42:39 PM »

Or the people who made that Jersey Girl flick.
Kevin Smith only gets bad press. In his case, any press is bad press.
Axlrose4eva
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2007, 01:44:45 PM »

Its not worth 13 years, it cost Axl his prime.
Most people think its going to be awful, in fact most reviews i saw for Better (granted its unfinished) were negative.

This article was funny, it pretty much is saying that its the type of album that you dont know what will come of it.  Its not formulaic in any way.  In my opinion thats actually a compliment.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2007, 01:47:44 PM »

Or the people who made that Jersey Girl flick.
Kevin Smith only gets bad press. In his case, any press is bad press.

dude that whole movie got bad press.

Not all of homeboys press is bad.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2007, 01:51:07 PM »

dude that whole movie got bad press.

Not all of homeboys press is bad.

Yeah, it is. The best reviews Smith gets are still covered with disclaimers, "It's good, for a dick-joke movie!"

The whole movie got bad press because it stars Affleck. He's another bad press magnet.

Now we're up to three! Sometimes bad press is just bad press.
freddiebrph
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2007, 02:03:16 PM »

i dont understand the whole, its not worth the wait thing.

how can something not be worth the wait if you dont actually invest any time/effort/money/etc in it. people involved in it can say they're bored of waiting for it to come out and walk away (bucket) but fans and critics are involved through interest only.

whatever we get is simply a bonus, axl owes us nothing. the record label he owes a bit (13mil) but nothing to us.

This is a good post. Except for the overuse of the stupid axl owes us nothing thing. I agree with 2na, how can we say or anyone if it was worth the wait. Gnr gave us some great music, some time went by (in this case, alot of time) then another album came out. The day it finally gets here, is your life really going to change? No, the same problems of the world will still be here, we can just listen to a new gnr album, thats all. I am sure if Axl really wanted to release 10 albums now, he could have. People act like he has been working on this all these years, I dont really think so.
slashsbaconpit
Rocker

If it opens your eyes ...

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2007, 02:03:24 PM »

I agree that it's not that bad. It is written tongue and cheeck, and honestly, at this point, you have to have a sense of humor over this whole thing or it's just too much for any sane person to take.

I agree. This whole thing with "Those Fuckers in the press are gonna be sorry when CD finally is released" thing is getting old. This guy wasn't saying anything bad about God Axl, he was just poking some good natured fun at the situation.

GNR is well deserving of some criticism after all the times we've been told "CD is almost done, here's the CD World Tour, oh wait, we're cancelling the rest of tour, we don't owe anyone shit, the album will happen when it happens, if it happens. It's almost done!"

Don't ask what your country can do for you, ask what your country can do for GNR!
redx
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2007, 02:08:22 PM »

All in all, quite a funny read  Grin
Wingman17
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2007, 02:15:55 PM »

Here's a  link to an article on MSN.

http://music.msn.com/music/features/crazyalbum?GT1=9185
spyder8739
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2007, 02:16:36 PM »

its been posted 3 times already  Undecided
Wingman17
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2007, 02:17:37 PM »

Sorry
DirtySanchez
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2007, 03:20:05 PM »

Most people think its going to be awful, in fact most reviews i saw for Better (granted its unfinished) were negative.
probably been posted, but the review of Better in the last issue rolling stone (not that i care about their opinion) was mostly postitive. they said the different style guitar solos sounded disjointed but over all i believe the quote was something like "the most kick ass GnR song ever".
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2007, 03:30:02 PM »

Sorry, but any album that takes as long as Chinese Democracy has taken and still not come out is justified in being mocked, or taking cheap shots at hihi

Just cause it's Axl people feel the need toi be his defence attorney.....Axl may get the last laugh but until CD is released, we'll never know Embarrassed
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: