Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:14:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dizzy's wife Lisa says...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dizzy's wife Lisa says...  (Read 26243 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2004, 08:22:30 PM »

I don't understand it. Just because somebody won't tell you everything he/she knows, doesn't mean he/she knows nothing.

If you think Lisa Reed, Dizzy's wife, knows as much as the fans, then I think you're living in some kind of weird fantasy land.

I guess this means Axl knows nothing about the new material he's been working on since he won't say anything?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2004, 09:52:39 PM »

I don't understand it. Just because somebody won't tell you everything he/she knows, doesn't mean he/she knows nothing.

If you think Lisa Reed, Dizzy's wife, knows as much as the fans, then I think you're living in some kind of weird fantasy land.

I guess this means Axl knows nothing about the new material he's been working on since he won't say anything?  hihi

/jarmo

the sad part is its getting to the point where some wonder if axl even has anynew material so maybe axl doesnt know what hes working on

i dont doubt that aunt ger and dizzy's wife no more than we do

however i believe they know absolutely as much as we do when it comes to when chinese democracy will be released, cause im not even sure axl himself knows the answer to that question

id rather have zero rumors or news then have someone get our hopes up and it not be true a la chinese democracy will be released by thanksgiving etc

i know blame it on axl but the facts are if whomever never reported any inside info it wouldnt make axl *who never said any of it* look so bad when those insider release dates dont happen

do we curse aunt ger for being wrong about thanksgiving?

no we blame good ole uncle axl who never once mentioned anything about thanksgiving

thats where it starts making me mad is when it places more blame on axl then he already deserves, axl said when theres something to report u will hear from me, so since axl hasnt reported that obviously means there is nothing to report, end of story

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2004, 11:05:33 PM »

the sad part is its getting to the point where some wonder if axl even has anynew material so maybe axl doesnt know what hes working on
No, the sad part is that gnr fans cant understand the fact that there is no information on chinese democracy or the follow ups because it is not for us to know. Maybe gnr knows what they are working on and dont wanna tell anyone. Maybe they wanna keep it a big surprise. Its sad that gnr fans think they should be rewarded. You are only a music fan. Your reward is music. Gnr have worked their asses off to put together ther best possible albums they can make. If you want more than that then go somewhere else.
however i believe they know absolutely as much as we do when it comes to when chinese democracy will be released, cause im not even sure axl himself knows the answer to that question
SO if you go by that then why are you getting on the other members for not knowing anything?
Im sure if it was up to them the members would have released the album awhile back. BUt axl wants to hold nothing back. As for release dates, the band knows everyhting there is to know, so they dont get frusterated.
thats where it starts making me mad is when it places more blame on axl then he already deserves, axl said when theres something to report u will hear from me, so since axl hasnt reported that obviously means there is nothing to report, end of story
Your 100% right. And thats the number one problem and why gnr has become a joke. The internet has been good and bad for gnr, for the most part good. BUt when fans create bullshit rumors, bullshit interviews, pretend to be ceo's of record companies, marketing experts, and everything else under the sun and do that day in and day out for a very long time it all adds up and gets people frusterated.

now half of you are saying "gee golly if they just updated the site and or axl gave us lil updates there wouldnt be that problem". True but they dont. You cant rebuild somethign that was huge overnight. They have said when there is news you will know about it. Has the band shot themselves in the foot by saying things here and there and then not meeting them. Yes but never once have they mentioned a specific month or date. Their comments are allows followed by if things go right, etc. Obiviously things havnt for whatver reason. Looks like a lot of the shit has to do with record label stuff more than anything.

Point is relax. The album will be in your hands one day. You choose to involve yourself in the soap opera on a day in day out basis all of these years. And thats totally fine. But all they ask is for you to hang in there and be patient. Your reward will be thier best efforts. Thats all a music fan can ask for if you ask me. All i could ask for is that the band gives me their best efforts on an album and when they tour they gve their best live effort. Anything more than that is gravy. If they are great woth their fans in communication and say hello on a website more power to them and even better for us. But for the time being they arent. Does that mean they dont care or they suck? Hell fukin no. I rather have a memorable album in my hand to show off rather than a mediocre album with a hello on a website. but thats just me.

Is it frustrate. of course but cmon people this is gnr. nothing is by the book. Its always a circus but when its all said and done its always about the music. The old delivered in that department now lets see if this era continues that tradition. My rolex is on the table, you matching?
dude they dropped a lot of their self respect the day they signed on the dotted line to play in NEW guns nroses, playing old members parts is dropping some respect in my opinion, so yes for them to drop their musical integrity to be a replacement band i think they are doing as axl says and are cashing the checks
I know so there in gnr to play old gnr songs? Your dumb as hell if you think what you just posted is true. They have been working on 3 albums. Last tour was to hear the classics one last time and for this band to get out of the studio. If you wanna say they are sellouts for doing that then i feel bad for you.

3 albums owrth of material does not qualify for a replacement band buddy. Stop getting upset that the albums arent out yet. Ive said this a few times now...Tommy is a punk legend, finck has been in this band since 97, bucket is all about the music. DO you honestly think those guys are in it for the money. They have been a band since 98/99. MAking music as a band. They soon will be the bggest names in music. Kids will have buckethead posters on thier wall because of the material he created with gnr. A lot of you people just dont get it.
BUt ya'll find out foryourselves soon...

I guess this means Axl knows nothing about the new material he's been working on since he won't say anything?
100% correct

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
lisaoreflex
Opening Act

Loved Axl from the beginning.

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2004, 12:59:18 AM »

BRAVO  Younggunner BRAVO peace hihi

Music brings the world together in one united sound.
Let's unite and ROCK the world.
kockstar99
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2004, 01:52:43 AM »

i dont doubt that aunt ger and dizzy's wife no more than we do

id rather have zero rumors or news then have someone get our hopes up and it not be true a la chinese democracy will be released by thanksgiving etc

i know blame it on axl but the facts are if whomever never reported any inside info it wouldnt make axl *who never said any of it* look so bad when those insider release dates dont happen

do we curse aunt ger for being wrong about thanksgiving?

no we blame good ole uncle axl who never once mentioned anything about thanksgiving

I agree with you 10000 percent..... everyone blame axl for the records delay... even tho there is a band, managment, record company, lawyers, contracts,  designers, .......a million other people that have thier hands in this project....but coz he sings the fucking songs its all his fault.....  sure lisa knows what her husband tells her.... but come on wifes and girlfriends dont know what goes on in the band.. behind the scenes.... or on the road....  when axl wants us to know something he will fucking tell us...he knows how to use the phone or the press or the internet...
gabble
Rocker

I-E-A-I-A-I-O

« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2004, 01:18:38 PM »

sure lisa knows what her husband tells her.... but come on wifes and girlfriends dont know what goes on in the band.. behind the scenes.... or on the road....  

1. Lisa and her kids often tour with the band.  During the show you can often spot them sitting on the stage or by the front of the stage.
2. She's heard a lot of the new songs.  She may not have all the answers but at least she's heard the friggin' songs.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2004, 02:19:12 PM »

Lisa knows a lot, unfortunately she said that they're not allowed to say anything as everything is a big secret.

On another note, here's something for everyone to blow out of all proportion:
Dizzy said he hoped to have the album in his hands by the next visit to Chicago, which happens to be 24th MARCH 2004.

@#$%Muther
kockstar99
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2004, 03:03:14 PM »

1. Lisa and her kids often tour with the band.  During the show you can often spot them sitting on the stage or by the front of the stage.
2. She's heard a lot of the new songs.  She may not have all the answers but at least she's heard the friggin' songs.

ooooooooo big fucking deal....shut the fuck up
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2004, 03:11:52 PM »

Dude? You kiss your mother with that mouth?

WTF, all she did was point out that Lisa might be a little more connected than the typical significant other? What's with the fucking hostility, huh?  Jesus....

Really, dude...try decaf.  There's some brands that are just as tasty as the real thing...
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 03:13:19 PM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
McGann
Haiku writing motherfucker
VIP

My hat is HEAVY-DUTY tinfoil

« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2004, 03:23:04 PM »

I'm starting to suspect that kockstar and rocktar are the same guy. Grin
On a more serious note, I think that we'd be fools NOT to think that Lisa has info.  People can bitch all they want about "Dizzy doesn't know anything" but the fact is that Dizzy is most likely as "in the know" as anybody on earth.  He reports what he's told that doesn't violate confidentiality agreements, and plans change!  I mean, c'mon!!  
Give Lisa--and Dizzy--a break.  They're doing what they can to keep us informed.
Sorry...a little disjointed again.  Work is a distraction. Tongue
/Mike

"When fascism came to America, it was called 'Political Correctness' and waved a culturally relative flag."
-Mike McGann
SLCPUNK
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2004, 04:43:32 PM »

WTF, all she did was point out that Lisa might be a little more connected than the typical significant other? What's with the fucking hostility, huh?  Jesus....

Really, dude...try decaf.  There's some brands that are just as tasty as the real thing...

Indeed...

(ala "Real Genius")
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2004, 04:50:57 PM »

Indeed...

(ala "Real Genius")

Nice catch. One of my all time favorite movies.  ok

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
SLCPUNK
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2004, 05:07:28 PM »

Indeed...

(ala "Real Genius")

Nice catch. One of my all time favorite movies.  ok

I remember seeing it in the theatre back in 84. I have probably seen it 100 times. Haha, I should break down and buy a copy. Might save me money in the long run.

"Is it the dream where girls are throwing pickles at you?"  hihi
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 05:08:13 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2004, 05:29:11 PM »

Please get out of this thread if you can't discuss things normally.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2004, 07:50:34 PM »

i watched wrestling last night and i saw the rock so its time for a world famous D promo hihi

young gunner who in the blue hell do u think u are?

it doesnt matter who u are!!!!! rofl

ok i got that out of my system hihi

i never said they were sellouts, tommy stinson punk legend?  Roll Eyes ill leave it at that

robin finck has as much stage presence as taylor hanson

buckethead is an awesome guitarist but still has to prove he can be a guns n roses guitarist

dave navarro is a great guitarist but he couldnt cut it with the chili peppers cause sylistic differences, so we will see

brain sounds like the drums on the st anger album, enough said

richard fortus......... good energy but always has a certain horrible stigma over his head but however he is the most dangerous member of guns n roses *cause he played with nsync and still has a career, u have to be dangerous to play with those guys

dizzy, havent heard him write anything but silk worms with chris which i love that song, he basicallyplays the piano parts axl writes so who cares anyhow, pittman i think will have some interesting sauce on the cd

if u dont think money has nothin to do with them stickin around i think u are wrong, it doesnt have everything to do but it sure has something to do with it

no one knows anything about chinese democracy, the bandmembers keep giving us ridiculous shit that makes axl look even worse, thanksgiving *we believed* march 24th we believe* i dont believe anything unless it is spoken by Mr W Axl Rose and even then i take it with a grain of salt cause he is the king of false promises  *see ya next summer anybody? nuff said!

« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 07:51:15 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2004, 08:02:35 PM »

Dizzy and his wife don't know shit.  Come on.  I met Dizzy twice last year at the cat club and everything he told me came out to be bullshit.  
SLCPUNK
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2004, 08:05:28 PM »

Dizzy and his wife don't know shit.  Come on.  I met Dizzy twice last year at the cat club and everything he told me came out to be bullshit.  

Yea you can only base somebodies word on their past word.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2004, 08:09:22 PM »

I guess Axl doesn't know shit either then....

/jarmo

privatereserve
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2004, 08:40:12 PM »

Axl knows everything.  Shit hes the one with the steering wheel driving the gnr machine.  Come on people haven't you realized that the other members have contracts that they can't say anything.  Axl is the one who can tell them its ok to talk about it or the other members want to keep it secret too.  My gut feeling is the album is done.  YES done.  Axl is just working out the kinks with the record label and working out a tour for them.  Just my 2 cents

/jarmo
kockstar99
« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2004, 10:53:11 PM »

/jarmo

Dizzy and his wife are not Axl.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: