Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 06:41:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227842 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HANOI ROCKS Singer: AXL ROSE Was Scared Of Sharing The Stage With Us
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: HANOI ROCKS Singer: AXL ROSE Was Scared Of Sharing The Stage With Us  (Read 27776 times)
kockstar99
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2004, 08:19:23 PM »

Isnt Axl's Tattoo of the Rocker Face supposed to be a picture of Michael Monroe?  I think so... anyone???
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2004, 09:26:13 PM »

BH mediorce? Give me a break. The only reason he said that is because he is still close with slash.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2004, 09:34:09 PM »

Stop it. Beeing a good guitarist is not only playing 1000 notes per seconds, that's not that. Rock n' Roll is FEELING. Buckethead is technically amazing, probably better than Slash, faster, whatever you want, but in fact Buckethead is pretty weak: feeling: 0/10 charisma: 0/10  image/0/10 impact: 0/10. he is WEAK.
beeing "Rock n' Roll" is something you are, or you are not. It comes from your soul, it's inside you. That is the meaning of the word "music".
Slash is, Buckethead is not and will never be.

end of story.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 09:40:25 PM by rocktar81 » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2004, 09:41:35 PM »

I can't believe it's happening again.....  crying

Stop it, end of story.  Tongue

"rocktar81", go hang around in the Dead Horse section and come back when you've done with the "Bh vs Slash" discussion. Thank you.  ok

Mike Monroe is telling Axl to reunite with the old band. Mike himself refused to reunite with Any McCoy for years....  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
rocktar81
Leaving this board
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2004, 09:46:12 PM »

"rocktar81", go hang around in the Dead Horse section and come back when you've done with the "Bh vs Slash" discussion. Thank you

well Jarmo, I think unfortunately the "slash VS Buckethead" is something that will always happen for every Guns n' Roses fan on this planet...
even you, I'm sure you have your own opinion on this thing don't you?
I understand you don't want me to talk about it in this thread. that's ok. I won't do it anymore.
good night.  smoking
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2004, 09:54:29 PM »

well Jarmo, I think unfortunately the "slash VS Buckethead" is something that will always happen for every Guns n' Roses fan on this planet...
even you, I'm sure you have your own opinion on this thing don't you?

Yeah, my opinion is: Why argue about personal taste.

There you go.

On topic: I wonder how "well" Mike Monroe really knows Axl. They probably haven't met since the 90s. A lot can happen in ten years.

Edit: Split topic since we really don't need a new "BH vs Slash" topic...

/jarmo
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 10:00:40 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2004, 09:58:25 PM »

Why is it always washed up rock stars that talk shit about axl, yet respect people like  Brian May, Zack Wylde and Elton John all talk very highly of Axl Rose?

Just something to think about.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 10:13:59 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
bill213
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2004, 10:39:16 PM »

Regardless of how what or who Axl has in GNR, I think he's always shown the utmost respect for Mike Monroe and even rereleased his damned albums on their label.  For Monroe to even make one tiny comment in negative retrospect for Axl is just a big slap in the face and I'm sure Axl probably feels happy that one of his idols has something bad to say.  Oh well just another Double Talkin' Jive motherfucker
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2004, 01:33:45 AM »

Regardless of how what or who Axl has in GNR, I think he's always shown the utmost respect for Mike Monroe and even rereleased his damned albums on their label.  For Monroe to even make one tiny comment in negative retrospect for Axl is just a big slap in the face and I'm sure Axl probably feels happy that one of his idols has something bad to say.  Oh well just another Double Talkin' Jive motherfucker

great post bill!

imagine having all the people u thought were your friends all of a sudden turn on you

who cares about guns n roses, its only a band, there is still an axl rose the person and mike has no reason to talk shit about axl, hell how many new members have hanoi rocks had?

mike monroe shut up! please! u ungrateful bastard!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
SlashFan
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2004, 02:04:31 AM »

it's obvious that he is trying to stir some shit!

trying to kiss up to Slash - possibly trying to connect for touring in USA

whatever the case is for his comments, get a life! I don't see AXL giving statements to magazines about him.

He is getting a lot of people pissed off with him lately though. Over at metal sludge his isn't making any friends in Nikki Six or Traci Gunns.

Why do people have to bash AXL for "mental problems?" Give the guy a break about his personal life.

This guy seems very fucked up and resentful with the industry because his band never received the success it could have!

I say loooooser!!!!
 ok

I agree with this person. ok
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2004, 02:49:15 AM »

Haha what an ego Monroe has, as if half the crowd would even know who the fuck he was!

Roll Eyes you just don't get it, do you.. Roll Eyes Monroe has his past with LA scene..they never did make it through but it's just sad that some posters don't have any kind of respect for old timers no more. the man was/is kind of "name" when these hair metal bands started to born...among them Hanoi Rocks is underground legend and influence...

I bet most of people don't even know what they are really talking about not to mention Hanoi rocks's/Mike Monroe's/Andy Mccoy's history...I just say these guys are true rockers, they don't care what others are writing about their style, they do it with heart, they aren't for selling out..never have been. They are Hanoi Rocks, the rock and roll band, that is what it counts for them.

But here some snoppy posters seems to consider themselves as a highest truth and even doesn't got their facts straight...and funny part of this is that I bet most of the posters haven't even heard any songs from them. They just somehow feel to have the rights to write shit about the band. Just go and buy their latest album "twelve shots on the rocks" and then come here to write about the band and Mike. Maybe then you would have some weight in your words and bashing.

and yes. Hanoi is making few gigs in USA so he's being asked some questions and he answers to them.

edit. I really didn't find any shit talking in Mikes answers..they were just his own opinions..but shit talking..hmm, I didn't find any.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 03:24:34 AM by John Daniels » Logged
Methanol
Rocker

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2004, 02:58:09 AM »

I'd say the biggest difference between reborn Hanoi Rocks and current Guns N Roses is that Hanoi rocks managed to put out a killer new cd which is something the new GNR seems to be totally incapable of doing... Best stuff on 12 Shots literally pisses all over on everything I've heard from the new GNR so far.

The band is currently on promotional tour in the US btw...
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 03:00:23 AM by Methanol » Logged

wonderall
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2004, 03:17:29 AM »

As far as I am concerned, we are all in the jungle.  I am sadend and have looked for something in the whole theme, but reality rules, sooooooooooo far. You think, maybe it is as easy as opening up and saying...MAN I F-UP.

You know, drugs f-u-up, especially in those days...end of story.  You don't think straight.   Time goes by.  There is an re-action for every action.  Some people actually go to bed at night and give a shit.  The others who don't, oh well, get in the ring...

It was neat to hear this post, but life goes on. (apparently)

It's f-up how drinking/drugs took over their life.  That happens.  Cause your sooo miserable, it numbs you.

You have to survive and grow up sometime. I think they have.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 11:45:54 AM by cat NOT having fun:) » Logged
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2004, 03:52:23 AM »

First of all
1) Hanoi Rocks are extremely popualr in Japan, contary too what many people are saying
2) Hanoi rocks nevermade it really big (outside of Japan) as so to call MM "washed up" just becasue Hanoi Rocks dont play areans is utter crap - go listen to the "Twelve shots on the rocks" album or the single "A day late a dollar short"
3) I cant see any reason why this story aint true. In fact it sounds very much like something Axl would do - he already barred ex bandmembers from gigs - cant see why its cant be ex friends also.
4)There wouldnt have been a Gn'R if it haddnt of been for Hanoi Rocks - Axls qouted as saying that himself. They influenced Gn'R and pretty much the whole glam/ hard rock scene of the 80's. Go look at pictures of Axl and especially Izzy in the 80's - copying Michael Monroes and Andy McCoys look - theres quotes from the band memebers saying Izzy would try and look and act like Hanoi and dress the band up like them - so give them some respect!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 03:56:25 AM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
Death Cube K
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2004, 03:54:22 AM »

He's either way full of errors.

Axl said "Tokyo", but corrected himself and had some fun with it, even at shows later on. No big deal.

To even characterize Buckethead as mediocre proves you dont really know what you're talking about.

Seeing the new GNR as a band without feel depends on where you come from. Put a guy that's never seen GNR infront of the TV and let him watch the Columbus DVD with the new GNR and then let him watch Tokyo 92 with the old band.  I bet anyone 100 bucks that he will pick the new GNR as the band who rocks the most.

But if you've been in the scene...saw old GNR and got used to that, it's a lot harder, coz it's not the same people. If you get used to a top hat and suddenly see a KFC hat, you pick the first one.

Doesnt really matter what he says, he doesnt have a clue.
Methanol
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2004, 04:23:42 AM »

I think GNR fans (especially Axl fans) read all interviews like "the devil reads the bible" way, over analysing everything, trying to find hidden meanings of things what was said etc. Let's face the reality: Guns N Roses is a band where everything is supposed to be happen somewhere in the blurry future while with bands like Hanoi Rocks things are happening right here, right now.

As for Michael's comments of Buckethead... I think he's damn right. Buckethead is (or was, isn't he rumored to have left the band?) a technically good fretboard wanker but nothing more.

The Columbus DVD vs. Tokyo 92 comparison is interesting in the light of which lineup wrote the songs? hehe

Death Cube K
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2004, 04:35:28 AM »

The Columbus DVD vs. Tokyo 92 comparison is interesting in the light of which lineup wrote the songs? hehe

That's not the point. The point was charisma and being able to do a cool show onstage.
John Daniels
I wish I could edit this custom title.
VIP

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2004, 04:41:09 AM »

Doesnt really matter what he says, he doesnt have a clue.

you say that..I think you don't get it..Monroe toured with GNR back in the days being as a guest-member of GNR. he did see what went on with the guys etc.

but yeah..let's say that you have a clue and your posts is  what accounts and Mike's doesn't and he don't get the picture..duh  Roll Eyes....satisfied??
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 07:01:10 AM by John Daniels » Logged
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2004, 06:07:20 AM »

Haha what an ego Monroe has, as if half the crowd would even know who the fuck he was!

Yeah  rofl fuck him

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
axe
Rocker

« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2004, 06:52:48 AM »

Can we even be sure that Monroe was talking about Buckethead when he said the thing about a mediocre guitarist? He didn't mention a name and the guy who wrote the piece had added [Buckethead] in there. Maybe he was talking about Finck?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: