Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 01:22:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227910 Posts in 43252 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  To fans in Philly....
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: To fans in Philly....  (Read 19707 times)
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« on: September 30, 2006, 08:06:11 PM »

Since Gn'R has posted it tour schedule and Philly is not on there, what is the reaction like on radio stations?  Not trying to be funny, but I think Gn'R needs to do something for Philly. 

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 08:08:40 PM »

I think they'd like to but the tricky part is finding a place that will allow them to play without having to pay an insane amount for insurance!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Steel_Angel
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 08:13:00 PM »

They havent announced the 2nd leg, so theres still hope for all yall  rofl rofl
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 08:21:41 PM »

If I remember correctly people, Philadelphia was not the only show cancelled on that 2002 tour.

What about Biloxi, Mississippi? Doesn't anyone think GN'R needs to do something for them and the rest of the cancelled shows on that tour also?

But it's ALWAYS about Philly!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 09:24:46 PM »

If I remember correctly people, Philadelphia was not the only show cancelled on that 2002 tour.

What about Biloxi, Mississippi? Doesn't anyone think GN'R needs to do something for them and the rest of the cancelled shows on that tour also?

But it's ALWAYS about Philly!

Yeah Houston, TX was cancelled to, hopefully on the 2nd Leg in late January.
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

Here Today... Out for Lunch

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 09:28:25 PM »

Were the dates cancelled while people were sitting, waiting for the show to start in the arena??

Yeah, thought so. ok

You'll Find Your Inspiration GN'F'nR

2002: 12.6&8
2006: 5.12&14&15&17 11.5&10&13&24
2011: 11.15 12.10
2012: 2.19&24 11.17
2014: 5.13&28&30
2016: 4.1&8&9 6.23 7.1&3. 8.9&12
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 09:34:11 PM »

Were the dates cancelled while people were sitting, waiting for the show to start in the arena??

Yeah, thought so. ok

So that gives them the right to riot, steal from the band, and cause alot of damage to the facility?

I don't think so.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
JohnnyBlade
Opening Act

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 09:39:00 PM »

Vancouver also had a riot in 2002 when axl never showed up. yes
Annie
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 09:44:57 PM »

Axl WAS ON HIS WAY! Someone in manangement pulled the plug on that one!
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 09:46:45 PM »

Yeah, thought so. ok

and that makes it all the more right to cancel a show? people were still disapointed
Annie
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 09:48:43 PM »

Yeah, thought so. ok

So that gives them the right to riot, steal from the band, and cause alot of damage to the facility?

I don't think so.
I agree. A cancelled concert is no reason to riot! Some people just use concerts as a reason to act like jerks. I'll never forget the jerk who practically dislocated my shoulder because he wanted a stupid $5 toy from Buckethead. Or what about the people In Chicago and La who set fires and destroyed cabs when their basketball teams won the National Championships!
Bono
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 09:53:24 PM »

that's bullshit. Axl wasn't even in Canada. That's on Axl. At least have the damn courtesy to be in the country of the show your supposed to be playing by the time the doors to the venue are supposed to open. "Axl was on his way" is such a load. I don't buy that for a second never have. The band, management and Axl himself can say it all ?they want. it's nothing more than spin and excuses as far as I'm concerend. Why does everyone believe that story? It's not a stretch to think he simply wasn't coming. What happend in Philly? Exactly. ?The only difference between Philly and Vancouver was there was no lame ass excuse giving after the Philly riot. ?

I'm not condoning the rioters but C'mon. It's a Gn'R crowd not a Neil Diamond crowd. What do you expect to happen when people find out the guy's not even gonna show up. That was the biggest let down ever in terms of concerts for me. 16 hour drive through the mountains at night in a winter blizzard for nothing. Sad
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 09:55:28 PM »

Yeah, thought so. ok

I don't think so.

I don't see the relevance of that to the rest of the topic or discussion at hand. ?Throwing an obscure fact/opinion wont change the fact that there was a riot at the Philly show, which is all that I stated, rendering it different from a cancellation.

Yeah, thought so. ok

and that makes it all the more right to cancel a show? people were still disapointed

Well at least you know why the other shows were cancelled. ?Do the Philly fans have any reason? No. Did the Philly fans have the opportunity to make alternate arrangements after hearing that the show was cancelled? No. ?People were already there. ?Everyone else received a refund and didn't have to leave the house to sit in a venue while a riot broke out.

Yeah, thought so. ok

I don't think so.
I agree. A cancelled concert is no reason to riot! Some people just use concerts as a reason to act like jerks. I'll never forget the jerk who practically dislocated my shoulder because he wanted a stupid $5 toy from Buckethead. Or what about the people In Chicago and La who set fires and destroyed cabs when their basketball teams won the National Championships!

As stated above, this response that you responded to had nothing to do with my statement. ?Sorry to hear about the shoulder though.. ?peace

that's bullshit. Axl wasn't even in Canada. That's on Axl. At least have the damn courtesy to be in the country of the show your supposed to be playing by the time the doors to the venue are supposed to open. "Axl was on his way" is such a load. I don't buy that for a second never have. The band, management and Axl himself can say it all ?they want. it's nothing more than spin and excuses as far as I'm concerend. Why does everyone believe that story? It's not a stretch to think he simply wasn't coming. What happend in Philly? Exactly. ?The only difference between Philly and Vancouver was there was no lame ass excuse giving after the Philly riot. ?

I'm not condoning the rioters but C'mon. It's a Gn'R crowd not a Neil Diamond crowd. What do you expect to happen when people find out the guy's not even gonna show up. That was the biggest let down ever in terms of concerts for me. 16 hour drive through the mountains at night in a winter blizzard for nothing. Sad

Well said.  Thank you for that!

Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 09:59:39 PM »

well said, i agree completely, hopefully nothing like this will happen again though
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 10:00:41 PM »

well said, i agree completely, hopefully nothing like this will happen again though

Although the possibility is always there (it is still GNR), I don't think we'll see anything like that this time around.  I've got a good feeling about this for some reason.. it just feels right this time  peace

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 10:04:29 PM »

I don't think so.

I don't see the relevance of that to the rest of the topic or discussion at hand.  Throwing an obscure fact/opinion wont change the fact that there was a riot at the Philly show, which is all that I stated, rendering it different from a cancellation.

The thread started off by asking if anyone thinks GN'R should do something for Philly? I don't see why Philly fans are more important than other GN'R fans who had bought tickets and planned trips so they could attend the other scheduled shows. I'm tired of hearing Philly fans complaining about their cancelled show and whining that they deserve something.

BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 10:05:57 PM »

I don't think so.

I don't see the relevance of that to the rest of the topic or discussion at hand.? Throwing an obscure fact/opinion wont change the fact that there was a riot at the Philly show, which is all that I stated, rendering it different from a cancellation.

The thread started off by asking if anyone thinks GN'R should do something for Philly? I don't see why Philly fans are more important than other GN'R fans who had bought tickets and planned trips so they could attend the other scheduled shows. I'm tired of hearing Philly fans complaining about their cancelled show and whining that they deserve something.

So you were at the Philly show?

Bono
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 10:09:05 PM »

I am too to an extent. If Philly fan gets somthing than Vancouver fan should get somthing and in my opinion neither should get anything other than a concert which you have to pay to see. I travelled to Vancouver in 2002 for the show and it pisses me off but I don't think the City should get any special reward for it, nor do I think they should be skipped altogether.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 10:10:44 PM by Bono » Logged
BluesGNR
The Liberator
Legend

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 10:12:13 PM »

I am too to an extent. If Philly fan gets somthing than Vancouver fan should get somthing and in my opinion neither shoudl gte anything other than a concert which you have to pay to see. I travelled to Vancouver in 2002 for the show and it pisses me off but I don't think the City should get any special reward for it, neither do I think they should be skipped altogether.

Well said.? I'll accept any opinion from anyone that was at a show that was cancelled.? Hearing people complain about the riots and the fan's opinions of the riots, when they weren't at any of the related shows, is bullshit.? There are no grounds for anyone to speak on a subject that they have nothing to do with.? Granted, I personally don't think that any city deserves anything. I also don't think that it's cool for the cities to be skipped over for any reason. Additionally, I also don't think that people should bitch when they've got no stake in the situation.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 10:12:39 PM »

that's bullshit. Axl wasn't even in Canada. That's on Axl. At least have the damn courtesy to be in the country of the show your supposed to be playing by the time the doors to the venue are supposed to open. "Axl was on his way" is such a load. I don't buy that for a second never have. The band, management and Axl himself can say it all  they want. it's nothing more than spin and excuses as far as I'm concerend. Why does everyone believe that story? It's not a stretch to think he simply wasn't coming. What happend in Philly? Exactly.  The only difference between Philly and Vancouver was there was no lame ass excuse giving after the Philly riot.
The excuse/reason may or may not ever come. I too would like to know but I've moved on from it. It's 4 years old, it's history!!

That's a fan problem not being able to control their own actions. Not a GN'R problem.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: