Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:56:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Playing Rocket Queen's solo with Amplitube
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playing Rocket Queen's solo with Amplitube  (Read 14784 times)
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« on: December 07, 2005, 05:24:57 AM »

I made that very quickly just to show how this awesome VST plugin works. That's why I fucked up the tempo and some bends...  Embarrassed

But anyways, check it out:

http://rapidshare.de/files/8712170/Rocket_Queen_Solo.mp3.html

I recorded with a clean Yamaha strato with humbuckers in-line on the computer's soundboard card and used an awesome plugin (along with the Adobe Audition).

It's called Amplitube. Richard Fortus made a video promo for this plugin (it's somewhere on the board) and it's very easy to use. I downloaded A LOT of presets. In this RQ solo, I used the Slash in WTTJ preset for the rhythm and Slash in SCOM for the solo. There's also a Buckethead in Big Sur Moon preset with heavy Delay. Take a look:

What do you guys think?

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 10:24:43 AM »

Yeah, Amplitude kicks ass!   Almost all the distortion on my songs are also done with amplitude, it's also great for distorting vocal tracks.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »

Do you have some other cool VST plugins to share, loretian? Wink

loretian
VIP

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

Do you have some other cool VST plugins to share, loretian? Wink

Well...  I'm not exactly sure about VST plugins - I assume that's a standard plugin format?  I use RTAS plugins with Pro Tools, but Sampletank also kicks a lot of ass.  It's a synthesizer, but quality synthesizer that almost sound like samples.  Apparently ememin used it for his songs on the 8 Mile sound track.   T-Racks is also a good EQing plugin.  It's not a plugin, but Reason is also incredibly awesome, and you can access it within Pro Tools via a plugin.  You can basically build a rack of all these different types of equipment (samples, synthesizers, loop players, drum machines, reverb units, etc.) however you want, flip the whole thing around, hook up all the cables, wire it all up how you want (yeah, it actually has full physics for the cables, it's kinda funny), and then send that all into your DAW.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 10:49:38 AM »

Thanks dude, but I don't have Pro Tools because of the hardware. I'm trying to do the best I can with the Adobe Audition 1.5 and the plugins - mostly FREE ones.

But for Pro Tools, I recommend the SansAmp. It's very accurate and easy to use. I used in my EP, but only to tweak some small stuff I didn't record with the mesa/boogie.

And yes, VST is the standard format - but there's the VSTi and also the DirectX (at least, for PC users).

I'm now trying to get the GuitaRig. Do you know this one? Is it any good?

basktqase
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2005, 04:39:57 AM »

If you bought Ampliube after September 1st, then You get a free upgrade to Amplitube 2 which is going to be one hell of a thing.

What is it about the hardware that made you not wantto get pro-tools...or isthis just a money thing?

Have you ever tried using the sans-am on drum tracks?....very fuckin cool.

As for guitar rig, I have heard some mixed reviews about it.  EveryoneI know has told me not to even bother since I get Amplitube 2 for free when it comes out.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2005, 07:58:40 AM »

As far as I know, to use the Pro Tools I must have some kind of audio card - wich I havn't. But it's also a money thing. Sad

What is sans-am? Is it some kinda of compressor?

About the Amplitube 2... Put some review (with pics!) here when you get it, please! Wink

loretian
VIP

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2005, 02:09:43 PM »

But for Pro Tools, I recommend the SansAmp. It's very accurate and easy to use. I used in my EP, but only to tweak some small stuff I didn't record with the mesa/boogie.

Cool, I've never heard of SansAmp.? Is it similar to Amplitude?

I'm now trying to get the GuitaRig. Do you know this one? Is it any good?

No, I've never actually heard of it.? My experience is basically limited to Pro Tools and the plugins I mentioned above.

As far as I know, to use the Pro Tools I must have some kind of audio card - wich I havn't. But it's also a money thing.

FYI, the cheapest Pro Tools hardware you can get is the Mbox, which sells for US $450.  It actually plugs in via USB so you could theoretically use it at gigs with a laptop.  You can also get Pro Tools FREE, which is very limited, but it's free and works with any hardware.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2005, 02:12:19 PM by loretian » Logged

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 02:23:24 PM »

Cool, I've never heard of SansAmp.  Is it similar to Amplitude?
No, it's more to overdrive/distortion. I think it has some amps too, but I'm not sure.

Here's a song recorded with a Gibson Les Paul Goldtop + Mesa/Boogie + Danelectro T-Bone Distortion + Marshall Jackhammer and tweaked with the Sansamp:

http://rapidshare.de/files/8455295/Nada_a_Fazer_BO.mp3.html

(the lyrics are in portuguese, but I think the main thing listen to the guitar)

FYI, the cheapest Pro Tools hardware you can get is the Mbox, which sells for US $450. It actually plugs in via USB so you could theoretically use it at gigs with a laptop. You can also get Pro Tools FREE, which is very limited, but it's free and works with any hardware.
Yeah, but here in Brasil everything is more expansive because of the taxes - and that sucks.

The Pro Tools FREE doesn't work with Windows XP and only allow like 8 tracks. Sad

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 08:11:10 PM »

mboxes are pretty nice pieces of machinery.. as is protools.  Pro tools is flat out amazing.
basktqase
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 05:30:01 PM »

As far as I know, to use the Pro Tools I must have some kind of audio card - wich I havn't. But it's also a money thing. Sad

What is sans-am? Is it some kinda of compressor?

About the Amplitube 2... Put some review (with pics!) here when you get it, please! Wink

Sorry, that was a typo. It was supposed to be Sans-Amp.  It is really cool if you just use it on the kick and the snare.  It is good for intros or if you want a really nasty distorted guitar sound.

I have been waiting impatiently for amplitube to come out.  I will do a review whenever I get it.  From what I have read on the website, it is going to be like having your own guitar studio on a computer.  You will be able  to choose from different amp heads from brands like marshall, fender, mesa etc...  THen you will be able to choose what kind of cabinet you want to run the amp head through.  THen you can choose what kind of mic you want to mic the cab with, andif you want to set the mic off-axis, straight on, etc... then you will be able to choose from a myriad of effects.  So yeah, it will be a beast.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 01:51:07 AM »

Oh, I talked about the sansamp to loretian on this topic. I used to put a little more dirty on the guitar sound.

But these stuff about the new amplitube... Well, besides the mic position (wich you can have in different plugins), it's not new to the amplitube 1.

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2006, 12:03:20 PM »

how do i connect my axe up to a pc

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
darkmonth
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2006, 06:22:54 PM »

Here's Guitar Rig 2.0 by Native Instruments.  Amplitube is fucking childs play compared to this monster.  It has EVERYTHING!

Smiley  Also a lot more expensive than Amplitube... Wink

MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2006, 06:24:54 PM »

Here's Guitar Rig 2.0 by Native Instruments.? Amplitube is fucking childs play compared to this monster.? It has EVERYTHING!

Smiley? Also a lot more expensive than Amplitube... Wink

if i have that then how do i connect my guitar to my pc  beer

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
darkmonth
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 08:58:38 PM »

You NEED a low latency sound device ... in my case, I have been using a standard Creative Labs, Soundblaster Live! 1024, and using hacked drivers... ( www.kxproject.com ) ... these drivers use the hardware on the card, where Creative's own driver's didn't, and they allow you to use ASIO in low latency... anyways... I then just plug my guitar straight into the Line In on the card.

www.nativeinstruments.com has samples of the software and what it can do.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2006, 08:01:43 PM »

I think Guitar Rig has an awesome look, but the sound in cheap soundcards are not that good as Amplitube. At least, with Amplitube, I can get good sounds with the presets. With Guitar Rig, I need to mess around a bit to find real sounds...

But you're right, Guitar Rig has A LOT of effects/amps/whatever. ok

Funny how Guitar Rig is sponsored (sp?) by Robin Finck and Amplitube is by Richard Fortus. Tongue

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 04:33:04 PM »

voodoochild- where do you get the free slash presets? if they're not free can you tell me the settings?

Also is anyone willing to share their programs?

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2006, 01:01:28 AM »

I downloaded the presets in a p2p program. I'll upload it here in a few...

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2006, 01:08:56 AM »

Here you are:

http://rapidshare.de/files/16033763/250_Amplitube_Presets.zip.html

250 presets ONLY for Amplitube plugin. There are a few Slash's presets (WTTJ intro and rhythm, wha, SCOM solo...) and even Buckethead in Big Sur Moon. ok

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: