Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 03:55:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227840 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Playing Rocket Queen's solo with Amplitube
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playing Rocket Queen's solo with Amplitube  (Read 14783 times)
MR W,AXL ROSE
Welsh, and luvin' it
Legend

live,breathe eat GNR.

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2006, 01:23:43 AM »

how do i get amplitude?

can i download it off a torrent site?

do i need to buy anything to hook my guitar up to my pc tower?

how much is it to buy?(amplitude)

im really interested in getting this but i aint got a clue where to start.also if i get it could you,voodoochild,help me out in usin it  ok

╔═╦╦╦═╦═╗ ╔═╗ ╔═╦═╦═╦═╦═╗
║║║║║║║╚╣ ║║║ ║═║║║╚╣═╣╚╣
╠╗║║║║╠╗║ ║║║ ║╚╣║╠╗║═╬╗║
╚═╩═╩╩╩═╝ ╚╩╝ ╚╩╩═╩═╩═╩═╝
darkmonth
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2006, 10:26:10 AM »

I think Guitar Rig has an awesome look, but the sound in cheap soundcards are not that good as Amplitube. At least, with Amplitube, I can get good sounds with the presets. With Guitar Rig, I need to mess around a bit to find real sounds...

But you're right, Guitar Rig has A LOT of effects/amps/whatever. ok

Funny how Guitar Rig is sponsored (sp?) by Robin Finck and Amplitube is by Richard Fortus. Tongue

I'm sorry, I don't think you're getting the right end of the stick.  Amplitube is the SAME principal as Guitar Rig.  It doesn't make a difference what sound card you have... Amplitube DOESN'T use the sound hardware to generate it's sounds... it uses software... same as Guitar Rig.  Sorry mate, but Guitar Rig is basically the program that Amplitube wishes it was.  Amplitube is good, but Guitar Rig is WAY better.  The sound hardware is irrelevant... purely to push sound from one end to another.  You can use Guitar Rig with ANY low latency sound device... and you can use Amplitube with ANY low latency sound device.  I used to use Amplitube... for about 3 years.  So I know what I'm talking about Smiley

Guitar Rig may be more complex, but that's because it's LOADS more customisable.  And not only that, it is actually easy, because it rack's up like a real guitar setup...

No one should use Amplitube if they can use Guitar Rig.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2006, 12:04:10 PM »

I'm sorry, I don't think you're getting the right end of the stick.  Amplitube is the SAME principal as Guitar Rig.  It doesn't make a difference what sound card you have... Amplitube DOESN'T use the sound hardware to generate it's sounds... it uses software... same as Guitar Rig.  Sorry mate, but Guitar Rig is basically the program that Amplitube wishes it was.  Amplitube is good, but Guitar Rig is WAY better.  The sound hardware is irrelevant... purely to push sound from one end to another.  You can use Guitar Rig with ANY low latency sound device... and you can use Amplitube with ANY low latency sound device.  I used to use Amplitube... for about 3 years.  So I know what I'm talking about Smiley
Really? Hmm... So I guess I don't know what I am talkin' about, just because I said its better FOR ME, IMO. Roll Eyes

I didn't talk about latency. I may not said the real reason for the diference, but of course there's a difference between the two programs and I prefer to use Amplitube. Maybe because I use it as a VST plugin in Adobe Auditon - Guitar Rig doesn't work in AA, unfortunatly.

Also, I said Guitar Rig is indeed good and have a lot of fx. If you like dozen of effects, amps and everything, this is the right place for you. If you search just for something to have fun and make good sounds too, use Amplitube. That's how I see it.

Go tell Richard Fortus that. Tongue
Sorry if it doesn't work in that way for you, but can you please respect my choice? Thanks.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2006, 12:07:43 PM »

how do i get amplitude?

can i download it off a torrent site?
I don't know. I downloaded in a p2p program called shareaza (it's the same as emule).

do i need to buy anything to hook my guitar up to my pc tower?
A regular cable and maybe something to adapt the jack.

how much is it to buy?(amplitude)
I dunno, use the google to search for the website.

im really interested in getting this but i aint got a clue where to start.also if i get it could you,voodoochild,help me out in usin it  ok
There's nothing much to learn once you have it. It's pretty easy.

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2006, 02:42:11 PM »

thanks for the link
anyways speaking of direct input
I got everything set up inbto my mic jack but it still wants to use my webcam for recording. what option do you need for it (this is Audition btw)

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
darkmonth
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2006, 03:55:48 PM »

Really? Hmm... So I guess I don't know what I am talkin' about, just because I said its better FOR ME, IMO. Roll Eyes

I didn't talk about latency. I may not said the real reason for the diference, but of course there's a difference between the two programs and I prefer to use Amplitube. Maybe because I use it as a VST plugin in Adobe Auditon - Guitar Rig doesn't work in AA, unfortunatly.

Also, I said Guitar Rig is indeed good and have a lot of fx. If you like dozen of effects, amps and everything, this is the right place for you. If you search just for something to have fun and make good sounds too, use Amplitube. That's how I see it.

Go tell Richard Fortus that. Tongue
Sorry if it doesn't work in that way for you, but can you please respect my choice? Thanks.

NOOOOO! YOU said that the sound in cheap soundcards etc etc... referring to Guitar Rig.  So therefore you MADE YOURSELF sound like you didn't know what you were talking about.  Read your posts before you post and we'll be on the same level Wink

Guitar Rig is better.  Simple.  You can do everything you can do in Amplitube, and more, better.

Smiley  And Guitar Rig works as a VST plugin in Adobe Audition 2.0 for me!!!! Cheesy
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2006, 07:50:23 PM »

Wow, you still have a hard time respecting other people's opinion, huh?

NOOOOO! YOU said that the sound in cheap soundcards etc etc... referring to Guitar Rig.  So therefore you MADE YOURSELF sound like you didn't know what you were talking about.  Read your posts before you post and we'll be on the same level Wink
Here's what I said:

I think Guitar Rig has an awesome look, but the sound in cheap soundcards are not that good as Amplitube. At least, with Amplitube, I can get good sounds with the presets. With Guitar Rig, I need to mess around a bit to find real sounds...
I *thought* it was because cheap soundcards. But the fact is that a simple overdrive doesn't work here as good as in Amplitube. Unless I put some compressor, delay, chorus and mess around with the amps and mic's position, the sound is not good enough for me.

Like you said, there's tons of stuff to use. But just to get a good sound, you need some more things. Maybe my presets aren't good enough (and I have tons), but the only ones I really liked were those with weird sounds. To build a custom sound, you need some time... Well, I don't have much time, so...

Guitar Rig is better.  Simple.  You can do everything you can do in Amplitube, and more, better.
You can do more. Better, it's your opinion.

Smiley  And Guitar Rig works as a VST plugin in Adobe Audition 2.0 for me!!!! Cheesy
Good for you! Cheesy

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2006, 08:50:31 PM »

voodoo can you answer my qustion please, i know you have to take time to argue too but using my webcam is pissing me off and i needed to know if you could explain what i said before

thanks

The legendary guitarist said that he does have some contact with Guns n' Roses singer Axl Rose, however.

"I've actually sent him Christmas cards, just to be cordial, but he never returns anything."
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2006, 09:07:13 PM »

Try to check the windows volume control.. you can switch from what source you want to use to record...

This is my safest bet, I don't have a webcam, so I dunno what's really happening with you.

AXL 20
Rocker

Marijuana For President

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2006, 07:09:34 AM »

what setting is your input device on (the name ie "windows midi" or whatever it is)

thanks

darkmonth
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2006, 07:58:50 AM »

Wow, you still have a hard time respecting other people's opinion, huh?

Here's what I said:

I *thought* it was because cheap soundcards. But the fact is that a simple overdrive doesn't work here as good as in Amplitube. Unless I put some compressor, delay, chorus and mess around with the amps and mic's position, the sound is not good enough for me.

Like you said, there's tons of stuff to use. But just to get a good sound, you need some more things. Maybe my presets aren't good enough (and I have tons), but the only ones I really liked were those with weird sounds. To build a custom sound, you need some time... Well, I don't have much time, so...

You can do more. Better, it's your opinion.

Good for you! Cheesy

You're an argumentative little fucker aren't you Smiley

Each to their own.  If you prefer the inferior products... fine Smiley  I guess you prefer Epiphone over Gibson, and Squire over Fender... right? Wink

lol

Cheesy
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2006, 12:15:14 PM »

what setting is your input device on (the name ie "windows midi" or whatever it is)

thanks
What? I'm not sure I understood... Anyways, try to put your soundcard device, forget the midi thing.

You're an argumentative little fucker aren't you Smiley

Each to their own.  If you prefer the inferior products... fine Smiley  I guess you prefer Epiphone over Gibson, and Squire over Fender... right? Wink

lol

Cheesy
No, it's more like you prefer a huge setup with tons of effects like '80s guitarists and all I prefer is just some good valve amps with good guitars.  But each to their own, right? Tongue

darkmonth
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2006, 12:58:19 PM »

Actually... wanna see my rig?

Guitars:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gibson Les Paul Standard (1987), with Seymour Duncan, '59 and JB pickups
Fender Telecaster Custom

Amplification:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marshall JCM 900 4500 Head (valve)
Marshall 1936 2x12" Cab (great big sound, easier to move than a 4x12")

Pedals:
Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR Zakk Wylde Overdrive (to boost leads)

Far from an 80's over the top setup... I prefer the quality of the sounds in Guitar Rig.  Not necessarily all the stuff that comes with it Smiley

So, now chat to some of the old skoolerz on the board who know me Smiley  Chill out bro!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2006, 05:27:53 PM »

I can read your sign already, but thanks for the info. I'm here long enough to know you too. But it doesn't change the fact that you said you wanted "more" with Guitar Rig:

You can do more with extra pedals and extra amps in your rig too! Why don't you buy some more gear? Cheesy

darkmonth
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2006, 06:04:24 PM »

No... you say I say that I wanted more... then you quote me ... where i don't say I want more... I say you can do more... that's all Smiley

Smiley

xoxox
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2006, 12:08:40 AM »

There are a lot of tools and a lot of options out there.  In my opinion, depending on one's goals, you need to consider what your aim is with the tools you choose to go with.  In any "real professional' studio, you're not going to be be using Guitar Rig, or Amplitude, or Guitar Suite or whatever the hell you anyone think is the best software, with the best sounds, you'll go with a real amp, with a nice microphone.

That said, for whatever we must do in the meantime, I choose software that has an "opinion" over software that gives me a lot of options.  My use with guitar rig is minimal, but I felt like I could tweak it a lot, though never get a sound I really, really liked.  Amplitude, no matter how I tweaked it, I always liked the sound.  So, for what I'm faced with, I choose software that matches me.  I think that's an option for everyone, despite all the choices we have.   ok

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
darkmonth
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2006, 10:38:41 AM »

Actually quite a lot of guitarists use software in the studio...

Buckethead uses software a LOT in the studio... Amp Farm is considered a LARGE part of his studio sounds Smiley

So there!  LOL!

I gotta say tho... none of the shit sounds as good as my pro setup Smiley

I love my amp and guitar etc... Cheesy
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2006, 12:23:16 PM »

No... you say I say that I wanted more... then you quote me ... where i don't say I want more... I say you can do more... that's all Smiley
NOOOOOOOOOOO, you used "you can do more" as an argument to how Guitar Rig is better. If you say so, even if I said before how I didn't really care about the tons of stuff in Guitar Rig, I could only imagine YOU wanted more and that's why you prefer the program. Semantics... Smiley

That said, for whatever we must do in the meantime, I choose software that has an "opinion" over software that gives me a lot of options.  My use with guitar rig is minimal, but I felt like I could tweak it a lot, though never get a sound I really, really liked.  Amplitude, no matter how I tweaked it, I always liked the sound.  So, for what I'm faced with, I choose software that matches me.  I think that's an option for everyone, despite all the choices we have.   ok
Thanks dude for backing me up. I heard your songs and I know you're a very good musician, so maybe Ozzycat can at least understand how people may have a different opinion.

darkmonth
« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2006, 01:18:18 PM »

I do understand different people's opinions... but you assumed something from something I didn't say Tongue

Anyway... you care way to much about this argument... Smiley
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2006, 02:43:22 AM »

For someone who said that everyone *should* use Guitar Rig instead of Amplitube, you don't look like you really understand... Tongue

I only care about my opinion. All I did was trying to backing it up. Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: