Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 08:20:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227885 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  rip off alert do not buy from this guy on ebay!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: rip off alert do not buy from this guy on ebay!  (Read 29783 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2004, 11:22:55 AM »

eBay doesn't give a shit. They make money off every single auction on their site. They act like they don't support this kind of sale (like "Bootlegs reporting" and whatever) but as long as they get money they will never stop that. I'm kinda surprised more serious action has not been taken yet.

Rohlm
Opening Act

« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2004, 05:45:35 PM »

He's selling under the_grinch_stole_axl for this week. He's got a ton of dvds up on Ebay.
GNRUnplugged
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2004, 01:27:37 PM »

I bought 5 DVDs off Paul through private email.
I sent him 35 bucks via Paypal and he told me the DVDs were mailed out,I received them today with it postmarked the same day he stated they were mailed out.I checked out all 5 on DVD and got exactly what I was hoping for.

I even asked him to recommend what I buy,he was very helpful.

I plan on buying more from him. Smiley Thanks Paul.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2004, 01:30:04 PM by GNRUnplugged » Logged
Cathy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: January 01, 2005, 01:27:39 AM »

I got my first three DVDs from Paul within a month or so, but I have been waiting since May for him to send me the Indianna, Ritz Edited and Unedited and Mannhaim DVDs!!   Sure he delivers at first, but then.....

I have emailed him on numerous occasions, but get no reply.

Cathy
yomomma
Rebel without a clue
Banned
Headliner

The One

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2005, 10:51:47 AM »

Hello all,Merry fucking Christmas and happy New Year!!! Is everybody still pissed of at me? I have worked hard,very hard to send to all who never rec.thier items but i'm sure i have missed some.Please respond to this post if you never rec. your item.Or just simply contact me at jordan4523@adelphia.net   It is time to get my name of these forums.

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2005, 12:39:30 PM »

Paul:

I am an ebay seller too.   I can appreciate how much easier it is to sit on your shipments and not ship them out right away. 

But - you SHOULD NOT do this.  Not only does it create a bad name for you, but it creates a bad name for the rest of us too.  It makes the whole Ebay community look bad when you do things like this, and it turns people off of ebay. 

As an ebay seller myself, I am going to recommend that you not post auctions unless you are ready, willing and able to ship them out as soon as you have received payment.  If you can't ship out 10 shipments a week, then cut your auctions in half and only post 5 auctions per week, so that you can keep on top of your shipments.  If you can't do 5 a week, then cut it and only do 2 or 3 a week. 

I realize this cuts into your profits, and that is the reason you are in business.  that is the reason I'm in business too.  But if you can't keep up with your own business venture, then you need to reconsider what it is you're doing, because you are ruining ebay for the rest of us who run an honest, efficient business from ebay.

A note to the rest of you:  I have purchased some bootlegs from ebay, and I have gotten what I paid for.  gnrocks2 is an ebay user that is a fast shipper, and very helpful with purchases also! I got the St. Louis Riot show from them as well as the RIR show.  Don't let one person turn you away from all that ebay has to offer.

As far as being able to change names on ebay, businesses change their names, and so I don't agree that you should have to be locked in to one name on ebay.  If you change the course of your business, you should be allowed to change your name to suit what you do.

I have been scammed in the past on ebay also.  It sucks when that happens.  The best advice I can give is not to wait too long to follow up on something.  A good seller will contact you within 24 hours after an auction ends, within 24 hours after receiving payment, and within 24 hours of shipment to notify you of tracking information.  If you don't hear from your seller, this should motivate you to contact them yourself, to make sure that they're on the ball.  Not all sellers can ship within 24 hours of payment receipt... but they can contact you to at least thank you for payment and let you know when to expect shipment.

And if you haven't heard from your seller, and they won't respond to your emails, then you can contact ebay.  You only have 30 days from auction end to do this, so I recommend that you contact ebay within 2 weeks of auction end if you haven't heard from your seller, because some of these processes take a while.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2005, 06:22:17 AM »

As far as being able to change names on ebay, businesses change their names, and so I don't agree that you should have to be locked in to one name on ebay.  If you change the course of your business, you should be allowed to change your name to suit what you do.

Except when you change it every week or even have different IDs at the same time, as is the case with Paul.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2005, 09:10:47 AM »

.... It makes the whole Ebay community look bad when you do things like this,.....

....I realize this cuts into your profits, and that is the reason you are in business.? that is the reason I'm in business too.....

all CDR/DVDR (re-)sellers are in business for $$$$ only. you make money from other people's filming/authoring again and again and from stuff which has been traded/spreaded and shared for free. and this is the fact why sellers are cut off from traders so they will miss some nice stuff as it cant be grabbed easily anymore. some tapers even dont give out their shows cause of those sellers....is that what fans want ??
stop selling burned media and all will be happy, you greedy monkeys!

Re-Union time, baby!!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2005, 11:31:23 AM »

stop selling burned media and all will be happy, you greedy monkeys!

Tied Up said she was a seller too but I don't know if she meant a bootleg seller as well, or a legit seller. Some people actually do legal business on eBay and make a living on it, by selling legit stuff. If she sells bootlegs too, that's just wrong.

Plus, you can actually get in big trouble for it. Be glad the police didn't start an investigation on you, because the IFPI (association of producers) does take the sale of bootlegs seriously.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 11:33:13 AM by Will » Logged

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2005, 11:38:22 AM »

If she sells bootlegs too, that's just wrong.

just sayin many can't download caused by various reasons-
- they should too get unofficial media to enjoy  Smiley

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2005, 12:04:20 PM »

i was only referring to sellers and resellers from CDR/DVDR. actually Tied Up made another good statement: gaywell just isnt only ripping Guns N' Roses fans he also fucks up eBay community cause people dont like paying for stuff they dont get and then might stay away from ebay forever.
its good to see IFPI is goin for those bootleg media sellers, is there a site from em for reporting those people, Will ?

Re-Union time, baby!!
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2005, 12:12:14 PM »

Sure: http://www.ifpi.org/
http://www.ifpi.org/site-content/directory/national_groups.html

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2005, 12:27:29 PM »

LOL - No, I don't sell bootlegs on ebay, I sell stuff that probably most of you wouldn't be interested in.   Smiley

I don't even have a comp capable of burning DVDs, nor do I feel computer literate enough to be able to produce something profitable like that or that would be up to the standards of the pedistal on which I place GnR.

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2005, 12:53:49 PM »

Good to hear! Smiley

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2005, 01:18:33 PM »

pay 4 blanks and postage may be best when people can't dl large files Wink

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2005, 01:44:44 PM »

just ask for b+p's, i do them from time to time and im sure others do too, there is really no reson to buy bootlegs from ebay or anywhere else.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2005, 12:23:28 AM »

THATS THE SAME MOTHERFUCKER THAT JACKED ME OF $70. I ORDERED 10 2002 DVDS AND THE CUNT DIDNT SEND EM. MAN THIS FUCK CAN LICK MY BALLS.

FUCK YOU PAUL CROMWELL , YOU FUCK

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
jordan23
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2005, 08:10:07 AM »

Posted by: Dead_N_Bloated 
Insert Quote
THATS THE SAME MOTHERFUCKER THAT JACKED ME OF $70. I ORDERED 10 2002 DVDS AND THE CUNT DIDNT SEND EM. MAN THIS FUCK CAN LICK MY BALLS.

dude,contact me at jordan4523@adelphia.net   
DarkDays
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2005, 11:34:05 PM »

I wish I would have seen this thread last May when I  got ripped off by Paul. He got me for three shows totalling 54 bucks? rant
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 11:36:02 PM by DarkDays » Logged
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2005, 12:17:56 PM »

Sounds like the guy is trying to redeam himself. I sent him a e-mail and he responded right back. Said he would send the dvd right out. I will let you all know!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: