Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 10:44:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227893 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Need help cleanin up a show
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need help cleanin up a show  (Read 1681 times)
anythinggoes
« on: July 10, 2006, 08:55:41 PM »

10-7-06 Basically every drum beat is too loud and resonates at lowest volume i was front row and too close does anyone think it will clean up the solos sound pretty good as not so much bass bit gutted as it was a good show and a shame i have fucked it up (note to self note away from front to record)
Mahler_22
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 09:17:29 PM »

yeap, you can do mostly all thigns you want,, you just need a DAW,? like cubase sx 3 (i use it), or like adobe audition 2,, but i would use cubase, or maybe another one,, then you'll need plug ins,, audio.? I have waves diamond too,, so you can aply most of these plug ins and clean the audio,,, maybe you know all this already,, but, check fot that waves bundle called diamond.? you can do amazing things with it.? ?ok  I would say, use a compressor, and noise gate to certain bass freq.
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2006, 06:24:18 AM »

I personnally use Adobe Audition to apply a few corrections (mostly amplification), but keep in mind that using certain filters will also cut off frequencies that you would like to keep, and therefore do more harm than good. Cleaning up a recording is very very tricky.

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
anythinggoes
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2006, 08:04:12 AM »

Thank you when i get back to england ill post a sample see if anyone can clean it but it is really unlistenable as is so something needs to be done. I bloody knew it would sound shit but i wasnt givin up my barrier position been there long enough and traveled too far to do that
Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 09:36:46 AM »

Did you use the new mics you bought from Sound Professionals?

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 10:18:45 AM »

I'm with Pandora, use Adobe Audition.

First, try to cut some hiss. You can remove it as much as it doesn't cut the sound of the music itself.

Second, try to mess up with the eq. There's some presets to remove a loud bass freq, so you might want to try this. Of course, you can mess up with an 10+ eq, wich would be helpful if you can't find a good preset.

Third, if its still not good enough, you may try to use a compressor, but be careful with the high freqs.

anythinggoes
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 03:52:13 AM »

Did you use the new mics you bought from Sound Professionals?

yes but in their defence i was on front row the recorder was in my backpack and the mics clipped to handle i put it over the barrier and left it there but the speaker was 6 meters away and the barrier was solid so the sound would have stopped there by the bag so i think that is what the problem was ill try shefield a bit further back otherwise new mics will be needed
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: