Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 07:26:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  HOLLYWOOD ROSE - Pre-GUNS N' ROSES Demos To Surface
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: HOLLYWOOD ROSE - Pre-GUNS N' ROSES Demos To Surface  (Read 21036 times)
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2004, 09:56:56 PM »

That's why we can hope that the "official" release will have a better sound  Smiley

Yeah I hope so too! That would kick ass!! Too bad they left out "That Something" and the untitled track but that's still a hundred times better than the GH CD. ok

you cant turn crap into gold. only chance Cleopatra's sound is more good is when they would have made a deal for the original HR master tapes for high end digital transfer. i really doubt that and still smell some cash horny freaks. in history Cleopatra always wanted to make money....

Re-Union time, baby!!
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2004, 09:58:30 PM »

I really think that gilby is a decent producer. He worked on a few LA Guns albums and did a decent job.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2004, 12:02:39 AM »

you cant turn crap into gold.

I don't know about that, but the demos currently available don't sound like crap to me, especially when you consider they are more than 20 years old. I can't wait to hear that CD, if Cleopatra actually get it out! yes

SLCPUNK
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2004, 12:20:33 AM »

I'd pick it up if it were released.
badapple81
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2004, 01:00:01 AM »

I cannot believe anyone would bag out the fact there will be BONUS tracks remixed by Gilby!

DVDs with NO BONUS features.. you complain (rightly so)
GH with NO BONUS tracks.. you complain (rightly so)
This comes out with BONUS tracks.. you complain!!!!

Anyway its cool that this record co. are bringing these out.. ill get it for sure! And Gilby's remixes will be interesting to listen to im sure  ok

Wonder how this record co. got this stuff?  Huh

I am just saying that traditional Cleoptra Remixes suck and are usually industrial dance mixes - we'll have to wait and see - no slagging - just trying to warn

"Someone has sand in their vagina" - Cartman

Point taken *as he wipes the sand from his vagina*  peace
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2004, 02:19:56 AM »

gilby fuckin clarke needs to get a god damned life and quit it!

he was in gnr for a very short period of time, he was never a member of guns n roses in my opinion

its fucked up, it would be like robin finck remixes gnr lies or something, he had no part of it, he shouldnt pathetically hold on to his gnr tie that didnt last that long

wheres his fuckin integrity?

i wonder if soon is the word on this release?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
badapple81
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2004, 03:14:53 AM »

he was in gnr for a very short period of time, he was never a member of guns n roses in my opinion

its fucked up, it would be like robin finck remixes gnr lies or something, he had no part of it, he shouldnt pathetically hold on to his gnr tie that didnt last that long

He wasnt part of it at the time.. but he looks back on being part of GNRs history fondly.

He needs to get a life and quit what? Last time I checked music was his life.. or a big part of it and what he does. He is doing a short musical project that he was most probably asked to be a part of and said yeah that sounds fun, and the guy has bills to pay and music is what he does for a living!

Gilby is well thought of amongst most of the fans IMO, which is why they probably thought we'd enjoy some bonus material worked by him. At least he was part of GNRs history, a lot of bands have remixes on their OFFICIAL stuff by unrelated artists.

Without the bonus tracks there would only be what.. 6 songs on the CD?

Would you have prefered Mix Master Mike working on it perhaps?  no  peace
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2004, 05:55:05 AM »

Are you fuckin 6 years old or what? bitchin about things like that Roll Eyes

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
America's Least Wanted
Headliner

So Damn Cool

« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2004, 07:00:07 AM »

Gilby was a damned good member he filled the void left by Izzy really well and hell if he is helping out on this re-release of the old stuff well done to him i mean at least somebody from GN'Rs past wants to help release a classic piece of GN'R/Pre-GN'R history even if he was not a part of it at the time........well done Gilby.........it's not like Cleopatra are gonna pay him a fuckin' fortune is it

I Think Sex Is Overated To!
DemocracyRose
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2004, 11:57:08 AM »

I doubt this cd will be released with out Axls giving the "go for it"..... hihi
anythinggoes
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2004, 04:27:37 PM »

im sorry but this is high on my list of wants with reference to GNR releases i dont give a fuck if its unofficial at least its stuff thats never been released before would prefer it as a bonus to CD though
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2004, 12:03:31 AM »

gilby did an excellent job of replacing izzy stradlin Roll Eyes

how many hits did gilby write? o hyeah he didnt write anything with gnr, dont ever compare gilby clarke to izzy stradlin u should have your gnr membership cut to fuckin shreds

gilby has no business fuckin around with hollywood rose he wasnt apart of it so why is he fuckin with it?

u people bitch cause buckethead and robin play slash's solos but its cool for gilby to re record and capitalize off music he had no part of? what a fuckin bunch of hypocrites some of u are

i think ill stick to the jungle, bad obsession, and fun and games sections for awhile, this shit aint worth arguing about cause its a blatant double standard

gilby wasnt shit in GNR but a fuckin replacement tour guitarist, he didnt do anything creative in GNR, and if u bring up the shitty spaghetti incident which was cover songs then u just show once again that u know very little about this band

i dont think its cool and i dont know how that sounds like a 6 year old when half of u who defend gilby bitch about robin,bucket etc

DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2004, 01:49:27 AM »

I am shocked that you people aren't against this.  D is 100% correct here.

Gilby has no right to be involved with this release.  NO right at all.  

Also, these songs should not be remixed.  They should be released as they were intended to sound when they were originally recorded.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 01:50:31 AM by DRUNK » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2004, 08:02:24 AM »

Did you know he's a producer and has his own studio?

He's got as much right as any other producer. He was probably asked to do it by the record company....

Also, these songs should not be remixed.  They should be released as they were intended to sound when they were originally recorded.

You didn't pay attention to the original post:

Due for release in June, Hollywood Rose - The Roots Of Guns N Roses includes the following tracklisting: Original Demo Versions: Shadow Of Your Love, Rocker, Killing Time, Reckless Life and Anything Goes.

Newly Remixed By Gilby Clarke: Shadow Of Your Love, Rocker, Killing Time, Reckless Life and Anything Goes. Newly Remixed By Fred Coury: Move To The City and Reckless Life.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2004, 12:51:10 PM »

He's got as much right as any other producer. He was probably asked to do it by the record company....

Due for release in June, Hollywood Rose - The Roots Of Guns N Roses includes the following tracklisting: Original Demo Versions: Shadow Of Your Love, Rocker, Killing Time, Reckless Life and Anything Goes.

Newly Remixed By Gilby Clarke: Shadow Of Your Love, Rocker, Killing Time, Reckless Life and Anything Goes. Newly Remixed By Fred Coury: Move To The City and Reckless Life.

/jarmo

Yeah, you're right, but put yourself in the position of the rest of the band+Hollywood Rose members (not just Axl).  Do you think they'd be pleased with Gilby doing that?

I know I'd be extremely pissed off.  It's kind of like if you gave up Heretodaygonetohell for some reason, and one of the posters here just took it over without your permission.  You may be cool and all, but can you honestly say you'd think that was "ok"?

I still feel those other songs shouldn't be remixed.

Obviously I'm interested in buying it, and it's pretty cool, but I disagree with it.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2004, 12:57:02 PM »

Gilby's a dude he gets the  ok from me, i think you should calm down D.......just think about 'Mania not Gilby  Grin
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2004, 02:34:15 PM »

/jarmo

Amen ok

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2004, 03:51:26 PM »

Well, well, well, apparently some people got in the way...According to Cleopatra, the CD is now on hold and may not come out until november...

Source: http://www.bravewords.com/news.html?id=11574

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2004, 05:46:13 PM »

wrestlemania booyahhhhhh

gilby should have enough respect for GNR and himself and not do that shit, it drops alot of his musical integrity in my mind cause he had no part in that music and he shouldnt try to recreate it, goes for the new gnr redoing afd, i also dont agree with that

all im sayin if buckethead redid november rain or some shit u people would have  a fuckin heart attack

its a double standard so at least go both ways with it

badapple81
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2004, 05:55:23 PM »

wrestlemania booyahhhhhh

gilby should have enough respect for GNR and himself and not do that shit, it drops alot of his musical integrity in my mind cause he had no part in that music and he shouldnt try to recreate it, goes for the new gnr redoing afd, i also dont agree with that

all im sayin if buckethead redid november rain or some shit u people would have  a fuckin heart attack

its a double standard so at least go both ways with it

Its just BONUS tracks on a CD!

So if you dont agree with the new lineup redoing AFD, I gather you havent or wont be going to see them play their versions of the songs live then if they come to you?  yes
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: