Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:14:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Release of TSI....
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Release of TSI....  (Read 4876 times)
slash2001
Rocker

Axl's Scottish ya know......

« on: March 16, 2004, 11:21:05 AM »

what was it like,were u guys excited, did u know the tracklistings before, was there much of a promotional campaign and what was ur first impressions. I dont mind this album, obviously its the weakest gnr album but that doesnt mean its bad, look at its competition!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2004, 11:22:30 AM by slash2001 » Logged

"I don't know just what I should do, everywhere I go I see you"
The Blues
W. Axl Rose
Best version - Rock in Rio 3 - 2001
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 07:23:34 PM »

I remember the anticipation for the release, reading interviews in magazines and street press publications, as well as seeing the TSI promo ad on tv fairly regularly.
It was a pretty cool time to be a GN'R fan.

GN'R had successfully finished the UYI world tour and the buzz about them still seemed to be pretty good.

I think TSI was released in November and I remember a local rock radio station playing some tracks off it before it was released - 'Raw Power' and 'Down On The Farm' and talking with my friends about it at school the next day.

I still think TSI is a pretty damn good album with some kickass cover tunes.
It saddens me that the band that created that album and albums before it doesn't exist anymore.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
SlashFan
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 09:41:30 PM »

I remeber when it came out.I was excited just like many GN'R fans.They were on a radio show called Rock Line and that's where I heard the songs.They played Hair Of The Dog,Since I don't Have You,and Ain't It Fun,I thought it was cool.I still like the album,not as good as Appetite,but it was cool. beer ok peace smoking
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 09:52:54 PM »

The coolest thing I remember about the release around TSI was the tv promo.

It had a cool collection of live performances/clips (overdubbed with TSI tracks) and saying the biggest rock band in the world, or something like that releases their new album - The Spaghetti Incident

Those were the days...  beer

grog mug
Legend

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 03:11:07 AM »

I have the album but have never bothered to listen to the entire thing at once.  Compared to other GN'R material it SUCKS.  Bring on CD.  I'm ready for some original material.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 03:18:15 AM »

I have the album but have never bothered to listen to the entire thing at once.  Compared to other GN'R material it SUCKS.  Bring on CD.  I'm ready for some original material.

Actually, I did the exact same thing.  I bought it, listened to it, didn't like it, then let it sit for years.  Picked it up one day, listened to it, and loved it.  You will like it one day for sure.  Just give it a chance.
badapple81
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 03:27:25 AM »

Australia's TSI release had a free poster inside, with the coverart on one side and 6 scattered pics of each member with the logo in the middle on the over (this is what I remember anyway). I took mine to school and put it up in the music room next to all the nerdy music stuff on the board  Cheesy
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 06:24:42 AM »

Australia's TSI release had a free poster inside, with the coverart on one side and 6 scattered pics of each member with the logo in the middle on the over (this is what I remember anyway). I took mine to school and put it up in the music room next to all the nerdy music stuff on the board  Cheesy

How come my Aussie version didn't come with that then??? rant

It was a really cool time to be a GN'R fan, everyone (and I mean EVERYONE!) was into them around that time.

I also remember earlier in the year when they were in Australia to play at Eastern Creek in January (along with Skid Row and the reformed Rose Tattoo) how popular the band was...

Damn that was a cool time to be into rock music beer

AxlN'Slash
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 09:54:21 AM »

I was 8 and i saved up enough money to buy it at the local record store i was so fuckin excited then my dad listin to it first he was like ok u can listin to the first 2 songs thats b/c everything else has cussing....well every day when he when to work i popped that baby in my little walk man singing the songs on my school bus....the good ol dayz

Retards Attempting Poetry
               RAP
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: