Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:29:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227883 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Back To The Basics. Anyone Remebre?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Back To The Basics. Anyone Remebre?  (Read 4043 times)
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« on: March 16, 2004, 05:49:57 PM »

I have read it several places about their supposed to be released in 94/95 album was gonna be called "back to the basics". i think it was mentioned in that crappy Electronica VS. metal tribute album to GNR too..........
anyone know what really happend to that? is thats where slash put his foot down and refused to work on anything?

just wanted to start a little discussion that dont evolve into GNR is dead or BH is leavng or even that axl is going back to slash and duff and matt... (rocktar!  Tongue )

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Funeral
Rocker

Welcome to the neighborhood

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 08:06:11 PM »

Sounds like a title that Slash came up with.  Axl probably wanted to call it "Forever and a day"

... ah what the hell.  GNR is dead, Buckethead is out.

-F
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2004, 08:14:52 PM »

From what i recall this is the session that this i love was made, and they axl, slash and duff finished something like 8 tracks.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2004, 08:24:44 PM »

I wonder just how much material Axl must have for the last 10 years, hundreds of songs atleast, of which we will never hear crying

Axl could release a 4 cd set of them, as long as they were advertised as 'from the cutting room floor' it would be a brilliant way to reward the fans, make some money from stuff u ain't gonna use, and tide us over till CD comes out.

Thats right Axl. I know ur reading this.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
SlashFan
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 02:42:29 AM »

All I remeber readin was Axl saying that the first Slashes Snakepit album was supposed to be a new GN'R album but he and Duff walked out on it. smoking
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 02:49:10 AM »

From what I remember reading, Slash came to Axl with the material for the first Snakepit album in the hopes of utilizing it for a new GNR record.  Initially, Axl wanted no part of it, however, once Slash was wrapping up the album and getting ready to release it, Axl came back and asked Slash whatever became of the songs...By this point, Slash was too far along and it was a dead issue.  I hink this was one of the many issues that led to the rift we see today.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 02:50:56 AM by oneway23 » Logged
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2004, 03:06:23 AM »

I think we know everything about GN'R's past by now.  Nothing else to occupy our time because there is NOTHING.  No album, no news, NOTHING.  Anyway give us Chinese Democracy...who cares about the past out with the old in with the new.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 03:11:39 AM »

I agree completely Grog, but when the future appears so grim, it's natural instinct for people to tend to cling to the past, unfortunately.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 07:14:27 AM »

I think we know everything about GN'R's past by now.  Nothing else to occupy our time because there is NOTHING.  No album, no news, NOTHING.  Anyway give us Chinese Democracy...who cares about the past out with the old in with the new.

What is your point? If you don't want to discuss this topic, don't post in the thread. Man, can anyone have a conversation in here without someone talking crap in the middle of it? As for clinging on to the past - is nobody allowed to discuss GNR past now?

Anyway, back on the topic....
I didn't know about this 'Back to Basics' title. Interesting. I wonder what we would be saying about that album now had it come out.

@#$%Muther
AxlN'Slash
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 09:47:24 AM »

i thought that thier was suppost  to be a Ep then b-side relase and then a new web page!.........i thought that was on the fax that AXL sent MTV when Slash was out it was wrote out somthing like this

their will be NO new Ep
"                              "web page

and so on and so forth

Retards Attempting Poetry
               RAP
Crowebar
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2004, 09:54:51 AM »

I think that Axl should stop being a dick and release the album. [puke]
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: