Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:51:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227880 Posts in 43251 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Street Team - Rest of the World
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Street Team - Rest of the World  (Read 25212 times)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2004, 11:07:08 AM »

Well, I just find strange to see North Africa, because NO RADIO will play guns over there and I don't see which pepper will talk about GNR...

It's a great thing to make a street team, but it's great too to be realistic  Tongue

You probably have a good point, and we're still in the preparation stages of the process. We're figuring things out, we'll see what works and what does not. If we find out there's no need for a Street Team there (or there's no way we can create one), we won't create one for that area. Thanx for your input though! Smiley

See ya for the French Street Team... Wink

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2004, 01:06:23 PM »

as i sed b4 i have no problem doin india..not literally!

Great! Do you know an Indian GN'R website I could contact to organize things over there?

Another update: I've just contacted a Russian webmaster who I'm pretty sure will participate in the Street Team. I'm still browsing around for more contacts around the world basically.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 01:06:58 PM by Will » Logged

Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2004, 02:51:09 PM »

I'm so disgusted.

Ducks
Headliner

Aussie Gunner

« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2004, 08:57:16 PM »

Cool. Do you know a GN'R website where Australian fans could go to in order to gather information about the Street Team?

I'm sorry to say Will that I can't find any GNR related sites based in Australia. However I might be able to make a website for this if need be. I'm not great at designing a site but I'd give it a try.

7.6.2006 - London
11.6.2006 - Donington
27.8.2010 - Reading
31.5.2012 - London
17.3.2013 - Melbourne
10.2.2017 - Sydney
14.2.2017 - MCG, Melbourne
3.12.2022 - MCG, Melbourne
17.9.2023 - Atlant
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2004, 12:31:09 AM »

www.bestofgnr.cjb.net is a good site from Brazil, but I can?t contact the webmaster, Voodoochild or Fuckin?roses, can you guys do it?

(acho que voc?s conhecem o animalesko ou trocam mais id?ia com ele do que eu...)

c-ya
Hey RnT...

I dunno about Sergio Animalesko for a while... I used to check his forum but I guess there's too much assholes and ignorant people there. Just a few good people didn't save the board and I don't miss it - really - anymore... (Cansado de me esfor?ar para falar algo que fosse relevante e ser respondido com apenas risadinhas, emoticons e frases feitas ridiculas como "Pode crer, Axl eh o cara!!!!!!" rant).
So, I'm not in touch with him anymore. I can send him an e-mail, tough...
About the street team, I work for a big TV station here, in Brasil: TV Globo (we broadcasted RIR 2 and RIR 3). Altought I'll not work for them in a few days (ending of contract due to college issues), I still have some good friends there. It's a little harder to put some effort in a TV station because I work in the news, but I'll try to do the best I can.  ok

Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2004, 05:59:19 AM »

I have a suggestion to make ! Maybe Central and South America should be a region on its own and have a spoke person that speaks spanish or portuguese or both ... maybe even have two spoke persons who'll work hand in hand : one for spanish speaking countries and another one for Brazil !
For the time being I can think of Sweet for the spanish speaking countries ... RnT do you know someone we could contact for Brazil ? I can try to help as Brazilian is my mother tongue but someone down there is needed I think !

Well, Mysteron, what do you think about that ?  Smiley

The force ... the force ...
Jack
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2004, 06:31:35 AM »

I can help in Australia, i have already asked Radio Stations and Music TV Shows such as Channel V (Like MTV) to play GnR etc until the new single, i have sent email to heaps o  ppl.
Cya, Jack
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2004, 10:58:30 AM »

One overall spokesperson is enough I think  peace

Your language skills will be invaluable though, and I'm sure you can work alongside Will to make this thing work

Thanks for you help  ok

miminaboo
Headliner

Un jour,OSense? montre un mouvement et dit c'est

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2004, 11:01:46 AM »

I'm so disgusted.

me too  Undecided
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2004, 11:10:47 AM »

... RnT do you know someone we could contact for Brazil ?

Well, I'm brazilian, I live in Rio de Janeiro, if you wanna talk with me, my icq number is: 106564589

liquidvirus
Mechanical Animal
VIP

Gettin Down and Dirrrty

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2004, 11:30:09 AM »

as i sed b4 i have no problem doin india..not literally!

Great! Do you know an Indian GN'R website I could contact to organize things over there?

nope...v indians are not very net savvy...sorry...whatd u want organized? maybe i can help

Life is like a penis most people don't know it
But most people suck so they usually blow it.
Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2004, 12:21:43 PM »

One overall spokesperson is enough I think  peace

Your language skills will be invaluable though, and I'm sure you can work alongside Will to make this thing work

Thanks for you help  ok

Ok it's up to you ! But It's just weird for me to see South America in the rest of the world section !
GNR has a huge fan base there and unlike asia and Australia a lot of sites and forums exist and need coordination ie someone who understand the language that's why I thought about Sweet !
But if we have to work with Will we'll do as much as we can ... beer

Rain
VIP

ai-ki-do is the path

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2004, 12:23:09 PM »

... RnT do you know someone we could contact for Brazil ?

Well, I'm brazilian, I live in Rio de Janeiro, if you wanna talk with me, my icq number is: 106564589

I don't have ICQ but you can mail me at Rain@gunnertemple.com  Wink

Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2004, 01:15:50 PM »

I wont.

Mysteron, why are you the only one to decide? Here were 4-5 saying it d be cool that South America is a region with a spokeperson so I think we should make that.

If in that stuff there s only one guy saying what we do, I wont join you in that. I like working in team, and I think its called a street TEAM, so if only one person make the choice, its not a team any more. Its one chief saying what the others have to do.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2004, 01:32:53 PM »

I understand that you want "your guy" to be the spokesperson for South America, but now that it's not gonna be like that, why not just let it go?

Nobody has said anything about bosses and giving orders. Nobody has said Will is gonna run the whole South American part of the street team.

I'm not interested in telling Kiki what to do in Holland, Christos how he should do things in Greece or anything like that. I think they know their own country better than I do.

Sure, if somebody asked me to get info about chart positions from all over Europe, I'd ask Christos what it was in Greece etc.

This thing hasn't even started yet and already people are complaining....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 22, 2004, 01:34:09 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2004, 01:49:16 PM »

You can't understand jarmo (not saying your stupid, its just that you dont know the whole story).
I'm just gonna step away and let you do what you want. GT will help you of course, but I dont want to be personaly involved in that.

RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2004, 08:31:50 PM »

A question:

Mysteron, from what I see, you have some contact to Meck, and from what you said, when everything is "ok", we?ll start the street team... but what I?ll like to hear, is that if we have to "hurry" with this or Merck himself said to you "don?t worry, this isnt gonna happen RIGH NOW, but just try to organize this and see what the fans think anout it..." ?

something between the lines we want to hear...

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2004, 11:25:08 PM »

nope...v indians are not very net savvy...sorry...whatd u want organized? maybe i can help

That's ok. A website would be a good place to gather information about radio and TV stations in your area (phone numbers, email addresses, show times, etc.). That way, visitors could just go to the site and get the information they need. A state of the art website is not necessary, but a site would be very helpful. We'll figure something out one way or the other (you could post the kind of info I mentioned above on this board for instance, etc.)

I'm sorry to say Will that I can't find any GNR related sites based in Australia. However I might be able to make a website for this if need be. I'm not great at designing a site but I'd give it a try.

I couldn't find any either. I'm kinda surprised because I do know there's a big fan base over there. I mean, the shows in 1993 in Sydney and Melbourne were among the biggest audiences of the Illusion Tour! (80,000 people in Sydney I believe). Like I said above, a simple and informative website to guide visitors in your area should be sufficient at first.

I can help in Australia, i have already asked Radio Stations and Music TV Shows such as Channel V (Like MTV) to play GnR etc until the new single, i have sent email to heaps o  ppl.
Cya, Jack

Thanx Jack, that can be helpful as well! Wink

Zen (Japan) sent me other websites I am going to contact in Asia.

miminaboo
Headliner

Un jour,OSense? montre un mouvement et dit c'est

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2004, 03:47:38 AM »

I understand that you want "your guy" to be the spokesperson for South America, but now that it's not gonna be like that, why not just let it go?
This thing hasn't even started yet and already people are complaining....

Well, it's not that.
First, I think that South America is really important for gnr and they should have a Street team.

Second, I don't really like people who told me it's like that and it's all, without any explanation... Give me good reason and I'll approve it - but I haven't find one except: it's gonna be like that...

Now, if you find us boring, I don't care. Working on a team doesn't mean having the same point of view...

And if you find us really annoying, tell us to fuck up...

-----------------------------------------------

Talking about this team, people in France (yes, we are very boring people in this country  Roll Eyes !) told us that before to contact radios we should have news about CD.
What kind of answer could we make them???
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2004, 04:24:30 AM »

I wont.

Mysteron, why are you the only one to decide? Here were 4-5 saying it d be cool that South America is a region with a spokeperson so I think we should make that.

If in that stuff there s only one guy saying what we do, I wont join you in that. I like working in team, and I think its called a street TEAM, so if only one person make the choice, its not a team any more. Its one chief saying what the others have to do.

Lucs, you do not need to worry

Will is not the chief, he is the spokesperson. His role is not to tell you what to do,  it is to report what is happening in the ROTW area, that's all. He's just giving time to tell everyone who is doing what area and how well they are doing etc... As you see, all he has been doing here is summarising etc.. He is not trying to control anyone. You are his equal, and he is yours  ok

Now, in terms of South America, I am quite happy for you to coordinate, and do whatever you want really. All Will will do in the future is to report to the rest of us how well you are doing, that is all. And if you have ideas, or want to say something, then you do so. Nothing can or should stop you. This is also applicable for anyone else in South America who wants to help. The more the merrier.

As you have pointed out, this has to be a TEAM effort, and I totally agree with that, and would like you continue with your excellent work, if you still want to help that is  Wink

As for me, I'm just trying my best to keep order  hihi
« Last Edit: January 23, 2004, 05:05:10 AM by Mysteron » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: