Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 01:07:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227838 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Appetite For Collection
| | |-+  Continental 11/5/06 2-Cam mix up.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Continental 11/5/06 2-Cam mix up.  (Read 13247 times)
Joe2
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2007, 07:47:44 AM »

the version gnrarnold is working on is 3 completely different cameras than the circulating vids.  one 100% screen shot vid and then two stage shot vids (center and left).  think this version will also have DAT audio as well, not sure if the nycbitch version did the audio dub or not.

That would be awsome just on its own. Just that one angle.
Doing those 3 different angles would look really bad i think, 'cause you'd have the decent screen shot let down by other stage shots. It would look like the Boston '02 3-cam-mix.
You just want the screen shot.

My DVD collection - www.freewebs.com/luke-joe2/
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2007, 04:04:08 PM »

the version gnrarnold is working on is 3 completely different cameras than the circulating vids.? one 100% screen shot vid and then two stage shot vids (center and left).? think this version will also have DAT audio as well, not sure if the nycbitch version did the audio dub or not.

That would be awsome just on its own. Just that one angle.
Doing those 3 different angles would look really bad i think, 'cause you'd have the decent screen shot let down by other stage shots. It would look like the Boston '02 3-cam-mix.
You just want the screen shot.

The Boston '02 3-cam mix was awesome. It's the best concert vid out there for 2002.

Unless there's some sort of proshot that's surfaced that I didn't know about.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
Joe2
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2007, 04:48:32 PM »

The Boston '02 3-cam mix was awesome. It's the best concert vid out there for 2002.

Unless there's some sort of proshot that's surfaced that I didn't know about.

Thats fair enough.
I personally don't like it. It sounds all wierd with the sbd on top of a hand-cam picture. But thats just imo.

GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2007, 05:57:24 PM »

Please don't compare the nj 3 cam to boston, the boston one was done on a videonics mixer apparently and is out of synch, the screen angle is not cropped etc. The way the jersey one is cut, it all works out. Plus all 3 angles are steady as hell.
lam
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2007, 06:35:52 PM »

i know at least one of those angles is on a tripod.

gnrarnold you should post a clip!
GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2007, 07:14:14 PM »

both stage angles are on tripods
im almost positive there was a clip posted about a month ago somewhere for a short period of time
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2007, 07:37:02 PM »

Please don't compare the nj 3 cam to boston, the boston one was done on a videonics mixer apparently and is out of synch, the screen angle is not cropped etc. The way the jersey one is cut, it all works out. Plus all 3 angles are steady as hell.

Where's the Jersey 3-cam? I've only seen a 2-cam.

Plus, with Boston's faults, it still had soundboard audio, and some intertwined pro-shot images from the tron, which Jersey does not.

"Anybody who is sitting here - in the year 2007 - and arguing that this band isn't guns n roses has to be half retarded." - Jim Bob, HTGTH poster, 2007.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2007, 07:54:11 PM »

Did you read any of the above posts? There are TWO different multicams- the new one coming out has 3 completely different angles including one with shots from the 'tron. The NYCBitchCommi. one thats been uploaded and doing the rounds is 2 other stage angles. And the boston 3 cam does IMO  suck- in the right hands of someone who knows how to edit it could have been really good but it was done on 1980s equiptment, love those special effects.
The Legend
Killer
VIP

DX sez "Suck It!"

« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2007, 02:54:10 AM »

Did you read any of the above posts? There are TWO different multicams- the new one coming out has 3 completely different angles including one with shots from the 'tron. The NYCBitchCommi. one thats been uploaded and doing the rounds is 2 other stage angles. And the boston 3 cam does IMO? suck- in the right hands of someone who knows how to edit it could have been really good but it was done on 1980s equiptment, love those special effects.

Brain fart. I read them, but apparently they didn't register, lol.  nervous

The NYCBitch 2-cam is pretty good, but the new 3-cam sounds awesome. I hope we see it soon!

As for Boston 2002, i'm sure one could argue the negatives, but it's still the best put together show that's surfaced from 2002. Obviously the ultimate is the proshot Rio III from 2001, much like imo Rock Am Ring will be for 2006, even with a 3-cam Jersey surfacing.

GNR shows:
10/25/06
10/27/06
lam
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2007, 04:37:01 AM »

ok so here is a clip off the 3cam that is being worked on.

totally different cameras than nycbitch or that other version that are out there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPXlcSNQa8Y
Joe2
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2007, 04:55:46 AM »

totally different cameras than nycbitch or that other version that are out there.

That is awsome!
I've got to get this once its out.

I still think just the screen shot would be best though...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 05:00:51 AM by Joe2 » Logged

zombux
Legend

watching the sky moves sideways...

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2007, 10:01:25 AM »

awesome. the only thing this baby needs for perfection is soundboard sound drool I wonder if we ever hear one

w.slash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2007, 11:33:54 AM »

That is awsome!
I still think just the screen shot would be best though...

+1

i agree 1 single camera on the screenshot is very often the best... the only condition is to have a real screen on the venue which is not so usual, but when you have the chance to have a real screen then IMO no need to make a multicam mix as it may be worse. thats the effect this clip makes on me. i prefer the screen alone
lam
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2007, 01:00:20 PM »

just remember with the song posted if it was not a multi cam you would get to see some awesome race car footage.

GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2007, 04:58:56 PM »

random race car footage rules! yes thats what i wanna look at while listening to some live gnr!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #55 on: January 06, 2007, 05:09:14 PM »

the clip is freaking amazing. hopefully we can get the 3 cam mix sooooon ok

patcooper
VIP

« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2007, 05:37:46 PM »

just remember with the song posted if it was not a multi cam you would get to see some awesome race car footage.

I'm pretty sure that the race car film is only seen on the screens that are behind the drums. Not on the 2 that are on each side of the venue.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2007, 05:46:10 PM »

the race car film and stuff like that was on the other two screens as well. i remember during 'CD' during hte encore it had hte little dude on a boat, as well as the countdown for ISE and then racecars for YCBM
GNRArnold
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2007, 05:54:56 PM »

in NJ the race car footage was shown for about a minute on the side screens during you could be mine, at msg they had it running throughout the whole song
They also have all those b movie clips during all of rocket queen on the side screens and the boat guy footage during chinese democracy.,
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: